Finnish Man Fatally Stabbed By Thai Girlfriend In South Pattaya

webfact

What about all those 14 and 15yr olds in the go go bars and massage parlours, you telling me they don't look 18 - 20?

If they look 18 - 20, how do you know that they are 14 and 15 yr olds?

I watch the news! are you denying it happens?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about all those 14 and 15yr olds in the go go bars and massage parlours, you telling me they don't look 18 - 20?

I don't know if it happens or where, I have never noticed it in the places I've been. But I prefer my ladies around the 29/30 age mark. I never need to worry about taking underage girls "By Accident".

I don't know if it happens or where, I have never noticed it in the places I've been. But I prefer my ladies around the 29/30 age mark. I never need to worry about taking underage girls "By Accident".

If you honestly have to pay for girls that age then either you are very old,very ugly or both!

Thai girls are absolutely desperate for anything with a pulse at that age!w00t.gif

• Like 1

Of course you wouldn't notice it, that's the point! Getting back to the original point, those 29/30yr olds you prefer, some of them are probably nearer 35/40.

If you honestly have to pay for girls that age then either you are very old,very ugly or both!

Thai girls are absolutely desperate for anything with a pulse at that age!w00t.gif

Where did I say I pay for girls ? I'm 45 years of age and a very sexy man.

If you're smart, you ask for ID.

What are you suggesting that very old and very ugly men should do?

Where did I say I pay for girls ? I'm 45 years of age and a very sexy man.

Why wouldn't a 45 year old man go with a woman rather than a girl?

It makes me wonder about the character of BOTH individuals, the deceased and the murderer. It also compels me to question my sympathetic emotions that would otherwise kick-in.

What kind of an individual would shack up with another individual that resorts to this behavior, and hence makes one wonder at the other, less terminal behaviors they both endured in each others company prior to this finality.

Regarding the woman; she needs to be put away permanently; as in death penalty, in order to keep the balance of society and its safety from further eroding by her mere presence among us.

Regarding the man; if he could not see this coming and ignored the signs that keep most others away from this sort of individual, then farbeit from me to prevent or mourn his passing.

Reading stories like this disgusts me; not only for the bestial partner, but for the stupidity of the one who pays the price for keeping poisonous snakes and believing they are anything remotely otherwise.

Given that this was an argument in the middle of the street followed by a stabbing, the woman (when caught) will probably not get the death penalty. In any Western country this would be viewed as a crime of passion. The woman was angry during an argument and then stabbed the man -- no obvious premeditation. Without premeditation this is second degree murder (or the defense might even argue manslaughter).

Also, it's sort of pre-judging this woman to assume that she is some sort of a vicious snake, and equally that the victim was somehow stupid for being her partner. You simply do not have that facts -- none of us do. I've seen Thais, both male and female, who look and act as normal and cool hearted as can be, go into violent rages and totally lose control. From a cultural perspective, Thais seem to keep a lid on there emotions and behavior in situations where most farangs will become angry and vocal. But that seems to be our cultural "release valve" to blow off steam. Thais on the other hand just keep smiling and holding it in -- but when a Thai blows -- get out of the way!!! People get hurt.

Very good post with good sense and balance.

Except one point: if she was in the middle of the street with a knife, that is arguably an indication of premeditation, no?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

To be honest I'm not sure. I know Thai women who carry weapons: box cutters, knives, I've even seen a gal with a set of brass knuckles. If she was walking down the street looking for the guy while talking about killing him -- yeah, premeditation. But if she pull a concealed weapon in the heat of an argument??? But again, we don't have the facts. The best we can do is speculate. I'm sure she'll be caught and it will be interesting (as usual) to see how the prosecutor and defense present the case. Maybe the guy ripped the knife from her hands and committed suicide in despair? whistling.gif Man, I've lived here too long.

Anyway, I'll be interested in how the pans out in the Thai justice system.

Please keep your Pattaya bashing comments to yourself. Users have been removed for such remarks. Many of us live pleasant and fruitful lives here in Pattaya.

