Vasectomy

Naise

Hi all,

I have just Turned 40. Have no kids and want to keep it that way.

Anyone have any idea how much a vasectomy costs in Chiang Mai and any suggestions as to the best hospital.

I normally go to Radjadev near the holiday Inn for most general stuff and found them reasonable in all areas.

Thanks

Any doctor worth his salt will send you packing.

Issues such as a stable relationship and of course children are what they will be looking for.

40 is too young mate...and reversal of vasectomy is a difficult procedure. You should reconsider imho.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply but did not ask for a lecture.

If anyone feels they need to tell me they know me better then I do please do not reply.

The question being asked is does anyone have any information on the procedure. Not can you assess my mental state for me.

Edited by Naise
  • Like 1

If anyone feels they need to tell me they know me better then I do please do not reply.

The question being asked is does anyone have any information on the procedure. Not can you assess my mental state for me.

Give Dr. Bunnakit (urologist) a call on his mobile - 0818824085

You can see him at his office, Sripat or Ram.

I'm sure he can give you all the advice you need.

• Thanks 1

No offence was intended and I'm not questioning your mental state.

Its simply that I've seen many blokes find a new relationship then end up having the reversal of vasectomy operation.

Its a serious step to take and one which you would do well to consider both in terms of what you want and any future partner might wish for also. That was why I mentioned a stable relationship.

Apologies for any offence caused. ;)

Issues such as a stable relationship and of course children are what they will be looking for.

40 is too young mate...and reversal of vasectomy is a difficult procedure. You should reconsider imho.

No they won't. I had mine at 39. No kids and never wanted any. Looking back, it was the best decision I ever made in my entire life, by far.

• Like 2

No they won't. I had mine at 39. No kids and never wanted any. Looking back, it was the best decision I ever made in my entire life, by far.

Had mine done at 28 after a set of twins. Never regretted it and never looked back.

I think you are a very brave man to go through with it.It does take some balls.

That is a common misconception, nothing is taken.

I believe it is a very selfish attitude though to opt for this type of procedure.

Why not just wear a condom and keep some little rubber manufacturers employed?

• Like 1

I had one about 4-5 years ago at Lanna hospital when I was in my mid 30s now I've just turned 40 my self and cant tell the different before and after the operation. He was an old doctor and made a mistake by cutting the blood vessel which is similar to the one he suppose to cut.

I believe it is a very selfish attitude though to opt for this type of procedure.

Why not just wear a condom and keep some little rubber manufacturers employed?

Why not just stop making ignorant and arrogant judgements about other people's life choices?

Hey, think about it. It's just another stab at humor like posts #5 & #6. (And #7 though the poster may not realize it).

Relax everyone, the OP asked a straightforward question.

I was curious about this and did a little research. 50 million have undergone it. 500,000 per year in the US alone and 90,000/annum in the UK. Majority in their late 30's or early 40's. 1 in 6 over the age of 35. Also, no effect on the sex drive or equipment operation. wink.png

Thanks Aris tide. Can i get an idea of what it cost at Lanna.

Smokie. I realised pretty quickly that this type of post would bring varying views and just wanted to shut that down. I have never wanted children. This is not a just thought about it decision. I went to a doctor at the age of 21 in my home country and was told the same thing that you said to me. Nothing has changed for me in 19 years.

It will be done it is just a matter of making sure I have the money and time to relax for a few days after.

If you and the other poster like I will take a photo of the blue balls and post it online for you all.

But back to the point. Approximate cost, How long does the pain last. A good doctor are all the things I was hoping for. ANyone with that information would be helpful

cheers.

Edited by Naise

But what about psychological problems after the fact?

What psychological problems? They are only cutting the tubes that carries sperm, not the brain that carries the desire. There is no difference that can be detected without a microscope. I had mine done two years after my son was born... 35 years ago. Best thing I could do for my wife as she could stop taking the pill. When I divorced and started dating, the fact that I couldn't get a girl pregnant was a bonus as far as my dates were concerned. I remarried years later, and neither of us had any desire for babies. Best move for me!

From the pinned recommended doctors list are shown:

UROLOGY (Urinary/Reproductive)

Dr Pruk Kithirathrakan

Rajavej Hospital, 053 801999

Dr Jamroon Wattanasakult

Rajavej Hospital, 053 801999

Dr. Bunnakit

Chiang Mai RAM Hospital

053 920300

Found this article regarding vasectomy in Chiang Mai. He indicated 6000 Baht in 2009 at Chiang Mai Ram. Probably just call the two hospitals I show above to see if they can give you a quote.

http://www.thailand-...-birth-control/

Maybe you can get it cut price....two for the price of one....... whistling.gif

Edited by Rob8891
  • Like 2

But what about psychological problems after the fact?

Not too bad unless the sawbones slips and turns you into a LadyBoy.

That's cruel!! (but he can always feed the ducks)..... Seriously, OP, don't worry. We're like a pack of rabid rats at times in Tv, but I'm sure everyone wishes you well. If you time it right, maybe there will be a fancy dress party, and you'll go down a bomb with the involuntary John Wayne walk...... oops There we go again!! cowboy.gif

• Like 1

I had one about 4-5 years ago at Lanna hospital when I was in my mid 30s now I've just turned 40 my self and cant tell the different before and after the operation. He was an old doctor and made a mistake by cutting the blood vessel which is similar to the one he suppose to cut.

You were lucky he noticed, for the OP i wouldn`t do it here...to many stories of men not being able to get it up after...best do it in europe...

Found this article regarding vasectomy in Chiang Mai. He indicated 6000 Baht in 2009 at Chiang Mai Ram. Probably just call the two hospitals I show above to see if they can give you a quote.

http://www.thailand-...-birth-control/

Well done, Tywais. It took 23 posts for the op to get an answer including a ridiculous, condescending reply the very first one. TV at its best. Stroll on!