Any Meditators Out There?

Cool. wai2.gif

We are private monks (unaffiliated with any organization) who like to share our experience and support people at novice to advanced levels. Generally we find temples very stiff and formal, not really the kind of atmosphere we prefer. After all, the Buddha taught ultimate formlessness and emptiness; all the formalities were added later on.

• Like 1

The response here is encouraging, and we look forward to meeting the meditators on Koh Samui. We are flying in on November 3, and will be looking for a place the first week or so. It would be great if any of you meditators know of a quiet place available, suitable for meditation.

By the way, we're not strict rule-following monks. Been there, done that, relieved that chapter is over. I mean, who these days can follow 227 precepts? or even 10? Yet the original Buddhist techniques of recognizing that clinging causes suffering, and that the world is empty of real existence are very effective. It's a fact in our experience that everything in the world is impermanent, so there's nothing to cling to anyway even if we try. Don't take my word for it, do a little Vipassana and feel the difference.

I grew up in Christianity, but soon became frustrated with its limitations. The source materials seemed sketchy and incomplete, and no one could explain them without a lot of fudging and speculation. After a survey of all the spiritual paths available to me at the time, I chose the Vedic culture of Kṛṣṇa consciousness. It was a very good path, and I remained committed to it as my primary practice for many years, traveling all over the world as a monk.

But the organization was riddled with integrity and leadership problems. I thought I could do better, so after I attained personal realization I became a guru. However we found that the traditional hierarchical religious structure itself was the cause of the problems. So last year I resigned from being guru and went in search of solutions.

My partner and I found some world-class material on integrity and leadership, and began to study it. This helped us understand why our previous project failed, and how leadership that relies on authority and hierarchical structure will *always* fail. No rule-based hierarchy can accommodate the accelerating pace of social change. That's why there are periodic revolutions in every sphere.

The source of that material was Heidegger's ontology, so we went into a deep study of it. It soon became apparent that Heidegger's phenomenological innovations were based on Buddhism. So we researched Buddhism and found the best of its recent teachers. Now we are immersing ourselves in Buddha's lucid explanations of dharma and enlightenment, and finding daily inspiration and solid spiritual progress in them.

These days there is no need for hierarchical religious organizations with tons of rules. Having to work so hard to follow lots of rules eclipses the main teaching and erodes its value and usefulness. Everyone now has access to powerful social networking tools. A flat peer network (such as this forum) is a useful solution for almost any purpose. So our vision is to create a worldwide network of Dharma Friends to encourage study and practice of the original materials.

The response here is encouraging, and we look forward to meeting the meditators on Koh Samui. We are flying in on November 3, and will be looking for a place the first week or so. It would be great if any of you meditators know of a quiet place available, suitable for meditation.

By the way, we're not strict rule-following monks. Been there, done that, relieved that chapter is over. I mean, who these days can follow 227 precepts? or even 10? Yet the original Buddhist techniques of recognizing that clinging causes suffering, and that the world is empty of real existence are very effective. It's a fact in our experience that everything in the world is impermanent, so there's nothing to cling to anyway even if we try. Don't take my word for it, do a little Vipassana and feel the difference.

I grew up in Christianity, but soon became frustrated with its limitations. The source materials seemed sketchy and incomplete, and no one could explain them without a lot of fudging and speculation. After a survey of all the spiritual paths available to me at the time, I chose the Vedic culture of Kṛṣṇa consciousness. It was a very good path, and I remained committed to it as my primary practice for many years, traveling all over the world as a monk.

But the organization was riddled with integrity and leadership problems. I thought I could do better, so after I attained personal realization I became a guru. However we found that the traditional hierarchical religious structure itself was the cause of the problems. So last year I resigned from being guru and went in search of solutions.

My partner and I found some world-class material on integrity and leadership, and began to study it. This helped us understand why our previous project failed, and how leadership that relies on authority and hierarchical structure will *always* fail. No rule-based hierarchy can accommodate the accelerating pace of social change. That's why there are periodic revolutions in every sphere.

The source of that material was Heidegger's ontology, so we went into a deep study of it. It soon became apparent that Heidegger's phenomenological innovations were based on Buddhism. So we researched Buddhism and found the best of its recent teachers. Now we are immersing ourselves in Buddha's lucid explanations of dharma and enlightenment, and finding daily inspiration and solid spiritual progress in them.

These days there is no need for hierarchical religious organizations with tons of rules. Having to work so hard to follow lots of rules eclipses the main teaching and erodes its value and usefulness. Everyone now has access to powerful social networking tools. A flat peer network (such as this forum) is a useful solution for almost any purpose. So our vision is to create a worldwide network of Dharma Friends to encourage study and practice of the original materials.