Yes, this is not a thing that only happens in Pattaya. Happens all over the world.

Just out of curiosity what the heck are you two talking about. ,What ever it is it is probably a truth you don't want known.

It makes me wonder about the character of BOTH individuals, the deceased and the murderer. It also compels me to question my sympathetic emotions that would otherwise kick-in.

What kind of an individual would shack up with another individual that resorts to this behavior, and hence makes one wonder at the other, less terminal behaviors they both endured in each others company prior to this finality.

Regarding the woman; she needs to be put away permanently; as in death penalty, in order to keep the balance of society and its safety from further eroding by her mere presence among us.

Regarding the man; if he could not see this coming and ignored the signs that keep most others away from this sort of individual, then farbeit from me to prevent or mourn his passing.

Reading stories like this disgusts me; not only for the bestial partner, but for the stupidity of the one who pays the price for keeping poisonous snakes and believing they are anything remotely otherwise.

Given that this was an argument in the middle of the street followed by a stabbing, the woman (when caught) will probably not get the death penalty. In any Western country this would be viewed as a crime of passion. The woman was angry during an argument and then stabbed the man -- no obvious premeditation. Without premeditation this is second degree murder (or the defense might even argue manslaughter).

Also, it's sort of pre-judging this woman to assume that she is some sort of a vicious snake, and equally that the victim was somehow stupid for being her partner. You simply do not have that facts -- none of us do. I've seen Thais, both male and female, who look and act as normal and cool hearted as can be, go into violent rages and totally lose control. From a cultural perspective, Thais seem to keep a lid on there emotions and behavior in situations where most farangs will become angry and vocal. But that seems to be our cultural "release valve" to blow off steam. Thais on the other hand just keep smiling and holding it in -- but when a Thai blows -- get out of the way!!! People get hurt.

Very good post with good sense and balance.

Except one point: if she was in the middle of the street with a knife, that is arguably an indication of premeditation, no?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

To be honest I'm not sure. I know Thai women who carry weapons: box cutters, knives, I've even seen a gal with a set of brass knuckles. If she was walking down the street looking for the guy while talking about killing him -- yeah, premeditation. But if she pull a concealed weapon in the heat of an argument??? But again, we don't have the facts. The best we can do is speculate. I'm sure she'll be caught and it will be interesting (as usual) to see how the prosecutor and defense present the case. Maybe the guy ripped the knife from her hands and committed suicide in despair? whistling.gif Man, I've lived here too long.

Anyway, I'll be interested in how the pans out in the Thai justice system.

Some good points brought up about prejudging. Considering the type of people many of these girls/women deal with It would come as no surprise to me that they carry a knife.

Many people point out that they live in Pattaya and it is a good place to live. Possibly it is but you are naive if you don't know about it's seedy side. The seedy side draws people from all over the world and they are not coming because they don't drink and have sex when ever they feel like it with out having to go out of their way.Here in Chiang Mai we have a seedy side but it is not in your face and if you didn't know it you might walk down the street and not realize that is the seedier side of town.

Edited by hellodolly

Happens in countries all over the world. What you are saying is what we called a Barnum statement. You know Barnum from Barnum and Bailey circus. Referring to suckers he said their is one born every moment. By the way are you fluent in Thai. You would have to be to understand it when they speak it on TV they talk rather fast and are hard to follow if you are not fluent.That means understanding without having to convert it to your native language.

I wonder how many Thai's are murdered whilst living abroad? I have tried researching the subject with no real result, I did however discover that at least 17 Britons have been murdered in Thailand since 2003.

Thailand has one of the world's highest per-capita murder rates – when the UN last counted it in 2000, it stood at 5,140 per year, though the annual total is now speculated to be more than 6,000. In the years 2003 to 2006, 17 of these victims were UK nationals, according to the FCO. These murders include a sexually motivated killing of a young British woman; a Thai police officer executing two backpackers in a crowded street; shootings, throat cuttings and two cases of other Westerners murdering UK nationals; and, more pertinently, several cases of Thai wives or their family members slaying British husbands.

http://www.independe...ere-769640.html

The above link relates to an old case what is not reported is that the wife had a boyfriend who was a local policeman, what was more chilling was that during the trial the wife admitted that killing her son was discussed because she thought he (the son) had inherited a large amount of money!

