Thaksin To File Complaint Over Claims He Orchestrated Violence

webfact

Court should tell him that if he wants to file a complaint, the only place he can do it is in Thailand, in person. If he fails to show up, they just wipe their as* with whatever document brought by any other person.

Case closed. No more complaint filing

Why?

you either want the law to work properly or you don't. Is it ok to differentiate when dealing with Thaksin than it is with other Thai citizens? Can other Thai citizens make complaints whilst outside the country?

Now I feel this is a good thing, especially if it gets as far as court, then the accusers will need to prove their allegation, which will mean their evidence finally getting to see the light of day in a court room, this can put an end to these allegations once and for all, either one way or another, which can only be a good thing, right?

they either have proof to make these allegations or they don't have proof, now we can find out.

We are not talking about a "standard thai citizen"

We are talking about a wanted fugitive, de facto PM through a puppet, who does not recognize justice when it is against him, but would love to use it at his own benefit

we are talking about a standard thai citizen who has the same rights as other thai citizens, my question was would a standard thai citizen be able to send his lawyer to file a complaint on his/her behalf when they are out of the country? Do you know the answer to this question?

are you suggesting that just because it is Thaksin then normal laws should not apply? but then when he uses the law to his advantage people are whinging about the law not being followed. You can't have this both ways, I am sure if it is not allowed for a lawyer to make the complaint on his behalf then the police/courts would not accept the complaint and all the moaning on a forum will not change that.

now the pettiness is out of the way, wouldn't you agree that this is a good thing, finally we will get to see evidence one way or the other, the dems either have evidence or they don't.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Court should tell him that if he wants to file a complaint, the only place he can do it is in Thailand, in person. If he fails to show up, they just wipe their as* with whatever document brought by any other person.

Why?

you either want the law to work properly or you don't. Is it ok to differentiate when dealing with Thaksin than it is with other Thai citizens? Can other Thai citizens make complaints whilst outside the country?

Now I feel this is a good thing, especially if it gets as far as court, then the accusers will need to prove their allegation, which will mean their evidence finally getting to see the light of day in a court room, this can put an end to these allegations once and for all, either one way or another, which can only be a good thing, right?

they either have proof to make these allegations or they don't have proof, now we can find out.

We are talking about a wanted fugitive, de facto PM through a puppet, who does not recognize justice when it is against him, but would love to use it at his own benefit

we are talking about a standard thai citizen who has the same rights as other thai citizens, my question was would a standard thai citizen be able to send his lawyer to file a complaint on his/her behalf when they are out of the country? Do you know the answer to this question?

are you suggesting that just because it is Thaksin then normal laws should not apply? but then when he uses the law to his advantage people are whinging about the law not being followed. You can't have this both ways, I am sure if it is not allowed for a lawyer to make the complaint on his behalf then the police/courts would not accept the complaint and all the moaning on a forum will not change that.

now the pettiness is out of the way, wouldn't you agree that this is a good thing, finally we will get to see evidence one way or the other, the dems either have evidence or they don't.

A convicted fugitive criminal has the same rights as other thai citizens? Are these other thai citizens also convicted crims dodging clink?

• Like 1

A convicted fugitive criminal has the same rights as other thai citizens? Are these other thai citizens also convicted crims dodging clink?

really? is this the best you can do?

the law is open for him to use as it is with any Thai citizen, or are you another one that feels the law should be changed when dealing with him??

Would a convicted Thai citizen be allowed to send his lawyer to make a complaint on his behalf?? Do you know the answer to this question?

How dare he use the law to defend himself blah blah blah.

Another poster missing the main part of my post though about this being a good thing and the truth can come out one way or the other, don't you agree?

• Like 1

I think it is a sign of his losing control.

To stay in the minds of his red/black shirted fans he has to resort to ridicules claims. The more Yingluck starts to look like a leader the more nonsense he has to put out to get attention.

Does any one know what the results were when they were tracing the money behind the red shirts. We all know Thaksin through one way or another had paid for a large part of it but did they find the trail?

Thanks for that bit of comedy gold, to paraphrase:

"We know he's guilty of this crime. By the way has anyone found any evidence yet?"

Comical, but also a bit tragic.

Edited by 15Peter20

To stay in the minds of his red/black shirted fans he has to resort to ridicules claims. The more Yingluck starts to look like a leader the more nonsense he has to put out to get attention.

