Going To Bangkok, And Phuket Soon! Help...

Lebanese1

Hey,

I was looking for different offers on exepdia.com, I'm going to Thailand on the 31st of Jan, and I wanna book from now.

I am staying for 3 days in Bangkok, till the 3rd of Feb, and then going to Phuket till the 11th.

There are 100;s of hotels in both sites, where is it preferable to stay? me and my other friend are single males, looking to have some fun! plus enjoy the culture and Natural beauty of the country.

Where should we stay? What hotels are more preferable? In phuket we're gonna chose a hotel close to the beach and close to bangla street. Is this a good idea? do most hotels have beach parties?

and what about Bangkok? where should we stay? We have no idea!

Plus the transporation between Bangkok to Phuket, is taking a 1st class train w good idea? Should I book the train from now too? or shall I just book it when I get there?

Thanks Ya'll

On a short trip you'll want to fly to Phuket and that can be booked now on Air Asia, Thai Airways, Bangkok Airways. Go to www.flightstats.com see the choices then pick your airline and book direct. Keep in mind Air Asia now operates out of DMK and if your are connecting to your International flight on your return you'll want to fly into BKK to avoid the transfer between airports.

In terms of hotels Soi 11 has lots of life & there is a Villa supermarket for you to pick up nibbles, I've suggested in the past the Citadines on Soi 11 as it is fairly new and reasonable. Book Direct with the chain. In Phuket it really does depend on your budget; a friend of mine stayed at the Yorkshire Inn Patong and said he enjoyed the hotel as it was so close to the action.

Guys, some of you are telling me to head to Phuket right away, but I really wanted to go to Bangkok first atleast 3 days to see a bit of it!

The offer I got was 2 way ticket, from Lebanon to Bangkok, + a 3 days stay in the Suvarnabhumi Suite Hotel in Bangkok 5 stars "Situated near the airport, in Bangkok, this hotel is in the same area as The Paseo Mall. Regional attractions also include Suan Luang Rama IX Park and Mega ..." + a 7 days stay in The Bliss Hotel 3.5 stars "This Kathu hotel is located in the entertainment district, nestled on the beach a short distance from Simon Cabaret, Patong Beach, and Bangla Night Street." in Phuket.... al thats for 1,352 $...What do you guys think? is that a good deal?

And should I take the train from Bangkok to Phuket? Since the deal includes me going from Phuket to bangkok on my return trip home in a plane. but not from Bangkok to Phuket... is the train a safe method of transportation in Thailand? I know its a 11 hour ride... would'nt it be fun thou? please let me know =-)

And should I stay those 3 days in bangkok? or should I go directly to Phuket??

Don't stay by the airport. It's miles away. Travel agents always come up with stupid itineraries like that.

Stay in the Nana area around Sukhumvit. Loads of good hotels around there. Plus lots of entertainment, food and transport.

The Bliss Hotel looks ok, but it's a long walk from Bangla. Wouldn't be my 1st choice. i like the Aloha Villa, but it's a few minutes to the beach. As mentioned, the C&N is also a good bet.

Honestly, steer clear of that airport hotel unless you have a 5am flight.

I live in Phuket, forget the travel agent BS, pay attention to what you see here. For you dudes in BKK the Sukhumvit Soi Nana location is the place, many hotels and action. Then fly to Phuket, book the r/t flights in advance direct on internet at AirAsia, Nok Air or Thai-Orient; all pretty much the same but beware of AirAsia little add-ons. At Phuket airport get into a minibus for Patong (book hotel in advance; Yorkshire and C&N are good suggestions and right in middle of action). Avoid the tuk-tuk taxis and jet skis in Phuket, notorious problems and scams with them. Avoid renting motorbikes, very dangerous here and many of the renters are scam artists.

• Like 1

I live in Phuket, forget the travel agent BS, pay attention to what you see here. For you dudes in BKK the Sukhumvit Soi Nana location is the place, many hotels and action. Then fly to Phuket, book the r/t flights in advance direct on internet at AirAsia, Nok Air or Thai-Orient; all pretty much the same but beware of AirAsia little add-ons. At Phuket airport get into a minibus for Patong (book hotel in advance; Yorkshire and C&N are good suggestions and right in middle of action). Avoid the tuk-tuk taxis and jet skis in Phuket, notorious problems and scams with them. Avoid renting motorbikes, very dangerous here and many of the renters are scam artists.

agreed good advice in this post

Guys, some of you are telling me to head to Phuket right away, but I really wanted to go to Bangkok first atleast 3 days to see a bit of it!

The offer I got was 2 way ticket, from Lebanon to Bangkok, + a 3 days stay in the Suvarnabhumi Suite Hotel in Bangkok 5 stars "Situated near the airport, in Bangkok, this hotel is in the same area as The Paseo Mall. Regional attractions also include Suan Luang Rama IX Park and Mega ..." + a 7 days stay in The Bliss Hotel 3.5 stars "This Kathu hotel is located in the entertainment district, nestled on the beach a short distance from Simon Cabaret, Patong Beach, and Bangla Night Street." in Phuket.... al thats for 1,352 $...What do you guys think? is that a good deal?

And should I take the train from Bangkok to Phuket? Since the deal includes me going from Phuket to bangkok on my return trip home in a plane. but not from Bangkok to Phuket... is the train a safe method of transportation in Thailand? I know its a 11 hour ride... would'nt it be fun thou? please let me know =-)

And should I stay those 3 days in bangkok? or should I go directly to Phuket??