Where did you do your research the Beano or some other comic book?? That quote is complete garbage

Accorrding to the official figures issed by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime

Thailand are 103'rd in the world which is some way short of being one of the worlds worst

The quote was pucked out of the air !

Thailand is still a relatively safe place.

Death penalty for murderes should be universal !!

The quote quite likely was to all crimes not just murder. For murder they are probably in the top ten for assault and battery leaving the Farangs out of the equation they could well be in the last 10 countries. For Drugs they are ary high on the list thereby dragging the over all rating down.

Remember they are in what is known as the Golden Triangle and many drugs while not manufactured it the Thailand portion travel through it. Also Thailand still has a drug producing industry in side it's borders.

Edited by hellodolly

I wonder how many Thai's are murdered whilst living abroad? I have tried researching the subject with no real result, I did however discover that at least 17 Britons have been murdered in Thailand since 2003.

Thailand has one of the world's highest per-capita murder rates – when the UN last counted it in 2000, it stood at 5,140 per year, though the annual total is now speculated to be more than 6,000. In the years 2003 to 2006, 17 of these victims were UK nationals, according to the FCO. These murders include a sexually motivated killing of a young British woman; a Thai police officer executing two backpackers in a crowded street; shootings, throat cuttings and two cases of other Westerners murdering UK nationals; and, more pertinently, several cases of Thai wives or their family members slaying British husbands.

The above link relates to an old case what is not reported is that the wife had a boyfriend who was a local policeman, what was more chilling was that during the trial the wife admitted that killing her son was discussed because she thought he (the son) had inherited a large amount of money!

Rubbish

Please keep your Pattaya bashing comments to yourself. Users have been removed for such remarks. Many of us live pleasant and fruitful lives here in Pattaya.

Shame that three Finnish men have lost their recently for divergent reasons...but still a tragedy. To attack the character of the deceased or Pattaya is just rude in a time of grief.

Some good points brought up about prejudging. Considering the type of people many of these girls/women deal with It would come as no surprise to me that they carry a knife.

Many people point out that they live in Pattaya and it is a good place to live. Possibly it is but you are naive if you don't know about it's seedy side. The seedy side draws people from all over the world and they are not coming because they don't drink and have sex when ever they feel like it with out having to go out of their way.Here in Chiang Mai we have a seedy side but it is not in your face and if you didn't know it you might walk down the street and not realize that is the seedier side of town.

After living in CM for three years I never found a location where drink or sex was more than 5 minutes away. Perhaps it is because I am handsome or that I like pink shirts but a lot more people offered to buy me drinks in CM than ever in Pattaya. I lived in Pattaya for three years and never found a place like ***** ***** in CM. It made Pattaya seem tame. But since I lived in both places for 3 years each maybe I am objective. wai.gif

It appears that over the last few years it`s been open season on farangs by Thai girlfriends and wives.

This is happening far too often these days, and my advice is, treat with caution and don`t fall head over heels with a cute smile and some nice words.

Well the bigger problem is the age difference. The woman in her forties dating a man 65 is bound to turn into trouble. Mostly because an Asian woman in her forties looks like she is 65. The man then decides hay there are 20 year old bar girls that will date me for a year or two, I think I will up grade. The 40 year old is pissed, she looses face with her friends and she lost her meal ticket.

So one night the 65 year old man doesn't come home promptly. The 40 ish Thai woman is pacing the floor getting angrier and angrier, next she grabs a knife hops on the motorcycle the farang bought and goes looking for him at his favorite bar, or maybe every bar. She finds him drinking with a friendly and very affectionate 20 year old Thai and the old one makes a scene. The farang pays his bill and leaves the bar with the old Thai broad chasing him and yelling at him. When they get far enough down the road the man stops and says, "listen you worn out old has been, we are not married and I'm getting a younger girl.". The old Thai lady looses it and stabs him.

