90 Days With Immigration

hi, just coming up to our first visa run, just wanted to confirm we can extend our 1 year multi non imm visa at the border? and not have to fly out the country and back. We plan to go to cambodia from Ko chang as we are on holiday. The other question is, as its the 1st 90 days, if my visa finishes on the 27th October, would I need to report that day with immigration, or is there a time limit from when you enter the country again to go and register?. The reason i ask is becuase we have family over and as mention will be in Ko Chang. I need to juggle my dates for the run and allow enough time get to immigration. or is there an esier solution to do this?

thanks in advance

Edited by Tubby

I know that we have 7 days before and after the 90 day-date to renew the 90 days thing.

If I fly to Bali on a planned holiday, on the 6th or 7th day after the actual 90 day due date (without reporting at all) will this be an overstay when I next fly back in or at the next 90-days report? I have a retirement visa as my means of staying.

P Eddy

Also for travel you will require a re-entry permit. The window for 90 day address reporting is 15 days early until 7 days after if you make the report - if you fail to make the report but were actually here more than 90 days you could face up to 5,000 baht fine (normally 2,000 baht) but that is not overstay.

I know that we have 7 days before and after the 90 day-date to renew the 90 days thing.

If I fly to Bali on a planned holiday, on the 6th or 7th day after the actual 90 day due date (without reporting at all) will this be an overstay when I next fly back in or at the next 90-days report? I have a retirement visa as my means of staying.

P Eddy

-------------------

The simplest and most effective way to handle this situation is to:

1. Do your 90 day reporting 7 days early. (as allowed)

2, At the same time purchase yourself a single exit-rentry permit. It will cost 1000 baht. (You could get a multi entry for 3800 Baht , but you only really need a single).

3. The exit-rentry will allow you to go on your Bali holiday, and when you return from holiday it will restart your 90 day reporting clock. Your next 90 day report will therefore be 90 days after you return from holiday. (The date you're stamped back into Thailand when you return from Bali)

That way both problems are neatly solved with one visit to your local immigration.

Why shoot yourself in your foot?

rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

I already have one unused re-entry permit.

I was just checking to see if I could skip the 90 day if I went away on the 96th day (because of the 7 day window) and reset the clock--but this appears not to be the case.

Eddy