Bangkok's New City Motto Unveiled

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a "motto." A motto is something that conveys a directional motive or a guiding principle. For example something like "ever upwards," but "the city that never sleeps" would merely be some huckster type slogan rather than a motto.

A more suitable "motto" for Bangkok might be something like "always and everything for sale." This would seem to fill the bill of a "guiding principle."

How does "Everlasting quest to become Hub of Ho's" work for you?

glorious as if created by angels,

I thought Venice of the east, was stretching it a bit.

"I can feel an angel sliding up to me

And if I'm lucky then this one's a she"rolleyes.gif

"I can feel an angel sliding up inside me" does not bode well for your hopes and aspiration.

City Hall launches official slogan for Bangkok

image_2012101214131553D1E529-A717-F8FB-A65141F1B8214E49.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 12 - Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) today launched an official slogan for the Thai capital chosen by over 40,000 voters.

The slogan reads "Bangkok is as god-created, the centre of administration, filled with luminous temples and palaces and the capital of Thailand."

Bangkok governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra presided over the slogan-launching ceremony at the City Hall courtyard. He said the slogan was to celebrate the 230th anniversary of Bangkok, founded as the capital of Siam in 1782.

A contest for slogan selection was held. Over 100,000 persons submitted postcards to vote for their favourite slogan.

The writer of the chosen slogan was Sutathip Pattanatheeradech.

The slogan, to be posted on more than 800 signboards in all 50 of capital's districts, as well as in the larger metropolitan area, will be used in ceremonies and on other occasions to promote Bangkok tourism. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-10-12

footer_n.gif

It was chosen as the winner in a motto contest.

There's no name given as the winner but congratulations should go that child anyway.

Wasn't it the governor who allocated the prize money from the city purse, he judged the wining entry and out of coincidence he was the lucky winner?wink.png

• Like 1

They should take a clue from the song. The motto should be:

Öne night in Bkk makes a hard man humble".

See, simple and to the point plus truthful.

The problem is, that song is banned in Thailand. It just doesn't stroke the aloofness of the people in charge, you know?

The slogan reads "Bangkok is as god-created, the centre of administration, filled with luminous temples and palaces and the capital of Thailand."

God created, huh? Was it Bacchus after an all-millenium bender?

glorious as if created by angels,

I thought Venice of the east, was stretching it a bit.

"Bangkok" and "Glorious" are not words usually used together unless you are talking about the higher end massage establishments on Ratchada.

How about...

Bangkok, congested and filthy, as if created by people with no concept of city planning.

• Like 1

Is there a backup motto if this one does not catch on?

If this one was the winner, number two might have a problem getting off the ground.

Edited by Dap