So just be prepared in advance knowing your character and the character of Thai women. I don't care if she is a bar girl or a regular girl, a Thai woman is going to react way differently than a Western woman. If you're prone to partaking of the available young flesh don't give any Thai woman the impression she is your woman and you are her man.

One major problem with your theory is that the deceased Finn wasn't much of a "meal ticket" as you put it. She had to sell her cell phone to get enough money to escape Pattaya. A lot of Finnish expats are very hard up for cash and would not be considered "meal tickets". The fight could have been over money, not a young "extra".

Anyway, you can dream up all these scenarios if you like. Without all the facts you may as well be writing fairly tales.

Fear of Being Cut off, or, Saying NO to a Child

Not being a meal ticket is an interesting point. I suspect that if we tie this in with another murder (the South African Doctor murdered by his Thai wife and Thai in-laws, who was divorcing the Thai wife and taking his son with him) that we can find a motive, and that motive is being cut off from the good life.

I suspect your statement has more credo if we speculate that the Finn did have the money and means, and cut her off. In all probability, the reason for him cutting her off would be over some idiotic misunderstanding or unreasonable expectation. I have seen them go ballistic, and they swiftly reach a snapping point where what reasoning powers they do possess go our the window and the animal nature kicks in (physical violence from suicide and on up to homicide). If this is not clear enough, imagine a spoiled 2 year old being told NO in no uncertain terms.

Now we can define a common probable cause as "being cut off" and that, in turn, sparking murder in the hearts of a Thai. Regrettable for him that she was not the suicidal sort, and instead the homicidal category. It is not often that I read specifically about a Thai committing an atrocity against a foreigner where finances or personal possessions are not mentioned as the triggering factor towards the foreigner's undoing.

20-20 hindsight is a wonderful thing, init?

So go on being disgusted at someone else's plight. That is until it's your turn under the knife.

A Double Standard:

Compassion for one fool / Implying (without Compassion) that the Critic is a Fool

I am not addressing hindsight simply because the man is dead. My comments are an expression of my views and opinions regarding those who are intelligent enough to know better and to stay far away from individuals who demonstrate the early signs of dangerous to homicidal behavior.

Were this man alive and I were unfortunate enough to be subjected to his regaling of his less than desirable relationship, I would be remiss if I were not to tell him to his face that he is a dam_n fool to hold fast and try to convert this animal to his view on life. There are so many foreigners like this, who come here and get sucked in to the trickery of the cultural thinking and let this culture get under their skin, to the point that they make foolish decisions without being aware of the consequential behavior of the child-like minds, who do not respect emphatic rejection, and retaliate with the mentality of a child and the murderous resourcefulness of adult experience.

So why is it acceptable to imply that a living person is or behaves like a fool, and not acceptable to do the same for one of those who is no longer among the living? This is as stupid as people coming to your funeral to pay token respect, who never took the time to come see you when you were alive and give you some quality time. That also disgusts me; to think that glad-handing, sympathetic leeches would show up to my funeral and did not have the balls to visit me within reason when I were alive and would have enjoyed their company. If you don't have the time when I am alive, then don't waste your time over my dead body.

Your second statement is another undoing towards any sound reasoning powers. You are implying that any plight that comes to the attention of your senses should engage some sort of sympathetic or compassionate emotion within. This is simply not practical to the sensible person, who understands that there are fools and people who act foolish. I suspect he was a fool, for whatever reason, simply because he let time drag out for a long period while engaged with a sick person. This, in turn suggests that water attracts its own level. Feeling certain that the woman is undeserving of life, I am then compelled to ascertain that the man was indeed foolish to entertain her company for so long and to not be aware of the cracks and seepage of her character defects.

