'temporary Border Pass' To Laos Question

I understand a Thai national can enter Loas and get a temp border pass. They can then extent this and get 15 days and move all around the country of Loas.

Can this Thai national then exit Loas via airplane or walk into a differnt country for example Camboida with their Thai passport (assuming they have the correct visas)? Or are they forced to enter back into Thailand they way they came in?

Can they just turn in the "temp boarder pass" at the airport or at the Cambodian boarder?

I understand the Thai national can just use the Thai passport to get into Loas but this is not my questions so please do not suggest this.

Thank you very much.

Hmmm, seems to me that a Thai using the "border pass" option to visit Laos must exit at the same place they entered the country.

And, I've not heard of the "15 day extension with free travel around" option. Thought the normal 3 days/2 nights could only be extended for a short period, and for use in the nearby areas.

That's one reason my Thai wife now uses her Thai passport when we go to Laos, and since she's visa free, she clears Lao Immigration faster than I do.

Mac

Tygrr - been following your posts there mate - so your qustion makes sense in the context that you can't get your son out of Thailand as you can't renew his Thai passport given that his mum is long gone. So now you are going to try using a border pass to get him out of Thailand.

Anyway, your plan doesn't work. The border pass only works for three days in the neighbouring province. Entry and exit has to be back via the same border post from what I've seen.

It can be extended, but 99.99% sure it isn't for another 15 days.

Anyway, a few people have suggested you front a judge and get sole custody. That is the only way out of your situation. Or you can wait till your son turns 20, the age of majority in Thailand.

Edited by samran

Could I just ask, regarding the border pass. Can children accommodate Thai's? We have a small baby and have not yet got any documentation other than the birth certificate and registration. I was told that I needed a passport for our child but that doesn't seem right. We will only be in Laos for a few days.