Chalerm Rules Out Thaksin Extradition

webfact

I think it would be more effective for the Dems to go after Chalerm himself instead. They must have some serious dirt on him.

Taking Chalerm down hard would be maybe equally demoralizing for the PTP and Shinawatra clan.

BBBBZZZZT!!!!

Sorry, you used "demoralizing", PTP and Shinawatra in the same sentence; you lose 75 points and have to go back three squares.

blink.png

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the dems couldn't get him back under an extradition order during their 2006-2011 reign then how on earth do they expect the current Thaksin proxy sympathetic government to perform an extradition for them?

Sigh ... the Democrat-led coalition was in-power from December-2008 to early-June-2011, why does this slip the memories of many pro-Red posters in this forum so very often ?

edit to say ... sorry I only just saw whybother had already picked this up too. Thanks ! wai2.gif

Edited by Ricardo

No surprises here, the goverment wants to rewrite the laws to better suit the needs of the real Priminister in self imposed exile, until then the decicions of any legal body that has brought or will bring any allegations against dear leader will not be recognised, and if the courts step out of line by daring to act in accordance with the law there will be more threats and intimidation.

Sent from my GT-I9003

Or mention that over half a billion dollars has been illegally sent to Hong Kong from flood relief fundage and one of the alleged culprits is a high ranking politician with the initials Ch? Wasn't he just pictured in Hong Kong fully ear medication faced meeting with Thaksin the criminal fugitive? Seems a strange relationship, one of them drives a pink Bentley. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

One of the two in the world of its kind that is,pink.

Just a tad queere or g*Y

Thaksin was found guilty under his own brother in laws administration ,it was his personally backed family business regime that judged him

And were the judges who made the decision not approved by a higher authority than even TS himself aspires to?

This keeps getting more ridiculous by the day. How can one man or one party so blatantly disregard the rule of law? Do Thai people even care that their laws and their country's wealth are being hijacked by these people? Where's the outrage?

Ever been to Thailand?

Everyone pretty much disregards the "rule of law" when it suits, in particular the police themselves.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Or mention that over half a billion dollars has been illegally sent to Hong Kong from flood relief fundage and one of the alleged culprits is a high ranking politician with the initials Ch? Wasn't he just pictured in Hong Kong fully ear medication faced meeting with Thaksin the criminal fugitive? Seems a strange relationship, one of them drives a pink Bentley. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

One of the two in the world of its kind that is,pink.

Just a tad queere or g*Y

Making comments about homosexuality when your username is "red roo?"

:lol:

This keeps getting more ridiculous by the day. How can one man or one party so blatantly disregard the rule of law? Do Thai people even care that their laws and their country's wealth are being hijacked by these people? Where's the outrage?

Ever been to Thailand?

Everyone pretty much disregards the "rule of law" when it suits, in particular the police themselves.

Ha, yeah, can't believe I asked where the outrage was again......coffee1.gif TIT

I try to stay out of this red shirt/yellow shirt stuff.

But, here you have the DPM basically saying that he will not uphold the law becasue he thinks it's a bad law and when we have good laws he will.

Wow. It doesn't matter what side of the fence you sit, that's very bad. Scary bad.

• Like 1

Mr Thaksin will not return to Thailand any time soon because he knows eventually someone will shoot him dead.....

Which would make him a martyr and re-energize the radical red shirt faction(s). Not to mention plunge the country further in to chaos.

It would not be in anybody's interest. It would seriously backfire.

If Thaksin isn't around to pay the Red Shirts - the only thing they are going to "re-energize" is their next bottle of Thai Whiskey while waiting for the evening soaps. You don't think these people are ideologues do you? lol

I try to stay out of this red shirt/yellow shirt stuff.

But, here you have the DPM basically saying that he will not uphold the law becasue he thinks it's a bad law and when we have good laws he will.

Wow. It doesn't matter what side of the fence you sit, that's very bad. Scary bad.

You'd never guess he was a policeman , would you!

Mr Thaksin will not return to Thailand any time soon because he knows eventually someone will shoot him dead.....

Which would make him a martyr and re-energize the radical red shirt faction(s). Not to mention plunge the country further in to chaos.

It would not be in anybody's interest. It would seriously backfire.

If Thaksin isn't around to pay the Red Shirts - the only thing they are going to "re-energize" is their next bottle of Thai Whiskey while waiting for the evening soaps. You don't think these people are ideologues do you? lol

Not really, but to quote myself: "make him a martyr" and "Not to mention plunge the country further in to chaos." would still apply.

There are thousands of laws which are cuckoo here. I hereby declare i refuse to give away half my company and report to immigration every 90 days. I mean only in Thailand would they have such laws.

To coin a TV phrase, if he doesn't like it, he can leave. A sitting pm moaning about the laws as though he has no power to change them????????????

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

"Let me ask a question: in the case of the Ratchadaphisek land purchase, [Thaksin's] wife bought the land, but you convicted the husband?

"No other country would do this, only Thailand.