And thirdly, the sense of your statement is lost simply because you select negative comments for me and reserve compassion for the fool who chooses to keep damaged goods in his life, which eventually leads to his undoing (a common occurrence here in Thailand). Now you are really making yourself out to be two-faced, simply because the dead fool gets your compassion, and you then imply that were I to be murdered under the knife that you would be disgusted. That, in turn, disgusts me.smile.png

Making a pot-shot statement without any substance to it really does not do one credit if they intend to establish any kind of respect among their peers. At least I attempt to explain my views, no matter how much people agree or disagree, and that, I feel, deserves respect.

Not sure that your vehement disgust is justified - many couples argue - I dont think its reasonable to blame the victim at all without knowing the full story, and to be honest, as its not a relative of mine, and I suspect neither of the people involved are relatives of yours either, I dont think we have any right to know, or to comment on the whole thing, other than perhaps to send our general condolences to the family of the deceased.

If every couple in the world who went through a period of anger and argument were considered to be beneath contempt for it, what would the world be like? A very unpleasant place, I should think.

I guess what you may be saying is that you think that if people are in such a bad situation that they probably should split up, rather than resorting to violence, then I do agree, but in this case, we don't know all about it, never will, and as a result, I dont think we should blame the victim.

Idealistically Painting all People as Rational Individuals

This is a blind, idealistic approach, butting up against a statistical truth that the Thai mind, generally speaking as a group, is suicidal / homicidal on a scale much higher than other minds which are more developed and imbued with higher levels of consciousness. Again, the statistics, studies, and research into the human mind demonstrate that this behavior is certainly on the same scale which allows me to propose this view.

As I've stated before, if you compare the self-restraint of a child's undeveloped mind against that of an adult with a developed mind, you will find that the child has a shorter fuse and a larger outburst. Adults with the minds of children are simply more resourceful and quicker at bringing about finality to a conflict resolution; usually with death being the outcome. This is becoming more evident as we see children all over the world resorting to homicidal behavior when they feel they are at the end of their rope.

Because the child (a.k.a. undeveloped) mind can be encased within an adult body, we should not dismiss this fact because we are tricked into seeing "adults" and hence assume that they have some sort of mystical power of restraint. That they are arguing and knifing each other and hence try to give them the benefit of the doubt, simply because they appear to be "adults" is ignorant. Children behave like fools and many are fools, but because they are children, we make a euphemism of the word and call them undeveloped. You cannot call one a fool who has not been around long enough to know better. Adult bodies with undeveloped minds I classify as fools because they should know better over long, drawn out dysfunctional relationships. Children I classify as undeveloped and innocent, but my no means immune to proper correction to ensure the safety of society.

Responsible developmental instruction teaches children to choose the better part of lunacy when faced with a dysfunctional scenario. Instead, I see these two, for instance, as grown people behaving like children, and lacking the self-will to be exercised against their undeveloped, yet nurtured animal emotions. Developed minds nurture their better behaviors, and the people whom I describe seem to nurture instead their animal-like emotions as if it were some form of justifiable survival tactic.

-------------------------

With all that off my chest, for the record I will truthfully state that is saddens me that people have to die like this, but there is nothing I can do to prevent foolishness in people or foolish behavior which brings it on... but what is, is, and to avoid questioning all possibilities of this issue, simply because of unreasonable societal etiquette, is disingenuous at best when attempting honest expression and aiming for one's personal answers to a better quality of life and the decisions that go into it.

Well the bigger problem is the age difference. The woman in her forties dating a man 65 is bound to turn into trouble. Mostly because an Asian woman in her forties looks like she is 65. The man then decides hay there are 20 year old bar girls that will date me for a year or two, I think I will up grade. The 40 year old is pissed, she looses face with her friends and she lost her meal ticket.

So one night the 65 year old man doesn't come home promptly. The 40 ish Thai woman is pacing the floor getting angrier and angrier, next she grabs a knife hops on the motorcycle the farang bought and goes looking for him at his favorite bar, or maybe every bar. She finds him drinking with a friendly and very affectionate 20 year old Thai and the old one makes a scene. The farang pays his bill and leaves the bar with the old Thai broad chasing him and yelling at him. When they get far enough down the road the man stops and says, "listen you worn out old has been, we are not married and I'm getting a younger girl.". The old Thai lady looses it and stabs him.

