Downloading Music With True

DegenFarang

I tried using iTunes for the first time last night but it was taking a very long time to connect to the Music Store. Anbody have success downloading music from BKK? Have a very fast True connection (the fastest they have in Bangkok) so should be alright ot do it. Any tips appreciated. Especially the name of any pay/free services that work well here for downloading good american music.

Cheers

Try using Limewire (use Google to get the URL), it is free and there is quite a good search engine which will download text, video and picture files. Read the instructions before installing because it requires Java to be enabled.

Good luck.

I go for a 2 prong approach for d'ling music , movies & TV.

Bittorrent - for anything current or recently released. Fast to download but limited to whats current.

Limewire / DC++ - for older releases , slower to download but large selection, better for music.

Theres a thai expat DC hub for file sharing locally but I dont think we're allowed to post details about that anymore.

used to download through limeware and bearshare until my computer got blocked and had to format it.

Does limeware not come with spyware and are there any dangers from it such as virus...

How to protect your computer if you use limeware or is it completely safe?

used to download through limeware and bearshare until my computer got blocked and had to format it.

Does limeware not come with spyware and are there any dangers from it such as virus...

Limewire's fine. A similar program called Kazza though was horrible for installing spyware.

cv

Limewire's fine. A similar program called Kazza though was horrible for installing spyware.

cv

You are exactly right sir.

The Kazaa installer asks us to accept a very long license agreement of 22,606 words of license agreements, that's five times the length of the US Constitution.

Kazaa's main license agreement is still some 4,473 words long, and is shown only if a user requests it by clicking a link within the installer.

MORE!

Kaza has 845 registry ad ons, it also includes bundled software to Track web browsing habits

and then gives you FREE Pop up ads. As does E Donkey, and Morpheus. Stay well away from all of them.

LimeWire has no bundled software no license agreement and only 134 registry ad ons. It is clean of all that nonesense and asolutly freeeeee.

Kazaa Lite was a good version and still works very well but its hard to find a good version.

Limewire is good but Limewire Pro is better and you can upload it for free using Limewire basic program. But beware, there are umpteen viruses on Limewire and its so easy to forget to check each file you download with a virus killer program first.

I prefer Bearshare Pro. It seems to have better searching and quick quick downloads with far fewer viruses and spyware to worry about

Soon I want to give DC++ a try on my machine especially as it is based on local hosts. Is it really true we cannot discuss this program anymore as I have heard it can be a real bother to set up at first

JAF