Chalerm responded by saying that if Thaksin is a criminal, then the Department of Special Investigation would definitely try to arrest him.

Korn said it would be a serious violation of the law if the signature was found to have been faked by Thaksin's legal team.

If Thaksin is a criminal beats it. sick.gif

Thaksin was found guilty under his own brother in laws administration ,it was his personally backed family business regime that judged him

"Let me ask a question: in the case of the Ratchadaphisek land purchase, [Thaksin's] wife bought the land, but you convicted the husband?

This is the level of his "Law Understanding" Actually they where Both Guilty. She of trying to buy, or purchaseing... AND Thaksin of SIGNING THE PAPER!!! (His signing was and is a very Serious Offense!!)

Both actions by both individuals... Broke Thai Law!! And these Laws have been inforce long... before any Coupe ws played out...

Thaksin's Brother-In-Law was following well placed Laws (not his own, for God's sake!!) Laws that had been enforced long before even Thaksin was P.M.

As for Passport... Chalerm... Your Office Failed! If in Question, The Individual (in question as for Breaking Law or being summond by Courts or his Motives being questionable...) requesting Passport or Visa will have it denied! Any other Thai National applying for Passport and or Visa's would be rejected on any these Grounds!! Leaders in Government you need to question Chalerms Statements... Motives.... Are they Legal... Are they for the Good of Thailand??? Or does this not matter???

Also neither of or any answer... has anything to do with or was enacted upon ... or written by anyone, with any allegence to the Leaders of the Coupe!!! These are "Good Laws, in place for many YEARS to protect the People, Land and Kingdom of Thailand"

Rebutt These Facts!!!

Edited by davidstipek

Ever been to Thailand?

The predictable red shirt, everyone does it, why shouldn't Thaksin and his cronies do it too, school of thought. Which would be fine if the reds applied the same liberal school of thought to the Dems and the yellows... actually no, it wouldn't be fine, it would still be a stupid rationale, but at least they could claim to be vaguely consistent.

There is also the possibility that coming back could shorten Thaksins lifespan, he has made many enemies over the years.

Perhaps there is a great deal of posturing for and on behalf of Thaksin who in reality doesn't want to come back.

Looking at the track record of Chalerm would you trust him with your life?

Edited by siampolee

Logic has never been Chalerm's strong point. Neither has abiding by the law as demonstrated by how he got his son off a murder charge.

The Thai legal & justice systems are far from perfect but I doubt that Chalerm would abide by any justice system even one created by himself.

The Democrats are still going after Thaksin because it's all they've got and it's at the behest of their puppet master.

He won guys, time to let it go.

Sorry, lost on me.

'Its all they've got'? Who's this 'puppet master'?

The democratically elected Opposition are trying to take part in the Democratic government of Thailand.

If their attempts are being thwarted by someone who thinks he is unassailable, they will be 'going after Thaksin'

Unfortunately for some posters, that may legitimize a claim that the Democrats are putting Thailand before party.

About time somebody did

• Like 1

Here is a government minister, DPM and former police officer openly and publicly stating he will not support laws he doesn't personally like. How many countries in the world would allow a politician to remain in office after statements like this?

It's frightening to see the current government here getting more blatant in flaunting the law, misappropriating funds and scamming, lying and treating the electorate with more and more contempt. Sadly, the old maxim that "people get the government they deserve" seems to hold. Most Thais I know simply accept this is how it is, how governments behave and don't think they can change it. There just doesn't seem to be any passion to change things here, enforce the rule of law, attack corruption and mismanagement etc as there is in other countires. Everyone is too busy eating, shopping and watching the soaps!

Here is a government minister, DPM and former police officer openly and publicly stating he will not support laws he doesn't personally like. How many countries in the world would allow a politician to remain in office after statements like this?

It's frightening to see the current government here getting more blatant in flaunting the law, misappropriating funds and scamming, lying and treating the electorate with more and more contempt. Sadly, the old maxim that "people get the government they deserve" seems to hold. Most Thais I know simply accept this is how it is, how governments behave and don't think they can change it. There just doesn't seem to be any passion to change things here, enforce the rule of law, attack corruption and mismanagement etc as there is in other countires. Everyone is too busy eating, shopping and watching the soaps!

Apathy is all that is needed.

As you infer, there is nothing supporting a better Thailand, just a same, same.

This government will be stopped due to its own arrogance and stupidity.

Every day sees another example of their immaturity.

But then they'll return under a new banner and the cycle will continue

• Like 1

There in is the big problem, it should not be up to Charlerm to decide what is was or isn't against the law or lawful, it should be up to law enforcement and the legal system and courts to decide on the correct action, the courts are progressing charges against several Thai people involved in this particular case but cannot proceed against Thaksin because he was absent - that being the case then he is efectively avoiding the court and the law, the court needs to decide if they should pursue extradition proceedings against him, it has nothing to do with Charlerm

• Like 1

Maybe it was a little white lie.

There OK according to this Government.