So just be prepared in advance knowing your character and the character of Thai women. I don't care if she is a bar girl or a regular girl, a Thai woman is going to react way differently than a Western woman. If you're prone to partaking of the available young flesh don't give any Thai woman the impression she is your woman and you are her man.

One major problem with your theory is that the deceased Finn wasn't much of a "meal ticket" as you put it. She had to sell her cell phone to get enough money to escape Pattaya. A lot of Finnish expats are very hard up for cash and would not be considered "meal tickets". The fight could have been over money, not a young "extra".

Anyway, you can dream up all these scenarios if you like. Without all the facts you may as well be writing fairly tales.

Yes, sorry, I should have started my post with "A possible scenario". Clearly only the Thai woman and the Finn know what the fight was about.

Not sure if I agree with this part, though:

Mostly because an Asian woman in her forties looks like she is 65

A ragged out 40 year old Pattaya bar dragon looks like she is 65. However, a well kept, healthy, Thai woman does not.

Yes there are certainly some attractive 40 ish Asian women, but in general most start looking really old at that age. My mother in law is 45 and looks really old. My wife looked really cute 5 years ago and she is starting to look a tad tired these days and she is well kept.

But whether she looks 40 or 60 isn't the real issue. Even if she looks 40 and you compare her to a 20 YO bar girl the 40 YO looses her appeal. Unless you're in love.

Not sure if I agree with this part, though:

Mostly because an Asian woman in her forties looks like she is 65

A ragged out 40 year old Pattaya bar dragon looks like she is 65. However, a well kept, healthy, Thai woman does not.

Yes there are certainly some attractive 40 ish Asian women, but in general most start looking really old at that age. My mother in law is 45 and looks really old. My wife looked really cute 5 years ago and she is starting to look a tad tired these days and she is well kept.

But whether she looks 40 or 60 isn't the real issue. Even if she looks 40 and you compare her to a 20 YO bar girl the 40 YO looses her appeal. Unless you're in love.

Only two things in life that make it worth living.biggrin.png

Absolute cobblers! In general, Thai women in their forties look much younger. If your ridiculous statement about them being more likely to kill you if you get a younger woman was correct, all Thai men would be dead given that's just how they behave.

Thai women in their 40's look much younger than 40? That hasn't been my experience. But even if true a 40 YO doesn't look like a 20 YO. But as I have never been to Pattaya perhaps the class of women and bar girls is different than here in BKK.

I think the Thai women that date farangs are a different breed than the ones that date Thai's. Not much loss of face if your Thai boyfriend/husband dumps you, that is just part of life. But when a farang dumps a Thai woman that is like saying he just wanted to use your P for his fun and amusement and now he is tired of it. So a big loss of face. (my ex Thai GF explained this to me)

Then of course these are just my experiences and opinions, yours may differ.

Your numbers are not up to date, check it out, Thailand about Number 80 in the list of homicides per 100.000 people, far from bad!

Wikipedia shows, recent, last count 3.300 killings per year in Thailand, 4,8 per 100.000 inhabitants per year,

only slightly more than USA 4,2

http://en.wikipedia....l_homicide_rate

Edited by ALFREDO

I was doing a little research last year and found that Thailand has a per capita murder rate that is 2X that of the "wild west, gun crazy" USA. Considering Thailand is supposed to be the most Buddhist nation on earth, how is this fact reconciled?

Thailand 4,8 killings per 100.000 inhabitants, USA 4,2 killings per 100.000 people

I did also some research. Double where?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

hope his villa was not on the GF name...even she murdered him (for money, house) can she keep the house in thai law ???

No fear, the place of murder was not Mr.Tara's living place.

" Mr. Tara lived in a rented apartment" - From the Newspaper LINK