German Nabbed For Taking Illegal Refuge In Thailand

george

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you people writing about? You don't even know his case history! Probably better than yours!!!!

Eh blink.png he was convicted of killing someone !

A life sentence sounds about right to me - what would you have done ? let him off ? Couple of years of community service ? probation ?

Edited by londoedan

why extradite him, he did germany a favor by killing a mobster, no ?????????????????????????????

Thats what I thought in the first place....

And sorry, but I belive the whole story when I read it in a NORMAL German newspaper.... I have seen death people walking around here....

Funny, I cant find a MURDER named Gerd or Gerhard Laux in Germany..... there is a doctor with this name writing books and a lawyer, ... may be we should wait... may be he is not german, may be he is just 71 and not 73 and may be he IS a mafia boss and has not shot one....lots of maybes here like usually in TV forum or Thailand news

Well if we are relying on Thai journo's then just about anything will be reported !

One less criminal in Thailand can only be a good thing. Seems these days Big Brother can find scumbags wherever they hide.

Conversely, one less numpty in the forums wouldn't be a bad thing either.

This poor guy is 73, served 14 years in jail and is in poor health. One has to have a certain amount of compassion given those facts.

We know the guy he killed was a mafia boss and it was over extortion. Sounds like he could have really been pushed into a corner to me.

Still, where would be without a few hang'em high, Thaier than Thai self righteous comments.

"Look at me I'm practically Thai now, been here years". We are foreigners and will always been seen as such.

We don't know he's a scumbag. Personally I hope he sorts himself out and spends his last years out of jail.

Edited by Pui
  • Like 2

Easy to hide, till the money runs out. 3m bht 2yrs. about right.

Didn't you read the story sold house more than likely in germany how about 3 mil. euros.

when you guyst start READING??? it says bt3 million ... I cant find a EURO sign in this...

and I dont know HOW you are living.... With 3million Baht I live in Thailand till the end of my days....and thats more as most of you have left :) not even 50 yet :) with just 500.-Baht I can make a living here, incl. car or motobike or both.... bet most of you millionaires or billionaires will never understand HOW this works ... ever visited a NORMAL Thairestaurant? for 100.-Baht a meal incl. something to drink I can go eat there 2 times a day.... But ok, I drink only 2 beers everyday and sometimes not at all..... stop drinking, smoking and you make it....hehehehe

• Like 1

What are you people writing about? You don't even know his case history! Probably better than yours!!!!

Eh blink.png he was convicted of killing someone !

A life sentence sounds about right to me - what would you have done ? let him off ? Couple of years of community service ? probation ?

life sentence means 15 years in germay...so a bit stupid anyway running away a year before...as far as I know he get now 5 on top, so the last year plus 5 means he is back in Thailand with 80 (: .... enough time to start a familiy here, find a 25 y.o. service girl, making a baby and live a happily life till the wife founds out how to get to his insurancemoney :) ....then he will turn up here in TV as a thread again....

• Like 2

UPDATE

Fugitive murderer arrested in Thailand

BANGKOK: -- Thai police have arrested an offender who had fled from Germany. The man was convicted in 1997 in Wiesbaden to life in prison. Now he is to be deported to Germany.

The 73-year-old was convicted in 1997 of murder in Wiesbaden, the Thai Immigration Department in Bangkok reported Friday.

The prosecutor's office in Wiesbaden confirmed the case. The man had been released temporarily for health reasons in 2010 from prison, and then fled from Germany, a spokesman said. Against the now 73-year-old a life sentence was imposed.

The Thai police arrested the man on request from Interpol. They arrested him in Khon Kaen about 450 kilometers northeast of Bangkok.

He will be deported, said the spokesman of the Thai Immigration Department. After his return to Germany the man will go to prison, but for his escape from Germany he cannot be charged under German law.

-- Briefly translated from dpa 2012-10-06

http://www.fnp.de/fn...0215964.de.html

Didn't you read the story sold house more than likely in germany how about 3 mil. euros.

Didn't you read the story? I says Bt3 million. Bt is obviously an abbreviation of Baht not Euros. It's better to check your facts before you have a go at someone.

But because of his escape, he cannot be charged for fleeing Germany under German law.

I hope that's a translation error.

hehe, NO ITS NOT ... just learned it too today... There is no EXTRA time for runners.... If the authorithies in Germany are to stupid to lock you in properly or let you go for what reason ever (holiday etc...thats not a joke) its their fault and can not be blamed to the inmate ... good one ... glad he had some fun here before seeing a cell again...this time btw, he will not have energy anymore in the cell, I bet.... may be they can not extend the time, but they will make it harder for him.....

"Thai immigration police said Gerd Laux, 73, was sentenced by a German court to life imprisonment on a charge of murdering German mafia Bernatino Rossi in an extortion conflict".

Didn't they take him to jail after he was sentenced?

The only reason for deportation..........overstay. cheesy.gif

It doesn't say in the OP if he was the extorter or the extortee.

