Fly In To Suvarnabhumi, Eu Passport, No Visa, What Happens?

Hello,

I carry Swedish passport with no Thai stamps. Maybe I have to fly into Suvarnabhumi without a visa.

How will the Thai immigration authorities treat me, most likely? I guess they will let me stay, but for how long time?

Will this situation be different if I also carry an onward ticket? (Like the cheapest Air Asia ticket to Phnom Penh, for example, just for visa purposes).

Sorry if you consider the reply obvious. For me it is important to get this right. I haven't been able to find absolutely reliable information and I hope the experience of this forum will help me.

Thanks

Thailandsgreat

You will get 30 days on arrival, but without a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days of arrival the airline might refuse you boarding. With a ticket to a neighbouring country you should have no problems.

Thanks for reminding me. I guess I will look for the cheapest onward ticket on-line.

This topic has already solved my question, thanks.

If I may add, I would also like to know the possibilities of extension. If I reside in Nong Khai, Khon Kaen area. Can I make visa run to Vientiane?

Thanks for clear replies.

Edited by thailandsgreat

Yes you can do that - but if able it would be best to obtain a visa before coming here.

Thanks

If I try to get a Thai visa in Yangon or Phnom Penh, would they ask me for an onward ticket at the Thai embassy before issuing visa? Will I get a longer period of stay if I get the visa beforehand.

I agree that coming with a visa is better, but are there any practical differences?

I guess the airline will not refuse me if I have a visa, even if I do not have an onward ticket?

Correct no airline problem and a visa entry would be 60 days that can be extended 30 days at immigration office. Consulate might ask for ticket (Burma) but not likely Cambodia. But with major passport often a normal asking is not asked so I would give it a try and buy a ticket if you need (as if you plan to stay longer you will have to obtain a new visa anyhow).