Both hotels look pretty good and the price you obtained is a good deal, does it include round trip transfers to both hotels ?

You really shouldn't miss a few days in BKK, depending what time your flight arrives use the transfers and the airport hotel rest up & take the train into town, Grand Palace a few malls and then if you decide to spend one or two nights in central Bangkok it wont break the bank. As Charlie said Tripadvisor is your friend for reviews.

Since you airfare is included on the return portion of your journey from Phuket to bangkok make sure it is to Suvarnabhumi Airport, you don't want to end up at DMK and having to transfer, on the leg from Bangkok to Phuket one way you can use Thai Airways or Bangkok Airways from BKK and the other low cost airlines mentioned above from DMK.

Both hotels look pretty good and the price you obtained is a good deal, does it include round trip transfers to both hotels ?

Have you looked on a map at the Bangkok hotel? It's an awful location. Miles from anything and about 45 minutes each way into town, if you can get a taxi going past. Nearest train is some distance too and it's one of the slow ones on the ground.

Phuket is an over rated place. I really wonder why people are still going there.

If you spend some time on this web you will found many report of members who have been cheated, assaulted or robbed.

Definitively a place to avoid.

ps: also avoid the bus bkk-phuket, many people have been robbed while sleeping.

Edited by Bender

I had a look at the Bliss Hotel on street view. Nice location for the beach, but a long stagger from Bangla if you want to entertain new found friends from Bangla. And the traffic goes the wrong way to take a tuk tuk back unless you go the long way round.

Looks like a nice place though.

why are you all saying "The Bliss Hotel"is very far away from Bangla Street? I'm using google map and it says 1.1KM...which is nothing, a 14 mins walk...Or am I mistaken? is there a specific destination on Bangla street? Please guide me through this

Nothing wrong with the Bliss location. You might prefer not to have Bangla on the doorstep and if you do want a late night tuk tuk then just get one at the top end of Bangla, not the beach end.

For Bangkok, do not stay in your agent's recommended hotel. Ask them to find you a hotel on Sukhumvit. Try not to go beyond Soi 39 (odd) or Soi 26 (even). Plenty of mid-priced places. I'd recommend Soi 11.

why are you all saying "The Bliss Hotel"is very far away from Bangla Street? I'm using google map and it says 1.1KM...which is nothing, a 14 mins walk...Or am I mistaken? is there a specific destination on Bangla street? Please guide me through this

It's not far. Depends whether you mind walking that far at the end of the night, that's all.

But the Bangkok Airport hotel, terrible location..

Heyyy Guys!!

Ok, so I took all your comments into consideration since they were all quite similar!

Bangkok: Dusit Princess Hotel... The closest I can get to Nana area!

Phuket: I have 3 options

1) Patong Beach Hotel

2) R-Mar Resort and Spa

3) Millennium Resort Patong Phuket

Guys last questions, When I take a plane from Suvarnabhumi International Airport to Phuket, do I land in Phuket Int'l Airport, or is there any closer Airport?

Thankkk youuu alll for all yourrr helpppppppppp =)

Heyyy Guys!!

Ok, so I took all your comments into consideration since they were all quite similar!

1) Patong Beach Hotel

2) R-Mar Resort and Spa

Guys last questions, When I take a plane from Suvarnabhumi International Airport to Phuket, do I land in Phuket Int'l Airport, or is there any closer Airport?

Any of those hotels in Phuket will be fine.

But get your agent to find somewhere better in Bangkok. You do not want to be in Bangna, which is where the Dusit Princess is. There are dozens of hotels in the Lower Sukhumvit area.

And yes, you'll fly into Phuket International.

I suggest the C&N hotel in Patong. Cheap, central and decent.

If you are going to Patong, Phuket for the party life, then I'll second smokie36's recommendation on C & N Hotel in Patong. Stayed in their VIP room for three nights this past July. If you book with them for at least three nights, they will pick you up at Phuket Airport also. They have some discounts running now that say "(Valid from now until 31st Oct 12)" but you might send them an email with your dates in Patong and see what they can do for you!

Heyyy Guys!!

1) Patong Beach Hotel

2) R-Mar Resort and Spa

I hadn't heard of the Dusit Princess Hotel.. But if it's in Bang Na, it's barely better than the airport one..

Have a look at Majestic Grande or Dynasty Grande for example. There are also the various Citadines hotels and that Sacha's Hotel Uno looks good too.

If you really can't get a room round there at that time, try somewhere near On Nut/Phrakahnong.. There are loads of really good cheap hotels and they are rarely all full.

If you don't mind walking the 1km or so, that Bliss hotel was fine. Looks good on youtube.

Come visit the beautiful city of Chiang Mai and experience all the elegant sights. AbsoluteAsia Travel on Facebook

we can help you with private tours to waterfalls, elephant rides, temples, cooking classes, tiger temple, and much much more!! Get in touch

You might want to speak to the site owners about becoming a sponsor..

Yes, I did book my hotels.

Bangkok: Majestic Grande Hotel! 3 Nights Great Location!

Phuket: Sun, Sea & Sand Hotel! 8 Nights...Close to the Beach, close to Banglo Street!

=-D

Just a fast Question.. In Phuket, where can we head to enjoy our time as 2 single men, other than Banglo Street.

Is there like Islands we can go to chill or something? is there Natural places we can head to? Forests? Jungles?

I am planning to make a plan for everyday on my trip