My Bar-Mae Nam

When did this happen ? her bar was the first bar on Samui i had a beer in. it used to be on the opposite side of the road then. a lovely woman and can't think of a reason anyone would want to kill someone like her.

RIP BON sad.png

you have the wrong bar.you mean mai's bar by lomprayha turning. i am talking about MY BAR which is by the bridge,coming into mae nam on right hand side.

When did this happen ? her bar was the first bar on Samui i had a beer in. it used to be on the opposite side of the road then. a lovely woman and can't think of a reason anyone would want to kill someone like her.

RIP BON sad.png

you have the wrong bar.you mean mai's bar by lomprayha turning. i am talking about MY BAR which is by the bridge,coming into mae nam on right hand side.

Just down from the Police station ?

Coming from Nathon it is just over the bridge on the left ? yes ?

If that is the bar you are talking about then about 6 - 7 years ago it used to be on the opposite side of the road. My Bar not Mai's bar.

Had a very pretty katoey from Cambodia who spoke excellent English. Been a few years since I had a beer in there and never since it moved a few years back

Any more details on the circumstances of the shooting. The wife said nothing in the Thai papers she has seen ?

that does not mean it did not happen.As to why none of our business. If we were supposed to know then we would be told

Any more details on the circumstances of the shooting. The wife said nothing in the Thai papers she has seen ?

that does not mean it did not happen.As to why none of our business. If we were supposed to know then we would be told

I know it happened, I'm not disputing that fact

did we get out of bed the wrong side this morning ? whistling.gif

why don;t you go to the police station and ask then

why don;t you go to the police station and ask then

I'll take that as a yes then rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Original Post:

earlier this week BON(thai owner of my bar)was shot and killed.very sad.RIP my friend,you will be sorely missed

The My Bar is owned by a lady. BON a casual helper there. So please let's get our facts right before we post such topics.

Reason for shooting? Perhaps left unsaid.

• Like 1

Original Post:

earlier this week BON(thai owner of my bar)was shot and killed.very sad.RIP my friend,you will be sorely missed

The My Bar is owned by a lady. BON a casual helper there. So please let's get our facts right before we post such topics.

roo,is the fact that he was or was not the owner that important?the fact that he was killed and will be missed surely is more to the point,and that was the reason i posted it.........jeez!

Original Post:

roo,is the fact that he was or was not the owner that important?the fact that he was killed and will be missed surely is more to the point,and that was the reason i posted it.........jeez!

easy,i don;t think that post was aimed at you. but who am i to say it isimportant to get the information right as a 3rd party might look at it andthink the owner has been shot dead

Edited by BigC

Original Post:

My post was to clarify the matter as for the identity of the victim.

So the bar is NOT located on the soi leading down to the lomprayha ferries? Have a friend(gf to a mate of mine) working in my or mai bar on that soi. Yes or no?

I am sure if your mates girl friend works in the bar then she would know

I am pretty sure the op made it clear where it was or is

Like a broken record

It's before the bridging coming into manam near the police station which means it is likely to be opposite soi 1 manam

Edited by BigC

Original Post:

If facts are needed, it was originally started and owned by Khun Anong, back when it was a shed near where Enjoy Bar/Happy Bar now is, close to the Santi Buri. When she married and moved to live in Germany in 2009, she made her son, Bon a part-owner and the day-to-day manager of the bar.

The police were out in force in Bang Rak on the day Bon's body was discovered. The killer made no effort to hide the body, his tracks or his identity, other than running away from the house where he lives and the body was found. Anong has family connections with the police here and I'm sure - I hope - the killer will soon be found.

In all the years I've known him I never saw Bon without a cheery smile, even when he had to sort-out drunks at 3:00 am. He will be sorely missed.

R

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1

Bon had his funeral on Monday in the family base of Surat.

His mother, Pi Anong, has returned several weeks earlier than usual and will be staying here over Christmas and the New Year, as usual, with her husband. The bar is open again but, having looked in several times and gone away, it's now lacking in life and heart. Bon was the heart and he's gone now, so it's (at the moment) become just another bar with late-nite drunks. I'm hoping that Anong passes it on to her sister (who works there) and that things settle to somewhere near usual again after Christmas.

End of topic, I guess, and a Mae Nam era, too.

R

Edited by robsamui

thank you for your post,robsamui.

Yes, i was chatting with my mate in Maenam this morning. He has been talking with Bon's family and they will keep the bar going, Bon was a very nice young man about 29 yr old. According to my mate, it appears to be a drug related crime, but he seems to think that Bon was shot in Chaweng ?

thank you for your post,robsamui.

Yes, i was chatting with my mate in Maenam this morning. He has been talking with Bon's family and they will keep the bar going, Bon was a very nice young man about 29 yr old. According to my mate, it appears to be a drug related crime, but he seems to think that Bon was shot in Chaweng ?

that is closer to the point