6 Month Double-Entry Tourist Visa

So is it best to wait until my 90 days have elapsed ( initial 30 days then 30 more with tourist visa then additional 30 days by paying 1900 baht at Immigration office) before doing a visa run to Laos to utilize my second entry into Thailand so I can start the whole process over again?

If you have the double entry tourist visa already when you enter Thai, you will not get your "free" 30 day entry. You will get 60 days....then you have to make the border crossing or get an extension.

The second tranche of 60 days will be done at a border.

Then (hope I am not wrong here) you can go to the airport immigration pay 1000bt for extra 30 days or 1900bht for a muti re entry.

BUT all has to be within the expiry date of your orig visa (6 months or so from issue)

Just get a triple entry tourist then you dont need to mess about so much

I have the same question as watgate, i have a triple TV in my passport with a 90 day stamp on my TV 1st enrtry date stamp is Enter Before 6th Nov 2012,

i have the receipt from the thai consulate in Savanakhet and piad 3000Baht for this visa, it clearly states on my visa that it is a triple TV , but i have been told that it is only a 90 day visa, is it still a triple TV can i still get 9 monthes out of it , i'm confused about this.

Can anyone advise please on this.

Boyce

Each tourist visa entry is 60 days and is extendable by 30 days at immigration. If you look at the visa there is a part that says "number of entry" either 1, 2, 3, or M. That is how many times you can go through the same process.

so each entry with extension can be maxed out at 90 days. Then you have to leave the country. when you cross back into Thailand, your next entry (60 days + extension 30 days = 90 days) is activated and so on if you have a triple entry.

If in Chiang Mai, its easier/cheaper to go to Mae Sai rather than go to Laos(Vientiane).

Edited by CMSteve

Each tourist visa entry is 60 days and is extendable by 30 days at immigration. If you look at the visa there is a part that says "number of entry" either 1, 2, 3, or M. That is how many times you can go through the same process.

so each entry with extension can be maxed out at 90 days. Then you have to leave the country. when you cross back into Thailand, your next entry (60 days + extension 30 days = 90 days) is activated and so on if you have a triple entry.

If in Chiang Mai, its easier/cheaper to go to Mae Sai rather than go to Laos(Vientiane).

I went to imigration and the guy told me it was a 90 day visa, and at the end of the 90 day's i had to go out of thailand, to get new.

the stamp on my visa is for 90 day's, on my 1st entry.

Boyce

There is no such thing as a 90 day Tourist Visa. CMSteve has it correct. You need to understand the differences between a Visa, an extension of stay, a permission to stay over 90 days and a 15/30 day visa exempt, not to mention the differences between a non-imm (O - B - ED etc) and a TV.

. A single entry tourist visa is good for 60 days and a 30 day extension of stay can be obtained for 1,900 baht. The visa itself expires after 60 days but you are given an extension of stay by paying the aforementioned 1,900 baht at immigration. Each entry costs 1,000 baht (single entry visa - 1,000 baht. Dual entry visa 2,000 baht, Triple entry visa 3,000 baht) Each entry expires after 60 days and an extension must be applied for to gain the additional 30 days.

I have the same question as watgate, i have a triple TV in my passport with a 90 day stamp on my TV 1st enrtry date stamp is Enter Before 6th Nov 2012,

i have the receipt from the thai consulate in Savanakhet and piad 3000Baht for this visa, it clearly states on my visa that it is a triple TV , but i have been told that it is only a 90 day visa, is it still a triple TV can i still get 9 monthes out of it , i'm confused about this.

Can anyone advise please on this.

Boyce

A triple entry visa means you can enter Thailand 3 times and on each entry you get 60 days (or 30 depending on your nationality) each entry can be extended at immigration by 30 days for 1,900 baht.

But there is a catch. All your entries must be made before the date the visa exipres, so before 6 Nov. 2012. So you will not get 9 months out of it.

Some consulates issue with a valifdity of 6 months, some with a validity of 3 months. In laos the validity of a tourist visa is normally only 3 months.

Type of visa

Tourrist

Category

TR

NO OF ENTRY

FEE 3000B

DATE OF ISSUE

6 AUG 2012

ENTER BEFORE

5 NOV 2012

So i went to Kap Choeng imigretion office on the 4th oct, just before my 60 day was up, to extend my visa by 30 day's and pay the 1900B,

and the imigration officer told me it was a 90 day visa , but my new enter Departure card say's, admited untill the 6th oct , i have just noticed , so i was given the wrong information by that officer and it looks like i'm on an overstay.

The officer was wrong , so i will go back there tomorrow to sort this out, with them.

Edited by Boyce

The officer was right - you have 90 days to use that visa and it is 3 entry so makes no sense to pay for 30 day extension of stay - just depart and return for a new 60 day stay. The 90 days refers to the period a visa is valid for use - not how long you can stay. As it appears you misunderstood and did not do this you are now on overstay.

The officer was right - you have 90 days to use that visa and it is 3 entry so makes no sense to pay for 30 day extension of stay - just depart and return for a new 60 day stay. The 90 days refers to the period a visa is valid for use - not how long you can stay.

Thank you Lopburi, but what about my departure card date untill 6oct , will that mean an overstay ?

so what you are saying i have untill the 5th Nov to do a border run , the enter before date.

