Expats Favourite Brewski In Los Poll

greenwanderer108

Favorite Brewsky February 2006  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last time did the poll...Chang and Heineken were battling for the most pop...Nowadays, the market has changed a bit in such a short time...

Last time I was a Archa/Tiger guy...but got to say my preference has swayed towards the Cheers taste now...got a sweet lager taste, which is different.

San Miguel is now available in cans...so can't really assess it fairly until I've had atleast 12 big bottles of the product...what do you think? :o

Beers have different uses for me. If I want to get drunk I drink Chang. If I want a little buzz I drink Tiger. If I am out with the boys and want to stay fairly sober I drink Heineken. If the Chang is very cold I prefer it to the others. Years ago I would have NEVER considered putting ice in my beer but I am able to put ice in my Chang and it still tastes great. Chang is available everywhere up country but many Jomtien and Pattaya places don't serve it so I drink Tiger when I am in those bars.

You know you have gone native when the beer in your hand is a Chang :D

I'm stuck in the states and the only beer in my fridge is Chang

Can you get Chang in the states now? When I was there several years ago, the only Thai beer I could find was Singh, in small bottles of a 6 pack for like 10-12 dollars at the have-all-import-lq-mart.

Well, maybe the Thai resteraunts had it on the menu...can't remember.

Chang is deadly stuff man. You all noticed the fumes that come out of the bottle when you open it...wow, get drunk just thinking about it. Anyway, if I have a choice, I won't touch it...but the little mini mart at my apartment only has Chang 35 baht, Leo 40 baht, Singh 50 baht, and Hein 60 baht...so I usually am forced to go with Chang. Sure wish they would sell Tiger and Cheers here :o

I seem to slightly prefer Red Horse when I stock up on local beers to entertain visitors. Also, I've found that I mostly stopped drinking once the local supermarket stopped replenishing the Erdinger wheat beer, which is by far my favorite hot-weather beer (and for me, even the cool season here is hot weather). I've started to feel like the post-drinking blahs are more trouble than it is worth with the beers in the poll.

I like the beers I've tasted at Tawandang much more than the local bottled stuff. Are there any other good locally-brewed German-style beers here in BKK?

Heineken.

I read all about this Chang, and Leo, and Cheers, and I decided to give it a try. Never again.

Chang is in a category of its own - the strongest stuff with worst hangovers. If I ever want to get pissed very quickly and not worry about tomorrow.

Cheers smells and tastes of cheap perfume.

I liked Asahi at one time, but nor anymore. Back to Heineken.

The only thing that Heiniken has goin for it is a pretty green bottle and good advertising...though they seem to be getting less creative lately

so how much does an imported bottle of Coronas go for these days..sold seperately or in the six pack?

Anyone know if San Miguel is sold in large bottles anywhere?

Great...

Found the large bottles of San Miguel at Villa market...They have two options. Light and Pale olsen...Don't understand why they would try to put a light beer into the Thai market...anyway it still seems to be 5+% alcohal...

Wasn't to keen on the Pale olsen stuff...as it was exactly that pale....bitter, but perhaps any beer would have been being so cotton mouthed at time of sample :o

Don't like the price never the less. (59 baht for large bottle or 30 baht for can)

They had a few other beers I ain't heard of, but should sample...

I can't stand any light beers (lager), which is a real bummer for me living in Thailand :o . I can drink Chang with lemonade in it. :D

Otherwise I drink Spy, 100 Piper, Cider from a few of the Pattaya shops, or occasionaly treat myself to a few tins of John Smiths or Guinness(100 - 200 Baht per tin!).

I wonder how many people have actually tried Red Horse at 6.9% alcoholic content? I think everyone knows how much Aussies like beer and although I am no expert I think most Aussie beers run between 4 and 6 percent Alcohol. I have a couple of Aussie friends who were new to Thailand and still drinking at an Aussie pace which is frightening to most people. I bought a case of Red Horse to a gathering and after an hour had to go out and get another. Although they held up admirably and I learned a lot about Queensland and aboriginal hunting techniques and the strength of Kangaroo leather that night you should have seen them the next day. That’s strong piss mate.

I voted Singha but I always go for Phuket beer on the rare occasions I see it on a menu - very nice, light and crisp beer. Good when served Corona-style with a slice of lime.

Did I mishear you? Phuket beer? Wifey 's from Phuket and she doesn't know of any such brand...

Enlighten me please :o:D

Yes, Phuket Beer. I've seen it only fairly recently, it comes in a very colourful bottle and I've only ever seen it in small size. It's 5% volume, a nice light beer. I've had it a few times in a restaurant called "Tom Yam Kung" on Khao San Road and also in a restaurant called "Baan Kanitha" on South Sathorn Road. Both restaurants are excellent, by the way, so all the more reason to go and sample some of the beer!