Benzine Kao-where To Find

qualtrough

I visited a site dealing with camping stove fluids worldwide and found out that the nearest equivalent to the Coleman fluid used in Coleman camp stoves is known in Thailand as 'Benzine Kao', or White Benzine. A Thai reader said that it was available in stationery stores under the 'Comfort' brand name . I have visited about three different stationery stores without success. Does anyone know where I can find Benzine Kao in the BKK area?

Edited by qualtrough

I wanted to buy a Coleman style lantern not long ago and decided not to exactly because of this, the right fuel for it is not that easy to find...

I' ll get a propane lantern instead since I already have the portable gas stove. Both lantern and stove can be used at once with a small portable 5 pound(?) tank you can easily find at most corner gas shops.

I have seen the small bottle screw on fuel at Super Sports in Central Chidlom. I'm not sure if Coleman has a special fuel requirement or if this will work. They do sell a stove there and I believe it is either the Whisper lite or the MSR stove. Since I was not looking for a stove or fuel, I did not look closely at the make up, but this place probably has more camping equipment than any other store that I have seen in BKK. Might be worth checking out. Good luck.

I should have mentioned that the reason I am looking for this is because I have an old Coleman stove. I suppose I could buy one of the more modern stoves that use the propane cylinders, but I am hoping to locate some of this benzine kao and use the old Coleman. Must be around somewhere-but where??