Thai-chinese Business Practices

Neeranam

QUOTE(stumonster @ 2006-02-04 04:44:37) *

QUOTE(saeb @ 2006-02-03 23:55:26) *

Two Aberdonians arguing over a penny. ph34r.gif

and I'm sure they are still trying to exercise patent rights blink.gif whistling.gif

Did you here about the Aberdonian kamikaze pilot?

He crash landed into his brother-in-law's scrap yard!

I used to live just off of Holburn Street!

So did I! I did a lot of drinking in Holburn Street - I lived in Howburn Place attched photo post-11421-1139072189_thumb.jpg

The hawthorn bar and the malt mill were great.

Did you know:-

Alexander Hamilton(Scottish) (1755-1804) was the first US Secretary to the Treasury. Also of Scottish descent was James Pollock (1810-90), who is responsible for inscribing "IN GOD WE TRUST" on US coinage.

and I'm sure they are still trying to exercise patent rights blink.gif whistling.gif

So did I! I did a lot of drinking in Holburn Street - I lived in Howburn Place attched photo post-11421-1139072189_thumb.jpg

Alexander Hamilton(Scottish) (1755-1804) was the first US Secretary to the Treasury. Also of Scottish descent was James Pollock (1810-90), who is responsible for inscribing "IN GOD WE TRUST" on US coinage.

I didn't know that. My local was the Abergeldie - I was a the posh end.

So that we don't get off topic, have you noticed how the Chinese takeaways in Aberdeen added Thai to their name and claim they sell Thai food? We ordered Tom Yam once and got sweet and sour! That's my experience of Thai/Chinese business practices!

I didn't know that. My local was the Abergeldie - I was a the posh end.

So that we don't get off topic, have you noticed how the Chinese takeaways in Aberdeen added Thai to their name and claim they sell Thai food? We ordered Tom Yam once and got sweet and sour! That's my experience of Thai/Chinese business practices!

They do that here too. Since when does a Thai place sell prawn crackers?

Have you ever been in those Bangkok noodle restaurants run by the Chinese?

The ones that have the green and off-yellow paint, split horizontally halfway. I used to eat in many of them - some of them looked as if they hadn't had a new coat of that disgusting colour for decades. They always had antique bottles of Sang Som up near the ceiling for some reason I've yet to work out.

They do that here too. Since when does a Thai place sell prawn crackers?

They know more people like Thai food. I like Chinese food in the UK but here I can't stand it, apart from the odd plate of noodles.

Edited by Neeranam

IME.

Give a Chinese Thai a business opportunity whereby you can guarantee 1m US$ profit. He will jump at the deal and try every which way he can to make 2 or 3m US$ at your expense.

:o

Easy and quick characterizations are silly and usually wrong. I have known a Thai-Chinese family who used to own a guesthouse in Bangkok. It is now closed down due to the aged father's poor health. For over 20 years I have seen their business ethics, and they have always been honest and hard working. One of the sons, a personal friend of mine, started out cleaning sewers (literally). He now owns a nice house in Bangkok and is well off. It's along way from washing sh-t out of septic tanks to being the co-owner of a guesthouse. His family also owns two paint stores, as well as property in Bangkok and Thailand.

The point is: in over 30 years I have never seen them be anything but honest, hard-working, and reliable people. I have personally seen my friend lend over $3000 to a guy who was living in the guesthouse and was attacked and robbed while coming home one night. This guy lost all his money to the robbers, and had no funds to go back to the USA. My Thai-Chinese friend went to the bank and arranged for the transfer of over $3000 in money and air fare, so my American friend could get home. The money was later returned.

People are good or bad, not nationalities or groups.

:D