Does any one know what the results were when they were tracing the money behind the red shirts. We all know Thaksin through one way or another had paid for a large part of it but did they find the trail?

Well raised Dolly, good of you to admit the PM is starting to look like a leader and as you note, there appears to be scant evidence of the financial support so beloved by some on here....

Yes indeed every once in a while she passes up a photo op to do some government work.

As you say not much response to where the money came from tp finance the red/black shirted terrorists but with this government no one expects them to try to many red shirts in power to let that happen.

You do admit it cost money to stage the peaceful armed rally that ended up with over 90 dead?

the law is open for him to use as it is with any Thai citizen, or are you another one that feels the law should be changed when dealing with him??

Would a convicted Thai citizen be allowed to send his lawyer to make a complaint on his behalf?? Do you know the answer to this question?

Another poster missing the main part of my post though about this being a good thing and the truth can come out one way or the other, don't you agree?

"the truth can come out one way or the other, don't you agree?"

That is being silly.

As we speak it is being rewritten to make the red shirts look like the victems.

That is being silly.

If this goes to court, the defamation case, then one would imagine the dems would have to provide evidence to back up their claims, this can only be a good thing.

As for the reds being victims, well i would imagine their are quite a lot of families that would agree with this while other would disgree. It all depends on how you are defining 'victim'.

A victim of manipulation, a victim of being shot by the government, a victim of being told your vote shouldn't count, a victim that the party you vote for is overthrown in a coup and replaced with a party that goes on to be involved in a major offensive in downtown bangkok.

this thread however is about Thakisn and his claim of defamation.

So how is this being silly, I made a simple statement about it being good and truth regarding this matter will be able to come out in court, one way or the other, and you go on about the reds being victims, yet I am being silly ? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Well raised Dolly, good of you to admit the PM is starting to look like a leader and as you note, there appears to be scant evidence of the financial support so beloved by some on here....

How can someone who avoids parliament, avoids questions, avoids making decisions and denies responsibility etc: be called a leader.

Any answer to a question relating her brother ends up being a lie.

As to Thaksin not paying money to his lackies (in the North) it is laughable to think otherwise - I genuinely believe you think this to be the case, which is quite astonishingblink.pngcheesy.gifcheesy.gif . You should stop deluding yourself as you will go mad otherwise.

That is being silly.

If this goes to court, the defamation case, then one would imagine the dems would have to provide evidence to back up their claims, this can only be a good thing.

As for the reds being victims, well i would imagine their are quite a lot of families that would agree with this while other would disgree. It all depends on how you are defining 'victim'.

A victim of manipulation, a victim of being shot by the government, a victim of being told your vote shouldn't count, a victim that the party you vote for is overthrown in a coup and replaced with a party that goes on to be involved in a major offensive in downtown bangkok.

this thread however is about Thakisn and his claim of defamation.

So how is this being silly, I made a simple statement about it being good and truth regarding this matter will be able to come out in court, one way or the other, and you go on about the reds being victims, yet I am being silly ? rolleyes.gif

Surely it's not too difficult to believe that the real truth will never raise it's head. Thaksin has a history of filing frivolous defamation suits & I can't remember him winning any. By the time this works its way through the Thai justice system he'll be a lot older &, unfortunately, not the wiser.

I hope the court will insist that he gives evidence in person & not through one of his many mouthpieces.

Bahaha. What a lot of hot load ? Like, as if he is in any position to be filing complaints and law suits. There wouldn't be a court, even in Thailand, that would listen to anything coming from this massive DH considering what he has done and continues to do to this country. cheesy.gif

That is being silly.

Quite.

Getting shot in the head by an army sniper does rather make one a victim, does it not ???

• Like 1

That is being silly.

Quite.

Getting shot in the head by an army sniper does rather make one a victim, does it not ???

Just maybe, he brought it upon himself and was going to die at sometime!!!

What he did was akin to mocking a mafia hitman whilst he is pointing a gun at his head!!

He signed his own death warrant I'm afraid and shouldn't figure in the argument as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

and one can only hope the great man himself would turn up in Thailand to give evidence in court and the other small matter of a 2 year jail sentance can be resolved plus a few other warrants he has outstanding

He should file defamation suits, individually, against half the Thai population and 95% of posters on ThaiVisa. They've/we've all been bad-mouthing him.

