How Difficult Was It To Sell Your Condo?

it depends:

-First, you need to sit down with a realtor for a consultation to define your real estate needs and motivation. Have you bought or sold a property before?

-Second, you need a formal market analysis to display the recent sales,the properties on the market and the ones that didn't sell. then you can reach a reasonable decision on what to offer.There is no secret formula , but it's a science.with the facts..

-Selling a condo is like any other property. Location,condition and price..Price is important but that's not the only key. As a seller you don't want to give it away either. It's marketing and how to do it is the key. Preparing, staging and presenting is also a key factor.

-You need to be aware of your conditions and facts surrounding you before you enter the market. so you can have enough ammunition to attract, please and entertain buyers for your property.

"-Second, you need a formal market analysis to display the recent sales,the properties on the market and the ones that didn't sell. then you can reach a reasonable decision on what to offer"

Where may such a service be found in Thailand?

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started advertising my condo today.

I've taken on the advice on this thread (and am now thus reviving it a little)...

Prakard.com - the Wife can handle the Thai language sites...

I have / will advertise on ThaiVisa.com and Baht&Sold - Are there any other useful Websites on which an add may get hits.

With car's its simple, I've Sold 3 so far in my time in Thailand, but the property agents seem hungry for their 3%

At 6.5 Million Baht I'm not shooting for any profit and will advertise it (where I can) for what I bought the condo for 3 years ago (from new).

So.. The Big Question for those of you with time to provide a helpful response: Which Websites are useful for Exposure ?

I started advertising my condo today.

I've taken on the advice on this thread (and am now thus reviving it a little)...

Prakard.com - the Wife can handle the Thai language sites...

I have / will advertise on ThaiVisa.com and Baht&Sold - Are there any other useful Websites on which an add may get hits.

With car's its simple, I've Sold 3 so far in my time in Thailand, but the property agents seem hungry for their 3%

At 6.5 Million Baht I'm not shooting for any profit and will advertise it (where I can) for what I bought the condo for 3 years ago (from new).

So.. The Big Question for those of you with time to provide a helpful response: Which Websites are useful for Exposure ?

brand & location - if you got that, easy to sell, if not? going to take a long time..

To get a good price for a condo though, i'd be looking at anywhere from 1 to 2 years myself. If you need to sell quick, that just doesn't work. If you sell quick you probably sold too low, or got lucky.

If you wait 1-2 years you have to factor in the interest you will lose on not having the money, also the expenses to keep the condo e.g. annual fee, repairs, etc. If you are planning to buy somewhere where prices are rising it could be better to selling quickly for less. All depends what plans you have for the money. You also run the risk of prices dropping or even crashing. If it's your home and you need to sell before buying somewhere else, then why drag it out for 1-2 years. Sell it and move on.

That is good advise worth repeating.

To get a good price for a condo though, i'd be looking at anywhere from 1 to 2 years myself. If you need to sell quick, that just doesn't work. If you sell quick you probably sold too low, or got lucky.

If you wait 1-2 years you have to factor in the interest you will lose on not having the money, also the expenses to keep the condo e.g. annual fee, repairs, etc. If you are planning to buy somewhere where prices are rising it could be better to selling quickly for less. All depends what plans you have for the money. You also run the risk of prices dropping or even crashing. If it's your home and you need to sell before buying somewhere else, then why drag it out for 1-2 years. Sell it and move on.

The advice is only as good as the difference in price you get from waiting vs not waiting. I think it could go either way myself. On his first point, the condo could possibly appreciate in that time as well, no? It could be very easy to counter the cost of expenses in waiting to find a more ideal buyer. Not even disagreeing, just saying it could be about a wash in many instances :)

His points are well worth heeding though, no doubt. And I appreciate his post as much as anybody, good points.

Edited by isawasnake

Chiangmai. I know of four condos which have been sold/bought in the last month. In the previous year several also.

All are in 20+year old buildings. Two were for Thais, two for farang. Three were for private use, one for rental income (for which the return is not great at these levels). All have sold quickly. None were "bargains", they actually sounded very expensive, but not in comparison to new buildings, to which the older, usually better positioned buildings, seem to be playing catchup pricewise. All sold for a very considerable rise indeed in price over the buying price from some years before.

The market seems to have a lot of demand, and certainly not limited to new units.

Edited by cheeryble

The advice is only as good as the difference in price you get from waiting vs not waiting. I think it could go either way myself. On his first point, the condo could possibly appreciate in that time as well, no? It could be very easy to counter the cost of expenses in waiting to find a more ideal buyer. Not even disagreeing, just saying it could be about a wash in many instances :)

His points are well worth heeding though, no doubt. And I appreciate his post as much as anybody, good points.

I agree with you also.

I mean all the costs relevant to each situation need properly working out; I just warn against focusing on that bit more money target on the sale while ignoring everything else.

• Like 1