New Trick By Bars In Soi Bhuakaow

thaisabai

You call it malpractice - I called it a scam earlier in this thread and that is what it is

The easy solution is to ask before buying a drink in a bar you are not familiar with which is generally what I do, it is met will some weird looks and thought provoking looks but is well within my right as a customer if they don't have a display clearly stating prices and offers, I also check my bin upon recieving my first drink and if it is not as described I walk, been here too long to get scammed by a bar and falang owned bars are the worst, it doesn't take long in this city to find trustworthy good places to drink, mesaures are another issue - getting a glass full of coke with a taste of samsong on the top is not my idea of a drink, samsong is cheap - it's like 6baht for a 25mil measure, why would anyone give you a short measure - this is all standard stuff in the bar business - customers need to be tuned in if they don't want to end up getting scamed

I told the lady, I only need one and the answer was "same price, 75 Baht".

Why didn't you get the 2nd one and pour it into a nearby plant pot, hanging basket or miniature shrub ? w00t.gif

And I doubt any of the respondents in this thread are bar owners.

The easy solution is to ask before buying a drink in a bar you are not familiar with which is generally what I do, it is met will some weird looks and thought provoking looks

You're dead right here - this is by far the best advice to the vegy-hooligan who is still battling against the malpractices and scams in Soi Bukhao and the surround soi's.

However I've never had the response you have - usually the bar staff just give me a range of prices with a smile and then ask me to sit-down and have a drink.

I told the lady, I only need one and the answer was "same price, 75 Baht".

Why didn't you get the 2nd one and pour it into a nearby plant pot, hanging basket or miniature shrub ? w00t.gif

And I doubt any of the respondents in this thread are bar owners.

Yes.. again he "falls" for the scam by not asking first for the pricing before he orders the drinks. Then is surprised and upset that they give him a free drink token.

And I don't know who owns what, but I'm certainly not involved in any bar biz and would be rather surprised to find many of the posters here involved in bar biz. I think you make this assumption cause many readers here find it very comical the way you are having a hard time catching on to how to get over your issues of feeling ripped off when you go out drinking.

The easy solution is to ask before buying a drink in a bar you are not familiar with which is generally what I do, it is met will some weird looks and thought provoking looks

You're dead right here - this is by far the best advice to the vegy-hooligan who is still battling against the malpractices and scams in Soi Bukhao and the surround soi's.

However I've never had the response you have - usually the bar staff just give me a range of prices with a smile and then ask me to sit-down and have a drink.

as weird as this may sound from a customer perspective but I have been met with obvious hostility when asking for prices in a bar that doesn't display them, it is obvious their intent was to fleece me in some way but by asking the price first they have no longer got the initiative, I frequently come across bars that do not display prices.

It's as though for some reason that if a falang asks the price they try to imply it as some sort of insult - not always but quite often and if you dont like the 70baht quoted for a sangsom coke (my absolute limit is 60baht) and walk away then you're a low life cheap charlie, the next part of this process is the measure whistling.gif

as weird as this may sound from a customer perspective but I have been met with obvious hostility when asking for prices in a bar that doesn't display them, it is obvious their intent was to fleece me in some way but by asking the price first they have no longer got the initiative, I frequently come across bars that do not display prices.

It's as though for some reason that if a falang asks the price they try to imply it as some sort of insult - not always but quite often and if you dont like the 70baht quoted for a sangsom coke (my absolute limit is 60baht) and walk away then you're a low life cheap charlie, the next part of this process is the measure whistling.gif

If you get such a negative vibe from the staff then do you honestly want to sit down for a drink anyways? Maybe you've just come up with a great test to decide if a bar is friendly enough to drink in.

Rode past this place over the weekend "Place 2 bee".

Even while riding my motorbike, I was able to read the bloody great A board sign outside shouting "All house spirits BOGOF from 59B"

coffee1.gif

Those dam_n tricksters...wink.pngwhistling.gif

Even while riding my motorbike, I was able to read the bloody great A board sign outside shouting "All house spirits BOGOF from 59B"

coffee1.gif

I can confirm that this place does have a 2 for 1 pricing during certain hours. I was surprised when I visited back in August.

coffee1.gif

I can confirm that this place does have a 2 for 1 pricing during certain hours. I was surprised when I visited back in August.

Oh, you mean the posted sign outside isn't confirmation enough?

So why not take your next holiday in the UAE you won't have the problem then.

The UAE does not have the same attractions as Pattaya, is not a popular holiday destination and being an Islamic country it is very difficult to get a drink at all and not easy to find agreeable female companionship.

The UAE does not have the same attractions as Pattaya, is not a popular holiday destination and being an Islamic country it is very difficult to get a drink at all and not easy to find agreeable female companionship.

Really? That's not my recollection of Dubai and Abu Dhabi! More expensive though.

• Like 1

coffee1.gif

Oh, you mean the posted sign outside isn't confirmation enough?

