New Trick By Bars In Soi Bhuakaow

thaisabai

let me say this - would you go shopping in tesco and fill a trolly if they didn't display prices on the items - I'll answer for you - absolutly not, so why should a bar be any different, people can assume a certain price range for drinks but I've seen some shocking prices when there is no price list on display, if you ask first you cannot get scamed - simple as that

not much more to add on this thread is there really ?

Many times in Tesco there are no prices displayed on the items. Unlike foodland or friendship that actually have price stickers on the items. Again, that is why if you are worried about the price before you buy the item, you walk over to the price check machines and scan the barcode. Or, you pay attention at the cash register and when they ring up an item that is more than you want to pay, you tell them no thanks I changed my mind.

What you DON'T do is pay for the item, go home and check the receipt, get angry at the price and dump the goods into the planter.

Honestly not sure how some of you made it this far in life and this far from home.

are you just argueing for arguments sake - I don't get it

and as for making it in life , I spent most of mine being shot at and blown up while you were perfecting your tesco shopping skills thumbsup.gif

Is it really so wrong or complicated to know what you are buying and at what price before handing over the dosh - I fail to see why this thread has gone on so long

I don't think it's that complicated at all. But seems many here do (including yourself)... and the thread continues....

and as I keep repeating over and over and over.. if you want to know how much something is before handing over the dosh, just ask.

Edited by Jayman

Throwing a drink you have paid for in a plant pot. No wonder they take the piss out of us bah.gif

If you really want to make a point then take 20 baht out your pocket and burn it, then swagger out the bar accross the road to the motorbike taxis. Kick a few of them over and say to the riders '' any of you fuc_kers got a problem''. Then shout some abuse about Buddha and go on your merry way.

Love this. biggrin.png

let me say this - would you go shopping in tesco and fill a trolly if they didn't display prices on the items - I'll answer for you - absolutly not, so why should a bar be any different, people can assume a certain price range for drinks but I've seen some shocking prices when there is no price list on display, if you ask first you cannot get scamed - simple as that

Many times in Tesco there are no prices displayed on the items. Unlike foodland or friendship that actually have price stickers on the items. Again, that is why if you are worried about the price before you buy the item, you walk over to the price check machines and scan the barcode. Or, you pay attention at the cash register and when they ring up an item that is more than you want to pay, you tell them no thanks I changed my mind.

What you DON'T do is pay for the item, go home and check the receipt, get angry at the price and dump the goods into the planter.

Honestly not sure how some of you made it this far in life and this far from home.

and as for making it in life , I spent most of mine being shot at and blown up while you were perfecting your tesco shopping skills thumbsup.gif

Is it really so wrong or complicated to know what you are buying and at what price before handing over the dosh - I fail to see why this thread has gone on so long

Spoken like a true Cold War warrior, were things expensive in the NAAFI in Germany?

Edited by RabC

Spoken like a true Cold War warrior, were things expensive in the NAAFI in Germany?

lol, never been to Germany but have been in the odd NAAFI for social occasions though, and the cold war ended when I was under 30 whistling.gif

So why not take your next holiday in the UAE you won't have the problem then.

The UAE does not have the same attractions as Pattaya, is not a popular holiday destination and being an Islamic country it is very difficult to get a drink at all and not easy to find agreeable female companionship.

You;ve obviously never been there.

Of course it's possible to get drinks and women in these places but it's hardly what you'd call Pattaya style. Besides who'd go to some Islamic country for a mongers holiday. Thinking about it , who'd go for any kind of holiday to such oppressive places. As far as i'm aware they have very strict penalties for those deemed to be cavorting in public.Even holding hands , god forbid a kiss can get you in serious shit. I can't imagine many of the Patters crowd up for that.

and it's clear you've never been there too.

Of course it's possible to get drinks and women in these places but it's hardly what you'd call Pattaya style. Besides who'd go to some Islamic country for a mongers holiday. Thinking about it , who'd go for any kind of holiday to such oppressive places. As far as i'm aware they have very strict penalties for those deemed to be cavorting in public.Even holding hands , god forbid a kiss can get you in serious shit. I can't imagine many of the Patters crowd up for that.

Many of the Pattaya mongers I know regularly drove across the causeway to Bahrain every weekend to partake of the delights on offer, jezz some bloody sap even married a Thai "massage' worker.