He was the hitman from one of two rivaling extortion gangs. That's why he got life (15-20 years). He was out of prison for medical treatment probably in hospital. Not unusual to get 4-5 days given he served 14 years and his age. Plenty of time to leave Germany and enter Thailand before he had to show up in prison and him being "connected". He'll not be charged for doing a runner. Not possible under German law.

The OP case is also mentioned in the "Frankfurter Neue Presse".

He was the hitman from one of two rivaling extortion gangs. That's why he got life (15-20 years). He was out of prison for medical treatment probably in hospital. Not unusual to get 4-5 days given he served 14 years and his age. Plenty of time to leave Germany and enter Thailand before he had to show up in prison and him being "connected". He'll not be charged for doing a runner. Not possible under German law.

And we criticise Thai law!!!!!

Haha absolute quality, bt3m means baht not euro.....

Doh

Few houses in the West sell for so little - I sold a tiny bungalow for 12M Baht. I would more readily believe a misprint than tht he sold a house in Germany for peanuts.

He reportedly sold his house in Germany for Bt3 million

last time i checked "Bt" is not a short form for EUR tongue.png

And we criticise Thai law!!!!!

He'll not get a second chance. Has to complete his sentence now. I also think it's 3 million Euro for his house.

Edited by miruph

when you guyst start READING??? it says bt3 million ... I cant find a EURO sign in this...

and I dont know HOW you are living.... With 3million Baht I live in Thailand till the end of my days....and thats more as most of you have left smile.png not even 50 yet smile.png with just 500.-Baht I can make a living here, incl. car or motobike or both.... bet most of you millionaires or billionaires will never understand HOW this works ... ever visited a NORMAL Thairestaurant? for 100.-Baht a meal incl. something to drink I can go eat there 2 times a day.... But ok, I drink only 2 beers everyday and sometimes not at all..... stop drinking, smoking and you make it....hehehehe

Whilst I would like to be in a position to spend 3m baht in 2 years, I find your assertions a little naive. Even in Phuket you can eat a good Thai meal for under 100 baht and find a beer for 50/60 baht. But if you eat 2 x 100 baht meals each day that comes to 73000 baht each year just on food for you. What about the cost of your car, motor bike, house, clothes, petrol, wife or girlfriend, TV, visa extensions, computer with broadband (to be able to post on TV) etc etc etc. Or don't these expenses count. I don't understand how you get by on 500 baht - is this per day, per week? The numbers do not add up.

Under 50 and living like a 17th century peasant - I don't envy you.

• Like 2

and I dont know HOW you are living.... With 3million Baht I live in Thailand till the end of my days....and thats more as most of you have left not even 50 yet with just 500.-Baht I can make a living here, incl. car or motobike or both.... bet most of you millionaires or billionaires will never understand HOW this works ... ever visited a NORMAL Thairestaurant? for 100.-Baht a meal incl. something to drink I can go eat there 2 times a day.... But ok, I drink only 2 beers everyday and sometimes not at all..... stop drinking, smoking and you make it....hehehehe

+ don't forget when money gets even tighter you can always downgrade your lifestyle even further by moving to the DPR CONGO so you can stretch your meagre wealth that little bit longer ?

If he sold it for bt3 million and not for € 3 million it wasn't well planned for a organised criminal gang member. But quite possible he sold it that cheap given his time frame.

Brian welcome to TV. These poor darlings just need a skin full of p1ss and a computer and they are instant experts. It doesn't matter what crime or what nationality the judges and jury of TV will clear it up instantly. We would be lost without their skills of deduction in the Royal Thai Police. And thankfully we also have some of them as volunteer police. Mostly UK people but you can't have it all.

and I dont know HOW you are living.... With 3million Baht I live in Thailand till the end of my days....and thats more as most of you have left smile.png not even 50 yet smile.png with just 500.-Baht I can make a living here, incl. car or motobike or both.... bet most of you millionaires or billionaires will never understand HOW this works ... ever visited a NORMAL Thairestaurant? for 100.-Baht a meal incl. something to drink I can go eat there 2 times a day.... But ok, I drink only 2 beers everyday and sometimes not at all..... stop drinking, smoking and you make it....hehehehe

Whilst I would like to be in a position to spend 3m baht in 2 years, I find your assertions a little naive. Even in Phuket you can eat a good Thai meal for under 100 baht and find a beer for 50/60 baht. But if you eat 2 x 100 baht meals each day that comes to 73000 baht each year just on food for you. What about the cost of your car, motor bike, house, clothes, petrol, wife or girlfriend, TV, visa extensions, computer with broadband (to be able to post on TV) etc etc etc. Or don't these expenses count. I don't understand how you get by on 500 baht - is this per day, per week? The numbers do not add up.

Under 50 and living like a 17th century peasant - I don't envy you.

Wasn't the story about a guy who' killed somebody back in Europe?

Hope you enjoy your 5 star noodle soup every day.......wai.gif

Edited by sirchai
  • Like 1

Yes. But in the finest traditions of TVF the topic has been enlarged somewhat. Surprised you read the posts if you find this tradition less than entertaining.

Yes. But in the finest traditions of TVF the topic has been enlarged somewhat. Surprised you read the posts if you find this tradition less than entertaining.

I didn't find your post entertaining, to be honest.---wai.gif