Simple Pleasures............

theblether

There's something magical with ice cream be it a two year old or 99 year old it's smiles all around.

My favourite simple pleasure is going to the airport arrivals hall a few hours before I'm to collect someone and just watch other people picking up family and friends.

• Like 2

My lady loves handbags and shoes, ( well she is a Thai girl ), but if I buy here a Magnum ice cream her eyes light up and she goes into fits of giggles. I love it

..that is uncanny! my lady does exactly the same thing when i buy her GOLD..! blink.png

edit : that's 'Nescafe Gold' - for a few baht more it's so much better than 'Red Cup'

(However, if i dare to splurge out on a jar of 'Carte Noire'... well, that really does make life worth living... thumbsup.gif )

Edited by HansVilder
  • Like 1

There's something magical with ice cream be it a two year old or 99 year old it's smiles all around.

My favourite simple pleasure is going to the airport arrivals hall a few hours before I'm to collect someone and just watch other people picking up family and friends.

Sounds like the opening sequence of..."Love actually"

• Like 1

My eyes would light up if you bought me a Magnum, too. :)

7-11 hit it out of the park with that one, much to my chagrin. It was relatively easy to resist buying Dove Bars or Haagen Dazs due to the cost, and the cheaper bars just weren't that good, but now 7-11 has to have a great-tasting bar for a reasonable price! Argh! Not good for my waistline.

And if I buy two, one to give to my friend, then somehow it makes me feel a little less guilty even if now I am adding to two people's waistlines! (But yes, the smile I get in return is priceless.)

Stealing an afternoon nap when its been a busy morning. Especially when my bf has returned from Aus and we steal one together.

Showering up and eating a good meal when on a long bike trip..feels like utter bliss.

Sitting on my own with an ice coffee in a small cafe where the people watching is good.

Petting a cat. ...actually, anything with a cat.! ..heaven would be if i had a cat and the bf together, and we all stole that afternoon nap!

• Like 1

Sitting in Rich Coffee House every day, watching the world go by. Very ordinary by many peoples' standards, maybe, but every minute with her is special.

Edited by Rob8891

my greatest recent simple pleasure came from having a dump after getting struck in the bangkok traffic with a tummy ache. been awhile since i felt a chill in this weather sad.png

......and people say romance is dead!! wink.png

My GF is a lot like Bletherings she loves purses and shoes. But last week we found something that makes her smile and glow more than anything else It is 7/11 stickers when we buy at 7/11. She is so excited about what she can get once she saves enough stickers. I never used to go to 7/11 but now I am taking her there 2 or 3 times a day to look for things we "need". Right now she is 7 stickers away from her first opportunity to be a winner as she sees it and get a free prize.She just glows when I say I "need" to go 7/11 and buy somethings.She goes with me very time to help.I love every moment of it. I never thought I would become a 7/11 customer but now wouldnot give it up for anything.

• Like 1

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

sitting in the carport, leo or johnnie green in hand, father in law sitting with his last coffee for the day and waiting for the storm to arrive, the lightening and rain, then the crickets starting, the frogs on the move and the smell of the trees in the garden.

mother in law and wife, collecting the buckets placed to catch the rain, placing them next to the plants to water them later the next day.

female family members waiting for the muay thai to finish, then switching channels to watch "take me out thailand", and all the chatter which goes with it.

• Like 1

Ah, so it's only Thai woman that like bags and shoes......the things that you learn on here..

Well you are consistent and very predictable in your posting if nothing elsecheesy.gif

I'm off out to buy my gf a magnum so I can see her eyes light up cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Ok i'm with you on that one, yes it was quite funny!

Ah, so it's only Thai woman that like bags and shoes......the things that you learn on here..

Well you are consistent and very predictable in your posting if nothing elsecheesy.gif

I'm off out to buy my gf a magnum so I can see her eyes light up cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Not as funny as arriving at an airport 2 hours before schedule so you can watch a bunch of strangers arriving cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Let's be honest, to read that a grown man gets off on buying an ice cream for a grown woman is extremely distburbing and very creepy IMO...my gf's eyes 'light up' when I strip down to my CK boxers, I think I prefer that cheesy.gif

Edited by hotandhumid

Not as funny as arriving at an airport 2 hours before schedule so you can watch a bunch of strangers arriving cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Let's be honest, to read that a grown man gets off on buying an ice cream for a grown woman is extremely distburbing and very creepy IMO...my gf's eyes 'light up' when I strip down to my CK boxers, I think I prefer that cheesy.gif

You were obviously hoping for a rise....but so far, 5 hours and not a bite....not even on Tv. cheesy.gif

Edited by Rob8891