Direct Debit Type Payments

Just moved back into town again and have rented accomodation starting next week. I work overseas and have no set timetable for being here or elsewhere. My last place was OK as a lady took care of bill paying for me, but she isn't around in this area and I don't know anyone who could do so for me.

I wil be hooking up to TOT for internet and Truevisions.

Can anyone tell me if either of them accept a Direct Debit system of payment? Same with the electricity and water companies? I would hate to arrive back late at night to things being cut off

Thanks in advance

We have electric on it still but had ToT IpStar, and truevisions, on it in the past at the same time. Apply at each dealer just bring your bank account information - ours were all started or stopped within days without problems. Outside of the electric you may want to be sure the amounts are rather fixed type accounts and not an open ended thing like a phone contract that starts charging by the minute at some point - they can make mistakes in the 1000's but the flat fee type accounts work great because you know how much to have on deposit and can top up before you travel.

We use a savings account without ATM card assigned and the account has no other function then bill pay. I top up the electric every three months or so at present and it does not change much month to month.

My electric, water, and TOT phone & internet bills are paid automatically each month by direct debit from my savings account at Bangkok Bank.

Can take a bit of hoop jumping to set it all up, with visits to the payee and bank, but very efficient once organized.