Thanks

boyce

You are on overstay from 7 Oct so expect about 6,000 baht fine and then cross/return for a new 60 day stay (and if you want you could do again on the 5th to get a bit more time) and then you can extend the final entry for 30 days as you tried to do earlier. They seem to have been trying to save you the expense of extension as all you had to do was cross the border and return for the new 60 day stay. You still need to visit border tomorrow and do the crossing or overstay will increase.

Is there a limit on how many times you can do these visa runs?

it is limited by the number of entries you have on your tourist visa and by the validity date of the visa. 3 entries is 3 entries and must be made before the specified date.

If you qualify for a visa exempt entry, there is no offcial limit but would only get 15 days at a time by land and 30 by air.

Each entry can be extended by 30 days, also the last entry even if the visa itself is expired. As long as you enter the country before the visa expires.

Yes, Hull issues triple entries. Always apply as late as possible, as the validity starts from teh date issued.

I continue to see this reference to the tourist visa good for 60 days. How come when you arrive at the airport they automatically give you ONLY 30 days??...at least that is what I always experience coming from the USA numerous times ??

Edited by boatguy

I continue to see this reference to the tourist visa good for 60 days. How come when you arrive at the airport they automatically give you ONLY 30 days??...at least that is what I always experience coming from the USA numerous times ??

A "real" Visa is a Visa sticker you get in a Thai Embassy or Consulate in your Passport and you have to pay for that Visa.and apply for it.

When you just show up at the border at an Airport and you have the right Passport of a country who is included in the Visa Exemption list,

you get 30 days or more, or less (some countries) and at land border crossings usually-mostly only 14/15 days, some countries more,

see LINK

Some countries have the possibility of a Visa (short Visas 15 days) on arrival with less long stays, than a "real" Visa.

http://www.mfa.go.th...5946-424479.pdf

Edited by ALFREDO

When people say "tourist visa good for 60 days" they mean a single-entry tourist visa valid for travel to Thailand within 90 days or three months from the date of its issue. Upon arrival with it in Thailand you receive permission to stay for 60 days and if desired you can get a 30-day extension of stay. The reference to 60 days can indeed be confusing because the visa itself is good (valid) for 90 days or three months, depending on the issuing consulate (theoretically it should always be three months)

Each entry can be extended by 30 days, also the last entry even if the visa itself is expired. As long as you enter the country before the visa expires.

Yes, Hull issues triple entries. Always apply as late as possible, as the validity starts from teh date issued.

So after the first 60 days do i extend by 30 days at imigration,then leave and re enter for a further 60 days and extend again for 30 days at imigration.

Then leave the country again and re enter before my last 30 days expires ,will i get a further 60 days and can i extend by 30 days.

And then leave the country and apply for a new tv in another country/

thanks for any help

Hello, i'm new here, sorry about my English...

I am thinking to get a double entry tourist visa but i have a doubt, after 60 days i get an extension of 30 days and after go out Thailand and come back, i will go to Laos border in Nong Khai. My question is, will i have to buy the visa for go into Laos, or i can stamp my passport on departure and come back? (and no go into Laos)

Thanks for any help

Edited by alejandroarino

Yes, but do keep the expiry date of the visa itself in mind, you muts make yourentries before that date (extension after that dat are no problem).

Thanks for your help

Do i enter thailand on an open return flight ticket or say a 4 months return and change the return date in thailand for near the end of my tv

Hua Hin is on the other side of the country (Burma side) not the North-East (Laos side). But yes you must enter another country and return for a new entry and that will likely cost something anywhere except Malaysia for most travelers.

Thanks for your help

Do i enter thailand on an open return flight ticket or say a 4 months return and change the return date in thailand for near the end of my tv

If you have a visa you do not need to worry about having a flight out of the country within your period of stay.

A ticket out is only needed if you enter using the 30 day visa exempt entry.

Hello, i'm new here, sorry about my English...

I am thinking to get a double entry tourist visa but i have a doubt, after 60 days i get an extension of 30 days and after go out Thailand and come back, i will go to Laos border in Nong Khai. My question is, will i have to buy the visa for go into Laos, or i can stamp my passport on departure and come back? (and no go into Laos)

Thanks for any help

You must always depart Thailand and enter another country in order to re-enter Thailand.

So yes you must get a visa on arrival for Laos, then enter and depart Laos before re-entering Thailand.

Type of visa

Tourrist

Category

TR

NO OF ENTRY

FEE 3000B

DATE OF ISSUE

6 AUG 2012

ENTER BEFORE

5 NOV 2012

So i went to Kap Choeng imigretion office on the 4th oct, just before my 60 day was up, to extend my visa by 30 day's and pay the 1900B,

and the imigration officer told me it was a 90 day visa , but my new enter Departure card say's, admited untill the 6th oct , i have just noticed , so i was given the wrong information by that officer and it looks like i'm on an overstay.

The officer was wrong , so i will go back there tomorrow to sort this out, with them.

did you pay the 1900 baht on the 4th october to add an extra 30 days ?

when you add 30 days they don't change the departture card stamp - they put a new stamp on one of the pages inside your passport,

unless you haven't already done so you need to do a border run on the 4th nov. then you 'll get another 60 day stay that you can also extend 30 days for 1900 baht later on.