Parking A Car Near / At Swampy

UKJASE

We fly to uk on monday, and need somewhere to park the car for a few weeks whilst we are gone

how much is parking at the airport, and are there any cheap alternatives,

or even places to park for free where the car will be safe nearby, and we can hail a taxi to the airport?

On a more serious note. Longterm parking at Svampy is 250 baht/day in a noncovered area, so your car will be subjected to all weather extremes. If you are gone for a couple of weeks, (3500 parking+petrol) it makes more sense to get a taxi from HH @1800 baht and get the same driver pick you up when returning. Moneywise it makes sense and a lot less hustle!

i am thinking of going back to our old condo and paying the security guard 500B if he will let us park there for a few weeks..... but i am not sure how he will react to our request, though we did give him a good tip when we left the building last year

my mate lives in a half empty building with loads of space, but he is away at the moment

parking a car can be a tricky game sometimes (unless you dont mind paying top dollar for it.... i know around the UK airports its about 300B a day or more now probably)

PS dont mention this thread to BC soi41 ;)

Anyone else parked near to Swampy without having to pay big bucks for the privelege?? our car is a trusty old girl, but the cost of leaving her at swampy for 6 weeks in the official parking area would probably exceed the value of the car... :)

• 4 weeks later...

On a more serious note. Longterm parking at Svampy is 250 baht/day in a noncovered area, so your car will be subjected to all weather extremes. If you are gone for a couple of weeks, (3500 parking+petrol) it makes more sense to get a taxi from HH @1800 baht and get the same driver pick you up when returning. Moneywise it makes sense and a lot less hustle!

Longterm parking (covered) near the terminal is THB 250 day.

Longterm parking (un-covered) on approx. 5 km from the terminal (shuttle-bus available) is THB 140 per day.

• Like 1

Longterm parking (un-covered) on approx. 5 km from the terminal (shuttle-bus available) is THB 140 per day.

Yes...you beat me to it.

Yes...you beat me to it.

Na, I did. Almost one month ago!cheesy.gif

Edited by noob7

• 1 month later...

What's HH @1800 baht? I want to leave my car at BKK for three weeks.. I have only parked at the old airport before... if you just drive to the new BKK, then are the LONG term at 140 baht p/d parking signs obvious from the road? Thanks

Are there any nearby hotels that allow you to park for free if you were to stay a night before you leave and a night on your return? I did this in the UK when visiting Thailand.

Not for free. I've looked and you'll get around 100 baht per day but that is preferable than airport parking as I guess it is more secure.

• 3 months later...

I checked out the Longterm parking and its uncovered with a few cars only and very open. Easy to steal a car and drive over the curbs. So mines in the normal Short Stay Carpark 1-4. Anyone know how long you can leave a car there?

I checked out the Longterm parking and its uncovered with a few cars only and very open. Easy to steal a car and drive over the curbs. So mines in the normal Short Stay Carpark 1-4. Anyone know how long you can leave a car there?

As long as you want... as long as you have the cash to pay when you leave. I planned on leaving mine their for a 12-day UK trip that suddenly turned into a 6 week tour of Patagonia! I sent my spare keys and the parking card to my buddy in Thailand so he could get it out for me before it broke the bank!

Does anybody know if there is a standard lost ticket fee for long term parking?if so would it be worth losing your ticket on a long stay?

Doubt it as they record the registration number on entry so they will know how long its been there. And then you have the hassle to prove that the car is in fact yours.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anybody here used the long term parking, I am intending on leaving my car at the airport for 5 days, but want to know if the parking is ok. 250 baht a day isn't a bad price. I think I paid around 60 quid for three days at Exeter airport a couple of weeks back.

Has anybody here used the long term parking, I am intending on leaving my car at the airport for 5 days, but want to know if the parking is ok. 250 baht a day isn't a bad price. I think I paid around 60 quid for three days at Exeter airport a couple of weeks back.

250/day is for the short term parking close to the terminal, I wouldn't use the long term just to save a few baht.

250/day is for the short term parking close to the terminal, I wouldn't use the long term just to save a few baht.

Yeah, that's where I parked it for 250 a day, seemed a fair price, and close to the terminal

Are there any nearby hotels that allow you to park for free if you were to stay a night before you leave and a night on your return? I did this in the UK when visiting Thailand.

Not for free. I've looked and you'll get around 100 baht per day but that is preferable than airport parking as I guess it is more secure.

Just picking up on parking at hotels near Swampy - does anyone have any recent experience. I am off to the UK for 30 days.

I have previously stayed, and parked for 100 Baht per day, at the Thong Ta but since they built a new blockof rooms they do not allow long-term parking.

Anyone have knowledge of other hotels offering this service.

There is parking at Makhasan, the train terminal in Bangkok; I don't know what fees/restrictions apply there, maybe worth checking out. But anything over a few days I reckon you are best getting a taxi, there and back; I mean 30 days @ 250 a day, will cost you 7,500 THB - ouch! OK I guess it is a bargain when you can pay £50-£60 to park for 24 hours in Heathrow T1.

There is parking at Makhasan, the train terminal in Bangkok; I don't know what fees/restrictions apply there, maybe worth checking out. But anything over a few days I reckon you are best getting a taxi, there and back; I mean 30 days @ 250 a day, will cost you 7,500 THB - ouch! OK I guess it is a bargain when you can pay £50-£60 to park for 24 hours in Heathrow T1.

Thong Ta was great at 100 baht a day. Stay overnight at the start and finish of my trip and only 3,000 Baht for the month.

The important thing for me is that, with the missus and 3 suitcases, we can relax the night before/after and get to/from Bangkok in our own vehicle - rather than getting public transport/taxis to/from Buriram.

Not sure why you think hotel parking is more secure than a

urport parking? I've never heard of any issues either way.

I never mentioned security - not sure where you dreamt that?

Long term parking at a hotel is simply more convenient for me - and more cost effective.

• 1 month later...

are there any updates on long term parking? I plan to leave from BKK in October for about 10 days.

which parking lot is best in the diagram?

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/detail_map_to_from_parking_en.php

I saw several posts about parking at hotels. is that better (more secure?) or is parking at BKK fine?

thanks