Fair Place To Buy Unroasted Coffee Beans

happysanook

I drive to Doi Inthanon and buy green beans from a farmer out there. I buy about 10kg at a time so I don't have to go so often. The last time I went I bought 10kg for 150 baht/kg. That was higher than normal only because prices across Thailand were a little high. I read somewhere the prices were higher because Thailand is exporting too much coffee. This creates an artificial shortage of usable green coffee beans in the country so the prices went up. Maybe Derekalysto can confirm that or not. And by the way Derekalysto, I am very interested in trying your green beans.

Was at the new Hillkopf (sp.?), near the Mercedes Benz dealer, coffee shop yesterday and they had over a dozen kinds of single sourced unroasted coffee beansfor sale in small packages (250 g or 500 g?)

Your post reminded me .... what do people use as a de-scaler in coffee machine? Proprietry brand or something off the shelf ...I forgot to call into Hillkoff yesterday.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Was at the new Hillkopf (sp.?), near the Mercedes Benz dealer, coffee shop yesterday and they had over a dozen kinds of single sourced unroasted coffee beansfor sale in small packages (250 g or 500 g?)

Your post reminded me .... what do people use as a de-scaler in coffee machine? Proprietry brand or something off the shelf ...I forgot to call into Hillkoff yesterday.

White vinegar diluted in water does the trick for me

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone located a wet process coffee bean product in CM?

Most coffee is dried in the sun where it tends to ferment and produce mold.

Wet process is supposed to provide a clearer mind and less immune system harm.

Anybody have any tips?

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/good-news-on-coffee-keeps-rolling-in-less-strokes-diabetes/

Coffee machine? Paper filters in a funnel or the French plunger can like I bought in Macro.

Coffee from Tesedet [sp?] up near the 'Jungle Flight' does the wet process in the main village Pang Hai.

Also just inquired from our local supplier in Doi Saket what price was for green beans and it's 190/kilo....they sell a good roasted coffee for 350/kilo.

The price of beans varies during the year, depending on demand/supply and the coffee available now was harvested in Nov/Dec last year. This year's harvest is just starting and new prices will be set after the 1st of the year.

Coffee from Tesedet [sp?] up near the 'Jungle Flight' does the wet process in the main village Pang Hai.

Also just inquired from our local supplier in Doi Saket what price was for green beans and it's 190/kilo....they sell a good roasted coffee for 350/kilo.

The price of beans varies during the year, depending on demand/supply and the coffee available now was harvested in Nov/Dec last year. This year's harvest is just starting and new prices will be set after the 1st of the year.

Thanks JDG.

I also found this CM outlet which uses a wet process. http://www.akhaama.com/products/

still a lot of variation in wet process and drying. If the moisture level is above 12% then the fungi and molds will grow and feed off the sugars in the bean.

Interesting paper on coffee processing http://forest.mtu.edu/pcforestry/people/2005/Daniels.pdf