Bahrain Man Uses Gps To Find His Phone And Bags Ladyboy Thief

Rimmer

Brainy Bahrain Man Uses GPS to Find Ladyboy Thief

PATTAYA:--A Bahrain tourist’s cellphone was stolen by a pickpocketing ladyboy on Walking Street, but he used his phone’s GPS signal to track the thief. He found the ladyboy at a phone repair shop trying to unlock his stolen phone and cut its GPS signal. Police were notified and arrested the thief.

PATTAYA – October 19, 2012 [PDN]; at 6:30 a.m., an arrest of a ladyboy for pickpocketing a tourist was made by Pol. Lt. Vitsanu Chaisuwan, Deputy Inspector, Pattaya police station, Chonburi province, together with the police team.

The suspect was identified as Mr. Phusit Naronrum or Nan, age 24, address 66 Moo 5 Tambon Muangphai, Amphur Krasang, Burirum province. Police seized the evidence of an iPhone 4 stolen from the tourist.

The victim was identified as Mr. Ali Maki Mohsen Maki, age 29, from Bahrain. The theft occurred at Walking Street road, south Pattaya, Moo 10, Tambon Nong Preu, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province. Police took the suspect to investigate at Pattaya police station on charges of pickpocketing and stealing Mr. Ali’s phone.

Mr. Ali told police that he and his friends were cruising on Walking Street, when a ladyboy approached him to offer his sexual services. The ladyboy also claimed to be a real woman. The victim didn’t believe the ladyboy, so he tried to walk away. But the ladyboy had pickpocketed Mr. Ali’s pants pocket and stole his mobile phone, and then ran away to escape.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2012/10/19/brainy-bahrain-man-uses-gps-to-find-ladyboy-thief/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2012-10-19

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"He" guys, "he"!smile.png

Au contraire kind Sir, I think you'll find its polite to address transgendered people according to the lifestyle they've chosen from themselves. This topic was covered in a recent Hollywood movie: Transamerica - a really excellent film if you get a chance to watch it.

• Like 2

Wow - she's a looker and no mistake wub.png

Agree. smile.png

Au contraire kind Sir, I think you'll find its polite to address transgendered people according to the lifestyle they've chosen from themselves. This topic was covered in a recent Hollywood movie: Transamerica - a really excellent film if you get a chance to watch it.

If it was covered in a Hollywood movie, it must be true!whistling.gif I'll keep my eyes open for the movie though.

• Like 2

Its still a bloke!

Genetically yes, but its polite to refer to such a person as a she wai.gif

Its still a bloke!

My gfs brother is a LB and she refers to him as he,she.

My gfs brother is a LB and she refers to him as he,she.

Doesn't mean to say your gf is being polite, though.

I have a friend who's known a few TS people, in a variety of situations and in several countries, and he has never met one that appreciates being referred to as a guy.

Its still a bloke!

For all other cases it would be fair enough to refer to 'he' as 'she'...

I too am shocked at how they can show the Passport details of the victim, I'd be quite annoyed if I were him.

He seemed pretty cool and chilled out in the video, I wonder what penalty the LB will receive... 400B fine and a slap on the wrist ?

I'd like to see greater penalties as an incentive against petty crime such as this.

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1

I'd like to see greater penalties as an incentive against petty crime such as this.

I wouldn't. As Tony B put it a few years back: Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime.

Well IMO the cause of crime in this case is the lack of incentive not to rob someone.

The LB hardly looks malnourished and desperate... There are enough other people who work hard in 7-11's factories etc...

What would you think the 'cause of crime' is in this case?... I can only think of greed...

Well IMO the cause of crime in this case is the lack of incentive not to rob someone.

Nicely put.

And you might well be right in this case. In her defence she could possibly claim that an impoverished backround and her decision to live life as a woman, meant that she had few career opportuniies open to her.

Uhm, maybe this is more something for the Internet forum, but how can someone track a GPS phone?

Does it require specific things to do so?

As the ad says "there's an app for that". Basically the phone transmits its position (as given by the built-in GPS chip) to an online database, which you can consult if you have the login code.

Similar aps available on Android and for tablets and laptops.

From the article

"Police charged the lying ladyboy with “stealing other people’s property at night"

One wonders if there is a different Jail sentence for stealing someones property during the day ?

Day time - harsher sentence

night time - lessor sentence

where is a Thai lawyer when you need one, so they can explain the nuances of Thai law....laugh.png

• Like 2

I wouldn't. As Tony B put it a few years back: Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime.

The LB hardly looks malnourished and desperate... There are enough other people who work hard in 7-11's factories etc...

What would you think the 'cause of crime' is in this case?... I can only think of greed...

.....living an easy life without working?

Edited by Semper

GPS used to track down stolen IPhone in South Pattaya

phone-2.jpg

PATTAYA:--Thanks to modern technology, a stolen phone was recovered from a transsexual by Pattaya Police.

Mr. Ali Maki Mohsin aged 29 from Bahrain reported the incident to Police in the early hours of Friday and claimed his Apple IPhone 4s was stolen by the transsexual on Walking Street.

Mr. Mosin used his friends Iphone and used an application which uses GPS to pinpoint the location of any IPhone. Police accompanied Mr. Mosin to a Mobile Phone Shop in Soi 17 off the Pratamnuk Road in South Pattaya where the suspected thief, Khun Phusit aged 24, was waiting inside and was in the process of unlocking the phone so it could be used with a Thai SIM card. The shop had not purchased the phone so they were spared prosecution

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/64154/gps-track-stolen-iphone-south-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-10-19

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Its still a bloke!

and no Hollywood movie can make me call him "she"! dry.png

Edited by Naam

Uhm, maybe this is more something for the Internet forum, but how can someone track a GPS phone?

Does it require specific things to do so?

As the ad says "there's an app for that". Basically the phone transmits its position (as given by the built-in GPS chip) to an online database, which you can consult if you have the login code.

Similar aps available on Android and for tablets and laptops.

Apple's Find My iPhone service is a free service available to all iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad owners that can help you find your iDevice if it gets lost or stolen. Find My iPhone uses WiFi triangulation and/or real-GPS tracking to locate your device and display it's location on the Me.com website or from another iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch using the Find My iPhone App.

Eh w00t.gif The victim here has undergone a costume change between the PDN report and the later story in P1, whereas the perpetrator of the misdeed is still wearing the same, admittedly rather fetching, frock.

Doesn't seem fair sad.png

Now where does it say this crime occurred on WS . . . . . . wub.png

Edited by Rimmer

Its still a bloke!

and no Hollywood movie can make me call him "she"! dry.png

Nah, don't worry - you can carry on with your outdated, insensitive and narrow-minded outlook on life.

• Like 1