Childs Lost American Passport. How To Get Stamps To Exit?

We lost my sons American passport. I assume I need to go to the local police station and file a report. Then go to the embassy and request a new passport. But after that how can I get his stamps back in the passport or will it not be needed for him to leave? How can he leave Thailand if he does not have the correct stamps? do i just needto show the police report?

He is also Thai but dose not have a Thai passport.

Thank you.

Yes first step (after checking everywhere once again) is a police report. Once the new passport is obtained you visit immigration to get new stamps placed in passport for exit. They will have record of entry and how long was allowed. No cost for this stamp service.

Certainly file a police report and head to the American embassy in Bangkok. I was there recently and everything was smooth. Just make sure you're there during their "open" times, and it may be best to make an appointment as there is a line outside for people without appointments.

Good luck and no worries. Those stamps shouldn't be a problem.

"He is also Thai but dose not have a Thai passport."

Why not? Easy enough to get.

Just make sure you're there during their "open" times, and it may be best to make an appointment as there is a line outside for people without appointments.

I think appointments are now required for everything but emergencies.

Terry

I have made it a practice after reading the many entries concerning immigration and passports to make at least two to four copies of my passport to show immigration if my passport is lost.

Due to new personnel at my provincial immigration office, I did my ninety day report and was told to get a copy of my passport. I had it on hand and used it. He was new and did not know the proper procedure for that province. Normally they just want the first page of the passport.

It pays to be prepared.