Convert Entry Visa Into Another Visa Without Leaving The Country?

Yes if you qualify for retirement or marriage extension of stay you can convert to the required non immigrant visa entry for 2,000 baht at immigration as the first step in that extension of stay. You can not do outside of extension of stay reasons and you should have at least 15 days remaining on your current entry stay.

Yes if you qualify for retirement or marriage extension of stay you can convert to the required non immigrant visa entry for 2,000 baht at immigration as the first step in that extension of stay. You can not do outside of extension of stay reasons and you should have at least 15 days remaining on your current entry stay.

Okay so I can go down to Jomtien and start th ball rolling for the retirement visa?

Yes. Take normal proof of financials - either 800k in a Thai bank account or embassy letter of 65k monthly income or combination to meet 800k per year. Have some proof of current address.

I dont a thai bank account but I could get one and transfer 800k in there or alternatively could get a letter from the embassy.

What is the process for the letter? Do i just need to go to the embassy with a copy of payslips or bank account details to get that?

You have to fill out a letter of your income and have Embassy sign it - believe Oz uses the same system as US in that no direct proof is required (immigration could ask that to support paper). But if I am wrong and like UK you would have to present some form of paperwork and they would use that figure. For bank deposit the account passbook and a letter of account balance by bank manager is normal requirement.

Hello all,

Assuming that i have same issue for some of my family related tourist visa convert to retirement visa which decided to not leave thailand, but now i was a bit confused after you wrote first step 2000 bht only for immigration fee? i just went to agency and she charged 25.000 bth for 1 year, any additional fee we have to pay after get first step procedure?

Hope you can explain more further,

Thank you

If you use an agency they will want a fee also. But there is no need to use an agency, you can easily do it yourself.

When you convert you pay 2,000 baht to immirgation. This will give you 90 days. After 60 to 90 days you return to immigration and pay 1,900 baht for a 1 year extension.

Requirements for a 12 month extension once you have the Non Imm O Visa.

2.22 In the case of a retiree: Permission will be granted for a period of not more

than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM);

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age or over;

(3) Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than

800,000 Baht as shown in the bank account for the past 3 months at the filing date of the application. For the first year, the applicant should have that amount in his bank account for not less than 60 days or

(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application

Further question: does Immigration keep the income statement from the Embassy when you apply for the first (90 day) non-O? And if so, are you required to get another letter from the Embassy when you apply for the one year extension?

Thanks.

Regards your comment of 15 days for current entry stay. I has my passport stolen overseas and am not expecting to obtain the full replacement passport until the last few days or so of the 30 day tourist entry visa I received with the emergency passport on my re-entry to Thailand. Does this mean I have to depart Thailand & obtain another 30 day visa on arrival back into Thailand or what is a more cost effective method for compliance?

EDIT: I had an O visa extension based upon retirement

Edited by simple1

Go to nearby Thai Consulate and obtain a new single entry non immigrant O visa after you get the new passport (overnight stay most places except PP which can take 4 days) would be most cost effective. Then no change required and 60 days after return you extend. Only one set of financials will then be required.

You would have to fly out and back to get the 30 entry. By land it would be 15 days.

It probably would be best to make a trip to Vientiane and get a single entry non-o rather than making a trip out and back.

The easiest way and most cost effective trip to Vientiane is to fly to to Udon Thani and then the bridge in Nong Kai by mini bus.

Nok Air is offering a trip with bus to the bridge.

Thanks for the help here.

I got my retirement visa converted from an entry visa.

The process was very easy.

I completed a stat dec at the Australian Embassy regarding my income which cost 640baht.

I then went to Immigration in Jomtiem where a very nice Phillipina girl filled out the two forms for me and photocopied the appropriate documents. 40 baht. Thans Ruby!

Submiited documents and paid 1900 baht and then went back and collected my passport in the afternoon. Report again Jan 22nd.

Thanks for the help guys.

You got a non immigrant O visa not a retirement visa.

The date of Jan. 22 is the date your 90 entry runs out not a report back date. You can do your extension of stay at any time during the last 30 days of your permit to stay.

Do not wait untill the 22nd. Report back with all required documents 2 weeks earlier. The extension will still start on the 22nd anyway and in case you need some extra documents you will have time to get them. It is always safer to do it early.

Do not wait untill the 22nd. Report back with all required documents 2 weeks earlier. The extension will still start on the 22nd anyway and in case you need some extra documents you will have time to get them. It is always safer to do it early.

What extra documents would I need?

I thought I have already given immigration what they need.

You will have to provide the same documents plus a tm.7 form with photo attached and pay the 1,900 baht fee. Yes you need to obtain a new document from your Embassy if using that method. What you provided was proof you could apply for retirement extension of stay at the end of a 90 day visa entry - you still have to prove that each and every time you extend.

You will have to provide the same documents plus a tm.7 form with photo attached and pay the 1,900 baht fee. Yes you need to obtain a new document from your Embassy if using that method. What you provided was proof you could apply for retirement extension of stay at the end of a 90 day visa entry - you still have to prove that each and every time you extend.

That is a pain in the neck.

That means I have to get that same stat dec from Bangkok every three months?

No just every year - the first time is less than three months only because you chose to arrive without a non immigrant entry visa so had to obtain in country - you could have obtained at a nearby Consulate without the need for the Embassy paper.