The real question is: how can a man with such a trashed reputation have any character left which can be defamed? Is calling an aligator toothy - a defamation of the gator's character?

Dont know about toothy...........certainly thick skinned.

I hope it does make it to court and any damning evidence the Dems have comes out for all to see, then if the evidence is damning enough I hope an international warrent is put out for Interpol to act on, then when Thaksin is delivered to Thailand in cuffs the eyes of the world will be on Thailand to see if the rule of law is enforced.

Sent from my GT-I9003

Pretty much what I and others have said. However, I am skeptical of this scenario.

Thaksin's legal team will see the evidence before any trial and push to make it a trial behind closed doors, if it is truly damning.

Money will exchange hands, people will be intimidated etc...

So......Bz as usual in Thailand.

A convicted criminal complaining about damage to his reputation? Pull the other one.

Maybe he can also appear as a character witness.

Another vain attempt by the Thaksin Apologist crew to do a little wriggling on his behalf.

Why?

No, I don't agree with you. I will not.

Your hero is nothing but a crook, a wanted fugitive. He is a coward, and a liar.

Nothing you will say can make me think that he deserves the same rights as any other Thai, nothing.

• Like 1

This will be a rare one off when he will have to follow his siblings example and will be taking the lead from her and getting someone else to do his talking.

An actual role reversal

That is unless he plans to be there in person to represent himself of course. rolleyes.gif

marshbags whistling.gif

Edited by marshbags

"Prompong said the Democrats' allegations that Thaksin was behind an alleged plot to cause violence during the red shirts' protest two years ago damaged Thaksin's reputation."

What reputation,... the one that presents him as a completely nefarious, narcisistic thug hell bent on power and control at any cost!

"A spokesman for the ruling Pheu Thai Party, Prompong Nopparit............." is making repeated announcements concerning Thaksin Shinawatra who is not a member of PTP and not eligible to join because of his fugitive criminal status.

The question is why? And if this is a government paid position, who appointed him to make announcements on behalf of a man who is allegedly not connected with this government?

"No, I don't agree with you. I will not.

Your hero is nothing but a crook, a wanted fugitive. He is a coward, and a liar.

Nothing you will say can make me think that he deserves the same rights as any other Thai, nothing. "

In response to salt and pepper, quoted above.

You don't believe that all Thais deserve the same rights ??

How sad for you.

But to answer your points, apart from the fact he is not my hero,he's no more a crook than many of the other politicos from ANY of the other parties, AV and the Dems included.

He's clearly not a wanted fugitive because no efforts have ever been made to bring him back to Thailand and obviously the powers that be prefer him out of the country.

Where is your evidence that he is a coward ??

Seems quite ballsy to me to take on the status quo as he so clearly did.( and little more of that can be discussed )

As for being a liar that seems to go with the country, culture and nepotism from the top down for the last 60 years, does it not ??

• Like 1

"No, I don't agree with you. I will not.

Nothing you will say can make me think that he deserves the same rights as any other Thai, nothing. "

In response to salt and pepper, quoted above.

You don't believe that all Thais deserve the same rights ??

How sad for you.

But to answer your points, apart from the fact he is not my hero,he's no more a crook than many of the other politicos from ANY of the other parties, AV and the Dems included.

He's clearly not a wanted fugitive because no efforts have ever been made to bring him back to Thailand and obviously the powers that be prefer him out of the country.

Seems quite ballsy to me to take on the status quo as he so clearly did.( and little more of that can be discussed )

As for being a liar that seems to go with the country, culture and nepotism from the top down for the last 60 years, does it not ??

Are you not aware that criminals, and in particular fugitive criminals, are not entitled to the same rights as other citizens? That is part of their punishment.

As your abuse of the term "wanted" - he is wanted by the justice system. That the politicians refuse to satisfy the justice system has nothing to do with the fact that he is a criminal who will be incarcerated when he returns to Thailand.

• Like 1

begin removed ...

K. Thaksin stood really firmly behind his red-shirts, "I will come to fight with you, only not now because I have to go shopping with my daughters first". Nothing to do with being a coward of course.

So 'being a liar' goes with the country? Well, everything OK then. No need for progressblink.png