How Thin Is Your Skin?

tinfoilhat

are you easily bruised or does water roll off your back?

do you hold a grudge or do you manage to take posters on a post by post basis?

Are you here for approbation and acceptance, of do you just enjoy getting your two satang in and seeing how other people react to you opinions?

Is it important for you to be one of the boys, the centre of attention or are you content on the periphery?

do you take things online seriously, are you here for some light entertainment but willing to give an opinion or help when you can, or are you here to hear your own voice and massage your ego?

does you posting style reflect the way you are in meatspace or do you employ a different persona when online?

I believe my sense of humour online as tinfoilhat is just a very condensed version of the dry wit that i employ day to day. And that no matter how hard people try to cover their base nature, some of their true personality always outs in the way they comport themselves on the forum albeit in a fragmented and incomplete manner.

I have always been a bit of a windup merchant, and i have always been very forthright when i see or hear something that i consider nonsensical or ridiculous or just strikes me as wrong, i need to take a little poke at it, perhaps expose the person behind the words.

but in the end of the day, it is just the innertube and once the laptop is closed, it ceases to exist.

how do you see it? how seriously do you take yourself?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai forum is good fun. Its good for a wind up and lots of people bite. its like a really good days fishing.

What am I like in real life ?

I never forget. Guys who were bullies in school 24 years ago are still ass holes and I don't easily forgive.

I am easy going and like the craic. However as I posted before good friends are hard to find. theres lots of farrang around just none I would consider friends. I think about people alot when I make decisions. People tell me I,m too soft. always trying to fix people who can't be fixed.

I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around. I had a really active social life in my home country and it has been a shock to the system living here. Although, after 10 years I am a lot more mellow and people see it in me. Thailand does frustrate me however, but all in all...................... I,m a good guy.

hope you agree.

• Like 2

I would prefer the forum is used for worthwhile, constructive and informative articles and responses

It is very annoying reading through trolls and stupid moron's replies.

I feel it is childish to try and wind people up especial;ly when you don't know them.

However I have to accept there are those who use this forum as light entertainment who seem to have a very low IQ and have no intention of trying to help another forum member but just take the p**s.

• Like 2

I would prefer the forum is used for worthwhile, constructive and informative articles and responses

I feel it is childish to try and wind people up especial;ly when you don't know them.

However I have to accept there are those who use this forum as light entertainment who seem to have a very low IQ and have no intention of trying to help another forum member but just take the p**s.

well, you are certainly not mincing words.

trolls, stupid morons and low iq all being characteristics of people who use the forum as entertainment as well as information.

Dare i suggest it may be wikipedia you are after?

Edited by tinfoilhat

I think its great that members of Mensa such as your goodself find time to discuss these sorts of things with us plebs on TV and give us your wisdom oh great one...

• Like 2

I have a skin on me like a Rhino and love winding people up

Yea that is what you get for not using anti aging creme.

ah but the other advantage is you should see the size of my horn...tongue.png

Whoa, easy there Soutpeel.....don't want to see you ending up in a Yaowarat pharmacists drawers. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I have a skin on me like a Rhino and love winding people up

Yea that is what you get for not using anti aging creme.

ah but the other advantage is you should see the size of my horn...tongue.png

Whoa, easy there Soutpeel.....don't want to see you ending up in a Yaowarat pharmacists drawers. rolleyes.gif

i suppose it depends on what she looks like

• Like 2

I've got a pretty thick skin and there isn't too much that gets under my it, but like everybody else there are some things that cause some irritation. My personality online is no too different from the flesh me, except that being online gives more time to consider what response a given situation requires.

Sent from my GT-I9003

Presumably then you are a member of Mensa? For me forums are just something to read, informative is good but so it humor, as long as it is interesting I don't care. CM forum for example mainly talks about where to find the cheapest food, cheapest accommodation, cheapest cars, cheapest bars, cheapest transport and cheapest items. All good stuff I suppose but also somewhat bland. Little bit of spice in some topics add flavor. If the morons wind you up, try a few polysylabic words to confuse them or even some Dale Carnegie to really confound them. At the end of the day it is all a game and nothing to get serious about.

• Like 1

Presumably then you are a member of Mensa? For me forums are just something to read, informative is good but so it humor, as long as it is interesting I don't care. CM forum for example mainly talks about where to find the cheapest food, cheapest accommodation, cheapest cars, cheapest bars, cheapest transport and cheapest items. All good stuff I suppose but also somewhat bland. Little bit of spice in some topics add flavor. If the morons wind you up, try a few polysylabic words to confuse them or even some Dale Carnegie to really confound them. At the end of the day it is all a game and nothing to get serious about.

Maybe "Pormax" is a good example of someone who is thin skinned

Can I suggest reading a newspaper? Some of them might give you some "informative articles" to read. smile.png

I thought reading moronic replies was the whole point of reading these posts. I apologize.

• Like 1

Skin? Not sure..... but maybe compare myself to a constipated owl.... much of the the time I don't give a s**t hoot but occasionally I get my feathers ruffled by some of the more extreme stupidity in Tv. Anyone who really gets upset by some of the posters here probably also thinks that Thai soap operas are real life.... not that I would compare any of you, my dear Tv people, with TV people.

Peace, love and understanding (but all only in strict moderation.....no no no...I used a small m. Put your whips away Mods...)wai2.gif

Are you here for approbation and acceptance, of do you just enjoy getting your two satang in and seeing how other people react to you opinions?

I've seen a few "false honor" or ingratiating posts. Some people do crave acceptance. Thailand attracts misfits. Misfits can't get the gals, so they come to the LOS.

do you take things online seriously, are you here for some light entertainment but willing to give an opinion or help when you can, or are you here to hear your own voice and massage your ego?

I came across a guy called Ron yesterday. He's happy to help.

does you posting style reflect the way you are in meatspace or do you employ a different persona when online?

I wear a toga or loin cloth when posting.

And that no matter how hard people try to cover their base nature, some of their true personality always outs in the way they comport themselves on the forum albeit in a fragmented and incomplete manner.

True.

I ... have always been very forthright when i see or hear something that i consider nonsensical or ridiculous or just strikes me as wrong, i need to take a little poke at it, perhaps expose the person behind the words.

You think that's gonna change anything? I did notice your RIP comments, though, in that other thread. I'm kind of with you on that.