Getting To Ikea In Bangna

cooked

I spent well over an hour finding the way to IKEA although it is clearly visible from the road. I finished up on the pay toll road going to Chonburi, did an interesting, very slow tour of Bangna, and eventually found it at the end of what I thought was a field access road. my GPS was only of use to help me get back to start again. No signs up indicating the entrance.

Anyone else had problems with this?

I certainly won't be going again, I decided to buy some Thai crap instead, I can use the money for other things.

Depends which way you are coming from.

I go down Sukhumvit Road to get on the Bangna Trat road heading towards Chonburi and go past Central Bangna shopping then if you go farther on there is sign saying IKEA and bridge ( flyover) you go over to get to it.

Look for Thai Watsadu on the right hand side and you need to get on the flyover then.

Personally I have IKEA

Depends which way you are coming from.

I go down Sukhumvit Road to get on the Bangna Trat road heading towards Chonburi and go past Central Bangna shopping then if you go farther on there is sign saying IKEA and bridge ( flyover) you go over to get to it.

Look for Thai Watsadu on the right hand side and you need to get on the flyover then.

Personally I have IKEA

\Thanks. I know that now but the absence of a sign at the critical moment resulted in me finding myself on my way to Chonburi.

I been there more then a few times there quite easy to find. But guess it depends where you come from. Bought loads of things nice to be able to pay a big more and get quality. (not everything of course)

Nice to have labels in English in Thai, wide selection of things. Definitely my shop.

• Like 2

I too did the long march from Pattaya...to Ikea.

With GPS.

I got there..but not without a litany of insane guesses...about which road to take, when two choices presented themselves.

GPSs are a LONG way from being always reliable.

There is still a considerable amount of guesswork necessary.

There's no doubt when we are at an intersection covered by Junction View, Lane Assist etc...it's a piece of cake.

But unfortunately..they seem to be few and far between outside BKK.

It WAS worth the trip though..and we'll go again.

Quite apart from large furniture items, the Old Lady found some great kid's toys, as well as a sh*tload of inexpensive nick knacks.

In fact she can't wait to get back.

( It turns out that almost all Ikea stores throughout the world, have been bought by a Dutch company...with Old Ingvar retaining what seems to be control over most of the other processes.)

It would have helped, if I had known Ikea is in Mega Bangna Mall.

I should have been more careful about looking it up before I left home.

Bought one of the big bedroom wardrobes, let it installed by Ikea. I might have been able to do it myself but as it was expensive i rather have others work on it and do it right. Now there are some problems with it and they will come to fix it Monday. Seems they did not construct it 100% correct.

The person who assembled it told us some lies about soft close not working on these doors. So we went back to Ikea and there the seller told us the mechanic was lying. Also it seemed that it was not 100% straight.

So we complained and they will fix it. You got a 100 days warantee on stuff like that. I am ok with how it is now but the gf wants those soft close things on the doors. So its nothing major for me. But its nice to know they are not that hard about trading things in with the bill ect.

Assembled 2 of their office drawer systems myself and they are solid was a piece of cake. Finally bought a good bed cover filled with feathers instead of the syntec ones i kept finding here in Thailand. Pair of new pillows, just like it that i can read what is advised and what are the differences.

Strange actually i normally hate shopping but this shop is ok for me.

I head down the main road outside Central Banga, then do a u-turn and head for the expressway, just before the toll booths there is a turning on the left I follow this then it goes under the expressway and round the back into IKEA.

I head down the main road outside Central Banga, then do a u-turn and head for the expressway, just before the toll booths there is a turning on the left I follow this then it goes under the expressway and round the back into IKEA.

Looks like you're going as far as Kingkaew / HomePro for that u-turn. As someone already mentioned you can take the u-turn flyover at Tesco Ram 2 and get the ramp straight into Ikea - Mega.

Seems like those with GPS should turn them off. Ikea is really easy to get to and is well signposted. If coming from Pattaya and your on the elevated Bang-na trad rd, get off at the Bang Plee exit and keep going for about 5Km, you really can't miss it.

As for the shop, it is refreshing to be able to take things back without jumping through hoops.

It is a bit of a nightmare but the signs are there.

If you come from Bangkok on the ground level Bang Na -Tradt you take the U-turn bridge level with IKea which on the bend of the u-turn splits take the left hand side instead of following the u-turn round and it takes you into it.

If you're coming from Chonburi just follow the lower Bang-Na Tradt and you will see signs for it. If you take the last exit just before Ikea you have to cut across the side road and the filter from Rama 2 then get across to the entrance.

As others have said there is a bus going there, there is one going from Udom Suk BTS not sure whether it's the same one previously mentioned.

Ikea on the weekends is like zombieland avoid at all costs.