Passport Application Possible In Udon Thani ?

TheGoose

Is it possible to apply for a Thai passport in Udon Thani & if so where ?

When I did a google search I found posts that said you could but when I look at the passport section of the MFA website there is no mention of Udon Thani & it doesn't appear in the list of temporary passport offices.

Yes, that's possible for Thai passports. Don't know the exact address, but the location is very close to the Thung Si Muang market place where they organize a yearly Festival/Fair during 15 days in December. Just ask the locals. Those people should know because at that place they present their local products. Translated papers can also be officially legalized at that location, so no need to travel to the MFA in Bangkok. Good luck. Jac.

Wife and kids got their passports new passports just a few months back, very good system same as used in Bangkok, took less than 30 minutes.

Kids can't get the passport renewed must get a new one and wife's had been renewed too often.

It's up with all the other City Council buildings, just near a canal. Easy to find.

Thanks for the replies. Can you get passport photos done there too as I need to get two for my daughter for her UK passport application ?

Was hoping to go today but the wife has not had her name change document to my family name signed by the head of City Hall up here in Charoen Sin district as he's off sick. Would it be possible for her to get a new passport in my family name without this document ? We have all the other relevant documents including her new ID card which has been updated to show my family name (her married name).

Goose you mentioned that you are after a British passport for your daughter....have you had her registered as a British citizen yet? I ask because my son is about to do this and I wondered if you had any advice. He too wants to get a passport but needs to get the citizenship done first.

HL biggrin.png

Goose you mentioned that you are after a British passport for your daughter....have you had her registered as a British citizen yet? I ask because my son is about to do this and I wondered if you had any advice. He too wants to get a passport but needs to get the citizenship done first.

HL biggrin.png

I've not registered her with the UK embassy or applied for a consular birth certificate but then these aren't required in order to apply for a UK passport. Got a friend who deals in all this helping me & I will be sending her the following documents :- My daughter's Thai birth certificate, my UK birth certificate, our marriage certificate, 2 copies of my passport photo page (1 signed), 2 copies of the wife's passport photo page (1 signed), a completed C2 application form with 2 passport photo's (1 countersigned) & the fee. I don't think I've missed anything :-) She will arrange for any translations of Thai documents into English.

The documents have to be originals.

Edited by TheGoose

Hi Goose...thanks for that. I have rechecked the Hongkong web site and it definately states on there that to use the form C2 that the child has to be a British citizen.

See below:-

C2 Form

Only use this form if you are:

• aged 15 or younger and
  • a UK Citizen applying overseas or
  • a British Overseas Territories Citizen or
  • a British Overseas Citizen or
  • a British Protected Person.

So are you telling me that my son can just apply for a passport and ignore these instructions then?

HL biggrin.png

Hi Goose...thanks for that. I have rechecked the Hongkong web site and it definately states on there that to use the form C2 that the child has to be a British citizen.

See below:-

C2 Form

Only use this form if you are:

• aged 15 or younger and
  • a UK Citizen applying overseas or
  • a British Overseas Territories Citizen or
  • a British Overseas Citizen or
  • a British Protected Person.

So are you telling me that my son can just apply for a passport and ignore these instructions then?

HL biggrin.png

My daughter is a British citizen by birth & the documentation I have provided confirms this. If the same goes for your son then you'll be fine.

Do you mean your daughter was born in the UK when you say she is a British citizen by birth?

My grandson was born here to a Thai mother, who is officially married to my son. So although my grandson is due citizenship through birthright, nothing has been done officially yet, and I have been told that my son has to sort that out before he can apply for a passport.

HL

Consular birth registrations do not confer British nationality and are not required to register your child as a British citizen or to apply for a British passport as British nationality is passed from parent to child. Your child will need to have an automatic claim to British nationality in order to register their birth.

Source: http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/living-in-thailand/how-register-birth/