I've spent time in a number of countries in the region and I reckon NP is right on this, whilst the people are friendly and there are things to do, a holiday in any of these countries would be a hardsell in my opinion. I'm amazed that people buy holiday homes in Dubai for example.

Rode past this place over the weekend "Place 2 bee".

Even while riding my motorbike, I was able to read the bloody great A board sign outside shouting "All house spirits BOGOF from 59B"

coffee1.gif

Doh!

I thought that saying BOGOF was inviting customers to go somewhere else for a drink!

Edited by gmac

I think the OP's main problem is just that he was a bit out of touch, probably been out of Pattaya for a while.

Most people are aware of the pricing practices of bars around Soi Bukhao, they mainly cater to regulars as there is only minimal passing trade in the area so the staff don't bother explaining the set-up.

And to be fair, to give The Triangle bar as an example, two Leo for 75 baht is hardly a rip-off. But for the truly price conscious even better deals can be had nearby-- a large Chang for 65 baht down Soi Diana.

Too late people it has already spread ! blink.png I have just been to Tesco and they have two Brie cheeses for the price of just the one. I of course ripped of the second cheese as I only wanted the one but she still charged me the same price. Biatchhh !

I threw the other cheese on the floor and stamped on it

That showed her not to mess with a Farang !

Two for the price of one is not the same as two for the price of two.

He said that the bar tab was 75 baht twice and on another occasion where he poured the FREE beer into a plant pot was given a token. Show me a bar anywhere in thailand especially Pattaya that sells a beer for 37 Baht 50 satang ? A single beer cost him 75 Baht. He was offered a second free one but declined. he is nothing but yet another Tight ar#ed cheap Charlie wanting to get a beer in a bar for 40 baht or less.

I suggest he sticks to drinking outside the 7/11 as that seems more in his budget range !

I hope this has cleared things up for you as you seem to be struggling to come round to the BOGOF system thumbsup.gif

I once saw an amusing blackboard sign outside a bar here.

BUY ONE !

GET ONE !

ALL DAY ! biggrin.pngcheesy.gif

where did the OP mention what drink it was they poured away?

yes i also saw a good 1 free beer tommorow 555

Seems like you are the one that doesn't get it so I'll make the maths simple for you.

Buy 1 beer = 40 Baht.

BUT by 1 get 1 free = 75 Baht.

Therefore second beer is not free, you get it at a 5 Baht discount.

But you only want 1 beer and still have to pay 75 Baht so you are overpaying by 35 Baht.

See simple to understand really isn't it?

jeeze.. why is this so difficult.. if you have to pay 75thb for 1 beer then why do you keep claiming that 1 beer is 40thb? From a 7/11? Where are you pulling this price from? If the price in that bar is set a certain number then that is what a beer costs there.. period.

You guys have way too much time on your hands to bicker about such trivial things.

As has been said countless times, if you are so concerned with the price of the stuff you purchase, then ask the price first so you can make an informed decision as to if you want to purchase it there. Surely in Pattaya there is more than 1 place (or street) to buy a beer.

yes frivolous piont read the menu first simple but im not you can subscribe to this matter as im sure you are a non beer alcholol drinker,so why give an opinion as you have little to offer ???

Seems like you are the one that doesn't get it so I'll make the maths simple for you.

Buy 1 beer = 40 Baht.

BUT by 1 get 1 free = 75 Baht.

Therefore second beer is not free, you get it at a 5 Baht discount.

But you only want 1 beer and still have to pay 75 Baht so you are overpaying by 35 Baht.

See simple to understand really isn't it?

jeeze.. why is this so difficult.. if you have to pay 75thb for 1 beer then why do you keep claiming that 1 beer is 40thb? From a 7/11? Where are you pulling this price from? If the price in that bar is set a certain number then that is what a beer costs there.. period.

You guys have way too much time on your hands to bicker about such trivial things.

As has been said countless times, if you are so concerned with the price of the stuff you purchase, then ask the price first so you can make an informed decision as to if you want to purchase it there. Surely in Pattaya there is more than 1 place (or street) to buy a beer.

yes frivolous piont read the menu first simple but im not you can subscribe to this matter as im sure you are a non beer alcholol drinker,so why give an opinion as you have little to offer ???

I drink alcohol but not beer. Should I remove myself from the room now...

I'll grab my coat.

• 6 years later...