Which One Is More Disturbing?

thaibebop

One of the Vietnam War movies where the yank soldier caves in the "gooks" (not my word) head with the but of his rifle. Sick sick sick, in front of his family too. :o:D:D

redrus

Gook was a really bad way to refer to the Vietnamese people. I have seen alot of Vietnam movies, but I don't remember a scene like that. Can you remember anything else about the movie? I am not doubting BTW, I just can't remember.

Yeah I agree TBB but, the word was used so many times in the movie its an integral part.

It was one of the big ones, one of the Dillon brothers was the git doing the damage with the rifle.

redrus

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOhhhH!!!!!!!!!

The oe I was thinking of, though, was the infamous Marathon Man... IS IT SAFE scene...

Definitely gets my vote! It's the only scene I can recall during which my own body, in this case, teeth, physically reacted to what I was watching. My entire body tensed during that scene.

One step down was the beating of the feet of Billy Hayes (Brad Davis) by that Turkish warden (Paolo Bonacelli) in 'Midnight Express'. OUCH!

The stuff that seems so "way out", like the two choices in the original post, don't get to my gut, because I don't fully accept them in my gut as reality. When I see documentaries of horrific events or acts (Nazi death camps, or some of the Tsunami footage, for example), they stand as the most disturbing. But, since we're talking fictional movies here, it's those scenes and situations which most effectively immitate reality that get to me.

Another thought. I guess this depends upon the specific definition of "disturbing". The stuff mentioned thus far by all is of the "physical abuse" nature. What about the "disturbance" of emotional pain?

For pure feeling, I can't recall any scene that moved me to tears more immediately and completely than the scene in 'Saving Private Ryan' when the Army officers arrive at the house of the soldier's mother, and she collapses on the porch as they approach. Wonderfully constructed and acted scene. Not a word spoken, but the depth of emotion was just incredible.

One of the Vietnam War movies where the yank soldier caves in the "gooks" (not my word) head with the but of his rifle. Sick sick sick, in front of his family too. :o:D:D

redrus

Gook was a really bad way to refer to the Vietnamese people. I have seen alot of Vietnam movies, but I don't remember a scene like that. Can you remember anything else about the movie? I am not doubting BTW, I just can't remember.

Yeah I agree TBB but, the word was used so many times in the movie its an integral part.

It was one of the big ones, one of the Dillon brothers was the git doing the damage with the rifle.

redrus

Okay, I think you are talking about Platoon by Oliver Stone. Kevin Dillion was in that movie. I haven't seen that movie in years, but if I can't remember a scene like that I need to see again.

One of the Vietnam War movies where the yank soldier caves in the "gooks" (not my word) head with the but of his rifle. Sick sick sick, in front of his family too. :D:D:D

redrus

redrus

Okay, I think you are talking about Platoon by Oliver Stone. Kevin Dillion was in that movie. I haven't seen that movie in years, but if I can't remember a scene like that I need to see again.

:o:D:D

redrus

One of the Vietnam War movies where the yank soldier caves in the "gooks" (not my word) head with the but of his rifle. Sick sick sick, in front of his family too. :D:D:D

redrus

redrus

:o:D:D

redrus

Ya know the sad thing is I own the movie. :D

redrus

redrus

Yep definately platoon, Where he is standing over the guy, saying did you see that, his head split open like a <deleted> watermelon

Ok, my memory is shot. I'm sure 5 mins after I post this I will remember the name of the movie, but it was James Caan and he was a writer and got into an accident and was cared for by some sick nurse?? Anyway when she "hobbles" him for getting up and moving about the house. The tied up feet to the bedposts and having at him with a bsaeball bat got me jumping.

Ok, my memory is shot. I'm sure 5 mins after I post this I will remember the name of the movie, but it was James Caan and he was a writer and got into an accident and was cared for by some sick nurse?? Anyway when she "hobbles" him for getting up and moving about the house. The tied up feet to the bedposts and having at him with a bsaeball bat got me jumping.

that is spookey after reading through the thread i'm gonna post exactly the same scene.

2nd most disturbing for me, the italian job [original] where the local mafia dumped an e-type yes an e-type jag over the mountain :o:D

I think that the movie you are talking about is Misery....

L

Squeal like a piggy was much more disturbing for me. Scum greenhouse scene is very close to it.

Gimp scene is child's play compared to them. As previously said, Tarrantino manages to make grisly scenes seem slightly tongue in cheek (if you'll pardon the turn of phrase) Take the cutting the policeman's ear off scene in Resevoir Dogs

Stuck in the middle with you.

Fore gore, I still can't bring myself to watch the point of egress of the Alien from William Hurt's stomach.

Anyway, Happy Valentine's day, squeal like a piggy!

Squeal like a piggy was much more disturbing for me. Scum greenhouse scene is very close to it.

Gimp scene is child's play compared to them. As previously said, Tarrantino manages to make grisly scenes seem slightly tongue in cheek (if you'll pardon the turn of phrase) Take the cutting the policeman's ear off scene in Resevoir Dogs

Stuck in the middle with you. Why do I have to be Mr.Pink?

Fore gore, I still can't bring myself to watch the point of egress of the Alien from William Hurt's stomach. The facehuggers always get me! :o

Anyway, Happy Valentine's day, squeal like a piggy!

For me, violent sequences in movies are not very disturbing I always think about how they "made" it, same same with the monsters (AlienI is my favorite).

What really gets me is mountaineering stuff, docu or movie, makes me sweat immediately :o .

Patex