Are you using this forum to preach the gospel. Why don't you become a sponsor.

To the OP:

Thaivisa have strict rules in place. Appreciate your attempt at finding people of same interest, but we also have our members interest as a priority.

So please bear in mind this rule:

25) Members are forbidden to solicit for or accept donations, gifts etc. for providing such advice to visitors and members. Likewise, it is not permitted to steer or solicit members and visitors to go to locations or businesses where it is necessary to pay for services or assistance. The exception is ThaiVisa.com sponsors, who may reasonably promote themselves.

All of our planned classes and meetings are free. We do not need nor accept donations. I am not preaching, but just sharing a little personal background that might be of interest to prospective dharma friends. I don't see how our posts so far even come close to violating the quoted guidelines. More likely, someone who doesn't like our approach complained.

All of our planned classes and meetings are free. We do not need nor accept donations. I am not preaching, but just sharing a little personal background that might be of interest to prospective dharma friends. I don't see how our posts so far even come close to violating the quoted guidelines. More likely, someone who doesn't like our approach complained.

I said please keep the rule that I mentioned in mind,nothing less, nothing more.

Thank you.

Do you have any references or is Samui your first destination?

We are new to Thailand. Although we are presenting in the context in Buddhism, our realization is eclectic and unprecedented. Dharma has never been presented before in this particular form. For example, we draw freely from Vedas, Heidegger's ontology and many scientific fields. All I can say is that it works for us. But as the Buddha said (I am paraphrasing here):

"When someone claims to present the Dharma, listen carefully, observe their behavior but neither accept nor reject them immediately. Consult the records of the teaching spoken by the Tathagata, and then decide whether their words are an accurate reflection."

Our realization and point of view are unique as far as I know. Nevertheless what we want to do is exactly as stated in my earlier post: create a flat, unstructured network of dharma friends for mutual support. The best thing would be to PM us and discuss your criteria, or just meet us when we arrive, and see if our association is helpful. See for yourself and make up your own mind.

We just want some friends who like the same kind of activities.

We won't force anyone to meditate and we'll stay far away from the bars.

This isn't a preaching campain but rather our retreat for the winter.

One or two people who get where we're coming from and who like to discuss and practice is about the limit of our association with other people while we're there.

We come in peace. :)

One or two people who get where we're coming from and who like to discuss and practice is about the limit of our association with other people while we're there.

We come in peace. smile.png

Sounds a great religion or beleif, tropical island winter retreats to jet around to. So wheres the summer retreat.

We have requested the moderators to close this topic. We do not like the kind of attention and energy we are getting. Obviously there are some people who are against us without even knowing anything about us. We would rather spend a peaceful winter in another location. In the event the moderators do not delete this topic thread, we will not respond to further posts. Thank you and goodbye.

I did close the topic, but then why? I mean people post on here, they are aware what a general forum is all about & got to have shoulders wide enough to take criticism or different opinions when it comes to topics as such.

Closing or deleting a topic is not up to the individual, but a Thaivisa decision.

Thanks.

• Like 2

I did close the topic, but then why? I mean people post on here, they are aware what a general forum is all about & got to have shoulders wide enough to take criticism or different opinions when it comes to topics as such.

Closing or deleting a topic is not up to the individual, but a Thaivisa decision.

Thanks.

Well said Roo. They seem to be getting too much heat maybe it's time for them to get out of the kitchen.

Cool. wai2.gif

We are private monks (unaffiliated with any organization) who like to share our experience and support people at novice to advanced levels. Generally we find temples very stiff and formal, not really the kind of atmosphere we prefer. After all, the Buddha taught ultimate formlessness and emptiness; all the formalities were added later on.

t

Yes I find that FOREST MONESTARIES are the best place to get away from the congested nosey polluted thai's and meditate for a while and relax with nature. Like in Ubon MUCH RESPECT to true monks!

I would love to know what you consider the "limitations" of Christianity are, that you find so "frustrating"

• Like 1

Thanks.

I posted a question 6 second after you had closed it, now cant remember. Wasn't that important then I guess......

We come in peace. smile.png

We all need friends sure, but staying away from bars won't get you many here laugh.png

It appears that on the basis of a few posts on here our guru's have decided the energy is altogether not suited to their brand of meditation.

I'm of course sorry to hear that their spirits are low....obviously Samui being full of wizened old codgers with more than sand between their ears may have something more to do with it.

Sadly however We will not have the opportynity to laugh at them/him/it in person so here you are fokks....:lol::lol::lol:

Feel free to join in if you wish. :D