Please Recommend Stable 3G Connection For Thonglor Area(Trading)

Lorin

Hi all, I am futures trader and staying in the apartment with unstable wifi connection(fast, but dropping for few seconds often), Thonglor area. Need to get unlimited or big 3G package from one of the local providers, the stability of the connection is more important than speed. What is good for that area? I think the choice is between True and Dtac, as AIS 3G is complete crap. Please recommend and share your experiences.

Thanks for reply, ADSL is not an option, I stay here only for few months and is no direct phone line from what I know. TruemoveH sounds like a way to go.,but I probably will test both Dtac and True to see what is better for that area.

Maybe just get a SIM from DTAC/HAppy and TrueMove H, these are ~ 50 - 100 baht, and subscribe to a daily plan (~ 49 baht) to experiment? Then you can choose the provider, and plan, which seems to offer you the best service. Both operate on 850 MHz so you'll need a device which supports that frequency. Some plans also come with bundled WiFi access, which may or may not be available in your location.

Alternatively, you can seek out a neighbor who does have DSL and ask to share their connection via WiFi, perhaps offering to pitch in on the monthly tab?

Always have a backup 3g connection from another provider in case of emergency (in your case, trading!)

you can use truemove-h and dtac. Ais is crap. Tot3g may be cheap backup alternative aswell. Never think 3g as stable connection as adsl/cable. in farang populated areas you will get slower speeds and frequent delays (no data for sometime)

Just to follow up, I got Dtac sim card and its working very well, fast and not dropping at all.

Watch your bandwidth fall like a stone after you reach 4GB or two days, all the 3G service providors are the same because 3G is not built out yet, been there, done that, now have 3BB ADSL, superb.