Good Price For A Bmw?

Hi

Just been looking at second hand cars. I saw a BMW 318i (E46) for sale in superb condition. It is a late 2005 model and has 90,000km on the clock. The asking price is 770,000baht.

I know that BMW's/Mercs etc are taxed very heavily under the luxury tax law, that aside is this a good second hand price for this car in Thailand??

Originals are expensive for most brands, especially imports. Things like brake pads are no problem as generics are available - this problem is more complex parts, such as electronics and ecu's then it becomes a major issue.

Generics, eh, genuine fakes?

The OP is interested in a 2005 BMW. This is old enough to start needing some parts. Presumably they have some idea of BMW parts costs, if not some research would be a good idea. Another poster, Bazmlb noted some BMW 520 parts cost experience in the Reliable 2ND hand car in Thailand" thread.

Non OEM or generic parts are sometimes fakes but also sometimes parts made by the same or alternative supplier with out the OEM brand and mark up. For older cars outside warranty, non genuine parts can be a good deal if the part manufacturer is known and their quality is OK.