Starting An Export Company In Wife's Name

Hi,

I was looking for some help regarding opening a company that can export goods to asian countries like India, Bhutan, Nepal, Indonesia and others and can also accept wire transfers from U.S., Australia and U.K. I will be opening it in my Thai wife's name but I'll be the one working. Does anybody know the procedure, rules or regulations regarding this kind of business?

Thanks for the reply.

If you are American (as your US funds suggest) you can open the company 100% in your name. No reason to open it in your wife's name at all, as far as I can see. Employ your wife as manager, don't use her as owner.

Americans can own 100% of a Thai Company?

What other nationalities have this?

Just Americans, they have a 'special relationship' with Thailand.

So if the relationship goes sour, that would reverse the policy and put american companies in jeopardy... I would assume

Sorta feels a little like racism

So if the relationship goes sour, that would reverse the policy and put american companies in jeopardy... I would assume

it is racism! Americans get also discounts on baht-bus fares and American fried rice whistling.gif

Thanks all for the inputs,

I'm not American but I do have customers who buy things from U.S. and sell them to asian countries. What I'm gonna do is buy from Thailand and send it to their customers and get paid from U.S. and other countries.

Is it hard to set up a company of this purpose in my wife's name?

Thanks

Thanks all for the inputs,

I'm not American but I do have customers who buy things from U.S. and sell them to asian countries. What I'm gonna do is buy from Thailand and send it to their customers and get paid from U.S. and other countries.

Is it hard to set up a company of this purpose in my wife's name?

Thanks

A lawyer will be able to set up the company registration for your wife. Depending on the size of the company would determine if its worth doing. If you are just sending a few items a week from home dont bother but if its a large company with an office and warehouse for storage and dispatch would be different.

Dont forget if you are working for the company you will require a work permit, so at least 2 other Thai staff must be employed and 1 Million Baht in her business account. If its mainly from the US you may want to look at opening a Yankee $ account.

The probability of your relationship with your Thai wife going sour is greater than the relationship between Thailand and the US, me thinks.

giggle.gif

Hehehe... I guess so... however, at least my wife doesnt say f%$king husband when I walk past :)

• Like 2