Airsoft Team

pcdude

Is anyone interested in forming a Pattaya Airsoft Team, registered with the Thailand Airsoft Association?

Let me just add the legalities before the forum gets flamed!

“Paintball guns, BB guns and airsoft guns are not considered firearms, so it is legal to possess them without having a permit or registering them. However the owner must comply with the following conditions:

• The gun hasn’t been modified to use CO2.

• Only plastic bullets are used – no metal bullets or marbles may be fired.

• When carrying the gun outside of the owner’s property it must be packed in a safe case or box. It is not allowed to be carried in shirt or trouser pockets, nor can it be left out in the open.

• The gun can’t be used to commit a crime or torture animals.

The gun becomes illegal if any of these rules are broken.

Please contact the public administration section of the district office in your area for more information.

You can call Muang District office at 076 211171, Kathu District Office at 076 321133 or Thalang District Office at 076 311297.”

Edited by pcdude

I was actually looking at joining an Airsoft club but couldn't find one so I might be interested if you can get it set up.

I think there is one as part of the CAT sports club on the 3rd road between Pattaya Nua and Klang. If you are driving down the 3rd road towards Klang, it is on the left hand side about 400 metres in. Poorly sign posted and set back behind the main street.

I actually never have done it in my life but willing to try one time for sure smile.png

OP, is the advertisement on Bahtsold also from you?

Yes it is.

I recently sold my L96 Sniper rifle and purchased a AEG and 1911 pistol

I know CAT have a team, but im not sure if its paintball or airsoft.

If you have never fired off a few shots, PM me and come around and take a few pot shots. Its a lot more realistic and fun that I first imagined. We have been offered some land to "play" in, but its my landladies dads home as he is ex thai military and when he spotted me shooting, he just had to join in. So as a gift, I will buy him a gun as a present... Lovely old coot, he is !

I have started a facebook page for all the news and updates... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thailand-Airsoft/424606017600047

Edited by pcdude

Probably a dumb question, but what does an Airsoft Team do? Of course I can see it is something to do with shooting, but what are you shooting, targets or each other or what? What's the difference to paintball?

Its actually not that different to paintball. The difference is more the authenticity of a battle, whether it be Jungle warfare, close quarters battle or capture the flag type scenario. You can play world war 2 scenarios, Vietnam scenarios etc. At close distance, you are forbidden to use rifles and must resort to a pistol (depending on the gameplay rules for that field)

If you get shot, depending where you are hit, medics can heal you or if its a kill, then you walk of the field and respawn after x amount of time. Airsoft is more simulated battle.

And yes.. you shoot the other team. Teams from other countries come here or we go there to compete... Im sure many Thais would love to take a crack at a farang team and vice versa... :)

Cheers

Edited by pcdude

You can buy your Airsoft stuff here http://thailandairsoft.com/ ...

Me and the neighbor went to CAT Sports club and they have a decent airsoft field. There where 6 Thai guys playing there all in hired gear and asked us to join in. We declined simply based on the fact that we didnt have runners on and didnt have enough "farang" team mates whistling.gif

I will pop down on a Saturday/Sunday and grab some pics of the place if anyone is interested.

In general, for not losing skills, and active movement and get a good shot of adrenaline we are doing here in such games and training.

Now I will do it in Thailand, was not so boring.

Movies is made on the basis of our training. If somebody interesting - welcome.

I look forward to actively train and play we will start in November. Also, we have interesting shooting range (without snakes, etc).

We can also recommend and help with equipment, tactical kit, etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't speak for others but I am not advertising anything,

I am a new player looking for other foreigner that do airsoft. recently I have added multiple play fields and retail locations on my map. getting up to date information in english is difficult, so i do my best to help others who would want to start out like me.

cheers,

Sounds like fun I am willing to give it a go. Do they have everything needed there to rent?

every big play field in my map should have guns, apparel and facemask for rent since they have alot of new players and groups come in that doesn't play on a regular basis. you can see in my map numbers and website, you can always contact them.

have fun :)