Former Belgian Beer Bar Owner Arrested At His Former Bar In Central Pattaya

Rimmer

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His quote was "XXXX you !!" and a lot more expletives which media can't quote.

What part of the story are you missing ?

He was drunk, refused to pay a bill, would not listen to reason when police arrived, started to fight police then kicked and screamed when arrested.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

Anyone who played Police Quest knows you handcuff criminals behind the back or lose the game. wink.png

That's fine if you can get submission but you have to grab what you can when you can in these circumstances.

As I said, in other parts of the world he might have been tasered or gassed then cuffed from behind.

... and then quickly deported.

I was there and can be seen in the background of pics. The reality was that he was kicking, trying to bite, cursing and generally making it very difficult to restrain even with all those involved in subduing him. That was inside the station. What it took to get him there can only be imagined. It is not apparent from the pics but he is a very large, powerfully built guy and anywhere else in the world he might have been tasered or gassed. The motorcycle guys did not try to kick him but tried to restrain him. That's all. No bullying or undue force. Just what was necessary to bundle him into cells. When there he made more trouble with Thai prisoners and got a few smacks by them before being isolated where he ranted and raved some more.

Even with your eye witness statement of facts of what actually happened, people can't resist the urge to have a pop at the Thai police and motorcycle taxi drivers! Quite incredulous. Anyone showing sympathy for a guy who behaves like this should join him in jail!

• Like 2

Got a proper belly for a 31 year old aint he? laugh.png

One word - Godiva. sad.png

I thought Godiva was known for her hair?

Fat-iva for this git???

Hope he has a terrible hangover in the morning...

amongst other things.

Edited by sunshine51

....I wonder if there is more to the story as to how the bar 'changed hands'.....

that's the point!

there's a german that own bar in soi skaew beach pattaya since '90, to all the german language tourists he met he used to say "my bar would have more customer (then incomes to share) if there was someone willing to put money to enhance it": actually he never replaced even a bulb, enjoying himself the cash he got from those unfortunate tourists:

he plays this game since (at least) 15 years, as long as i can remember the number of associates deceived was up to 35 (i stopped keeping score on jan 2009), ALL of them hardly realized the truth only at next trip to thailand, seeing the bar was the same old (dirt)... most of the cheated men returned to europe hangdog, few brave attempted the legal way, usellessly, those insisted to got back their money been punched or got sudden inexplicable troubles with local police...

Edited by janderton
  • Like 1

I'm sure those mocyc taxi's had the day of their life, beating up a foreigner with the approval of BIB.

Total rubbish. The truth is, there's a sizeable force of moco taxi drivers in Pattaya who are official / documented police volunteers. One guy (about 35 yrs old) helps me enormously with all sorts of errands / finds tradesmen and more when I go to Pattaya to tend some personal matters. He's a highly intelligent and logical guy, no education at all but taught himself to speak quite good English, highly reliable, I've often trusted him with large sums of cash, never ever had a problem, very balanced, doesn't drink, devoted to his wife and kids and wants to do something positive for his community.

He's about as interested in beating up a farang as driving to the moon.

Must admit, the moto taxis at the top of LK Metro have always been fine with me and my mates. Remember when the floods were in Pattaya last year, they got they're mate out wih his pickup to get me from Pratumnak down to LK Metro. One of them who knew were my apartment was came in the truck to pick me up. Always took the journey slowly as well, no trying to break land speed records either, it's like anything, some very good, some ok and a few give the rest a bad name.

QUOTE:"The former owner of a Beer Bar in Central Pattaya was arrested at his former Bar on Sunday evening, accused of failing to pay his Bar Bill."

For sure there's more to this story than meets the eye. Drinking and getting trashed at his former bar. I would like to hear his story of what caused him to get into this state there and also the story of the current owners for that matter.

• Like 1

is it really necessary to show that picture ? that guy is an embarrassment ok but I dont think showing his picture like that is very clever.

yes im glad it was shown ....this is the same guy who slapped a 70 plus year old farang recently in soi buakow ...the poor startled guy assured everyone he didnt know him from a bar of soap ..the last seen of this fat scoundrel was him running from 2 or 3 taxi drivers ...i was hoping that they had caught him ... no sympathy should be directed towards him .comments have been made about would he do this in his own country .....just imagine for one second if in our own countries a foreigner behaved like this .......i certainly wouldnt like it
  • Like 1

Got a proper belly for a 31 year old aint he? laugh.png

One word - Godiva. sad.png

I thought Godiva was known for her hair?

Fat-iva for this git???

Hope he has a terrible hangover in the morning...

amongst other things.

Looks like his key to avoiding hangovers is to stay drunk. :rolleyes:

I wonder if an ex-lover ripped the bar & it's liscence off him? He seemed a bit disgruntled. Probably he got ripped off pricewise by local Thai's. Thai Police usually have part of the bar ownership ... or at least the skimming operations. Police can not live on their posted salaries.

Edited by cdnski12
  • Like 1

Well, I had it confirmed last night. I do know this guy.

This little incident was only a matter of time, he has been the cause of fights in almost every bar he has frequented in my home town, here you can get away with it, mostly.

I hope he has learned a valuable lesson, but I doubt it.

It's his wife and kids I feel sorry for, one child was only born earlier this year, for him I have no sympathy at all.

• Like 1

is it really necessary to show that picture ? that guy is an embarrassment ok but I dont think showing his picture like that is very clever.

Why? It will probably make people think twice before venturing on same kind of behaviour. Good education :)

You see how comfortable the motorcycle Taxi's are at jumping in as if they were the police,

I guess It's not surprising that they jump right in...the police pretty much give them immunity anyway.

Even when I had my car accident they went to the loudest mouth Taxi driver to ask what happened.

It took the police two weeks to speak to me and ask what happen, but by then I already knew they

were going to blame me, because the other driver didn't have insurance and the truck belong to a local

Thai business man not the driver.

• Like 1

His quote was "XXXX you !!" and a lot more expletives which media can't quote.

What part of the story are you missing ?

He was drunk, refused to pay a bill, would not listen to reason when police arrived, started to fight police then kicked and screamed when arrested.

In French,Flemish or English?