Change Of Visa Extension

Information needed Please, I'm currently living here on a Yearly Visa Extension Based on my Marriage to a Thai Wife.

My current extension is due for renewal late November and I would like to change it to a Retirement Visa, I have in place the required funds in the Bank, well seasoned and also have a Yellow Book to prove my residential status, I know the Forms to fill in and Passport Copies to provide, not sure of how many of each though,?. Also do I have to begin the process any earlier, because of the change in Visa.?. I usualy apply seven days before my current Visa Expires.

Not sure if i've missed out anything, but help would be really appreciated.

Thank You in Anticipation.

For annual extension based on retirement, you may apply as early as 30 days before expiration of your current permission to stay. It is generally a good idea not to wait until the last days to apply. Of course there is no rule saying you need to apply early.

For money seasoning using the 800K Thai bank account method, the needed period is two months before the application date at immigration for the FIRST retirement extension, and three months for all subsequent annual extensions.

Edited by Jingthing

You can change without a problem, will be a lot easier. Only 1 copy will be needed and the updated bankbook and bankletter of course.

But when you change, this first time take the misses with you as some immirgaiton offices want the wife to understand you are changing from reasons of marriage to retirement.

Am not sure where "here" is exactly and that will likely determine if more than one copy is required. In Bangkok it will only one one copy of passport/extensions/visa/departure card and one 4x6cm photo taken within six months for the one TM.7 application and 1,900 baht fee and financial proof. But they may want the wife to be with you to sign she knows of the change being made. They did a few years ago when I did it. But as said it will be much easier in the future.

Often two or even three sets of documents are required upcountry but it varies by office and subject to change so best information is from someone who recently did in the specific office if you can not ask them.