Bangkok's New City Motto Unveiled

webfact

It was chosen as the winner in a motto contest.

There's no name given as the winner but congratulations should go that child anyway.

If it was indeed a child, I would agree.

• Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no name given as the winner but congratulations should go that child anyway.

And an award to the Mayor, for not being able to count 40 syllables..... coffee1.gif

-mel.

And an award to the Mayor, for not being able to count 40 syllables..... coffee1.gif

-mel.

I am no Thai writing expert, but the signs are either going to be impossible to read in a passing car, or be dangerous for pedestrians.

"Bangkok, glorious as if created by angels, the administration centre, beautiful temples, glittering palaces, the capital of Thailand"

This new motto selection should prove that there aren't any clueless idiots in Bangkok's governement.

The best tourism market slogan I ever saw was that from the Australian Northern Territory:

"You'll Never Never Know If You Never Never Go"

As a tourist marketing tool the BKK motto? should maybe be in a form that translates to the target markets?

On par with some Thai language tourist information ?

Wonder why these are in English?:...lol

http://businesstips.ph/list-of-tourism-slogans-of-countries-around-the-world/

- In a few minutes I garnered the following. I concluded that we need a new definition.

Motto:

Short phrase that usually expresses a moral aim

Short sentence or phrase that expresses a rule for sensible behaviour

Brief statement used to express a principle, goal, or ideal.

Usually pithy and familiar statement expressing an observation or principle generally accepted as wise or true

Word or phrase used regularly to characterize something or some group

Phrase meant to formally summarize the general motivation or intention of a social group or organization.

Sentence, phrase, poem, or word prefixed to an essay, chapter, and novel

Short, suggestive expression

Slogan, catchword, shibboleth (noun)

Favourite saying of a sect or political group

Brief statement of cherished truth -

Do you mean "Short phrase that usually expresses a moral aim Short sentence or phrase that expresses a rule for sensible behaviour Brief statement used to express a principle, goal, or ideal. Usually pithy and familiar statement expressing an observation or principle generally accepted as wise or true Word or phrase used regularly to characterize something or some group Phrase meant to formally summarize the general motivation or intention of a social group or organization. Sentence, phrase, poem, or word prefixed to an essay, chapter, and novel Short, suggestive expression Slogan, catchword, shibboleth (noun) Favourite saying of a sect or political group Brief statement of cherished truth"

My vote's in!

"The Thai slogan - no official English translation was made available."

"The Motto will be used to promote tourism."

So I guess it will not be used to promote tourism amongst the english speaking populous of the world.......

Wonder how it reads in Russian?