Ok, Ok... Good point. thumbsup.gif

Really? That's not my recollection of Dubai and Abu Dhabi! More expensive though.

Agreed, not to mention Bahrain.

Yes really, those places don't even begin to compare to Pattaya even if you are a millionaire. Try advising a regular visitor to Pattaya that he visits Dubai or AD instead for his next holiday and he'll think you've got him on Candid Camera.

You;ve obviously never been there.

Of course it's possible to get drinks and women in these places but it's hardly what you'd call Pattaya style. Besides who'd go to some Islamic country for a mongers holiday. Thinking about it , who'd go for any kind of holiday to such oppressive places. As far as i'm aware they have very strict penalties for those deemed to be cavorting in public.Even holding hands , god forbid a kiss can get you in serious shit. I can't imagine many of the Patters crowd up for that.

Of course it's possible to get drinks and women in these places but it's hardly what you'd call Pattaya style. Besides who'd go to some Islamic country for a mongers holiday. Thinking about it , who'd go for any kind of holiday to such oppressive places. As far as i'm aware they have very strict penalties for those deemed to be cavorting in public.Even holding hands , god forbid a kiss can get you in serious shit. I can't imagine many of the Patters crowd up for that.

and this has got what to do with buy one get one.................................extremely off topic

let me say this - would you go shopping in tesco and fill a trolly if they didn't display prices on the items - I'll answer for you - absolutly not, so why should a bar be any different, people can assume a certain price range for drinks but I've seen some shocking prices when there is no price list on display, if you ask first you cannot get scamed - simple as that

not much more to add on this thread is there really ?

Edited by Rimmer
reply of removed

let me say this - would you go shopping in tesco and fill a trolly if they didn't display prices on the items - I'll answer for you - absolutly not, so why should a bar be any different, people can assume a certain price range for drinks but I've seen some shocking prices when there is no price list on display, if you ask first you cannot get scamed - simple as that

Many times in Tesco there are no prices displayed on the items. Unlike foodland or friendship that actually have price stickers on the items. Again, that is why if you are worried about the price before you buy the item, you walk over to the price check machines and scan the barcode. Or, you pay attention at the cash register and when they ring up an item that is more than you want to pay, you tell them no thanks I changed my mind.

What you DON'T do is pay for the item, go home and check the receipt, get angry at the price and dump the goods into the planter.

Honestly not sure how some of you made it this far in life and this far from home.

Edited by Jayman

Many times in Tesco there are no prices displayed on the items. Unlike foodland or friendship that actually have price stickers on the items. Again, that is why if you are worried about the price before you buy the item, you walk over to the price check machines and scan the barcode. Or, you pay attention at the cash register and when they ring up an item that is more than you want to pay, you tell them no thanks I changed my mind.

What you DON'T do is pay for the item, go home and check the receipt, get angry at the price and dump the goods into the planter.

Honestly not sure how some of you made it this far in life and this far from home.

How do you actually do that at Tesco, as I can't rememeber the last time those check machines were functioning at Tesco.

Other then that, isn't it supposed that you can be relaxed when you go shopping, other then having to run around to check prices and staring at the check out displays, which by the way at Tesco are next to impossible to see due to the poor screen quality.Maybe they have a reason for it.

Regularly is how often I shop and have no idea about how much the majority of items in my shop cost. I want I buy............But then again I am also not a balloon chaser.

Regularly is how often I shop and have no idea about how much the majority of items in my shop cost. I want I buy............But then again I am also not a balloon chaser.

And what is the similarity between a balloon chaser and a shopper who likes to know what the price is of an item he wants to purchase ?

And what is the similarity between a balloon chaser and a shopper who likes to know what the price is of an item he wants to purchase ?

What is your major malfunction jbrain? If you can't figure out how to get the price on something before you pay for it and read the receipt then you have no business in the store.

What is your major malfunction jbrain? If you can't figure out how to get the price on something before you pay for it and read the receipt then you have no business in the store.

So you go shopping, run around to the checking machines at Tesco which aren't functioning for the past 12 months at least, or at the check out counter staring at the display.

And when an item is not priced correct, you wait 15 minutes for the supervisor who has to come to correct the bill or adjust the price, while all other shoppers behind you have to wait untill this has happened.

I have another idea about shopping.

are you just argueing for arguments sake - I don't get it

and as for making it in life , I spent most of mine being shot at and blown up while you were perfecting your tesco shopping skills thumbsup.gif

Is it really so wrong or complicated to know what you are buying and at what price before handing over the dosh - I fail to see why this thread has gone on so long

• Like 1

Too late people it has already spread ! blink.png I have just been to Tesco and they have two Brie cheeses for the price of just the one. I of course ripped of the second cheese as I only wanted the one but she still charged me the same price. Biatchhh !

I threw the other cheese on the floor and stamped on it

That showed her not to mess with a Farang !

:)

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap