What Is It With Muslims?

Belfastboy

why o'why o'why...its the same world wide.....

muslims overeact to the smallest of things..... like this cartoon...big deal...!

danish people and scandavians are now living in fear cos of these animals buring their embassies are targeting them.....because what ...because of a cartoon???!!

will all the muslims with sense plse speak up about this?!

when iran speaks of wiping all jews and non muslims off the earth....do u see christians, burning middle eastern embassies?

im open minded about most things...but this really gets my goat....

is it just me or does it seem islam is on a mission to wipe all non muslims off the planet?

Hmmmn...

This could be an emotive thread. Let's just say it's not 'all' Muslims who hold these extremist views. I have plenty of Muslim friends who think this type of violence is appalling! However, they don't like having their faith blasphemed, and nor should it be.

Edited by suegha

why o'why o'why...its the same world wide.....

muslims overeact to the smallest of things..... like this cartoon...big deal...!

danish people and scandavians are now living in fear cos of these animals buring their embassies are targeting them.....because what ...because of a cartoon???!!

will all the muslims with sense plse speak up about this?!

when iran speaks of wiping all jews and non muslims off the earth....do u see christians, burning middle eastern embassies?

im open minded about most things...but this really gets my goat....

is it just me or does it seem islam is on a mission to wipe all non muslims off the planet?

I think you're on thin ice here mate...

don't get me wrong....it may have offended some muslims...but i mean, its a bit extreme to overeact with violence...dont u think?

maybe im out of touch....?

i know its not all muslims...of course its not...and im not suggesting that it is....

but it just seems muslim extemists worldwide seem to be the butt of all problems....ie

holyland

timor

southern thailand

georgia (russia)

sudan

nigeria

indonesia

pakistan

etc etc...where theres trouble...just to me seems muslim extemists are a source of causing it...

now dont over react..this is my personal opinion....

just need to express it PEACEFULLY

Lol, and Danish pork chops!

I can understand both sides..... read "the Warriors of God" (a great book) which chronicles the one of the crusades with King Richard and Saladin. The crusaders were to put it quite bluntly - barbaric. Saladin was a "gentleman" warrior ( to the extent thats possible ). I think what we are seeing today is a extension of 1000 years of tension. Its clear that Osama and Hussein and their compariots are nothing of the caliber of Saladin.

Before the Brits ( and the league of nations ) put Israel on the map, there was not much tension in that area. ( and thus the Iranian president making statements such as "why dont u put Israel some where in US or UK territory"). If memory serves me right, the Jewish terrorists made life difficult for the brits mid last century, and thus a terrorist organization became a legitimate government. Funny to see that the israeli's now dont want to talk to Hamas, which were terrorists becoming legit.

There are many ways to cut the cake, but until both sides realize that violence will achieve nothing, we are doomed to see the continuation of violence.

For the record, I am Athiest. ( so I am in neither camp! )

Lol, and Danish pork chops!

I can understand both sides..... read "the Warriors of God" (a great book) which chronicles the one of the crusades with King Richard and Saladin. The crusaders were to put it quite bluntly - barbaric. Saladin was a "gentleman" warrior ( to the extent thats possible ). I think what we are seeing today is a extension of 1000 years of tension. Its clear that Osama and Hussein and their compariots are nothing of the caliber of Saladin.

Before the Brits ( and the league of nations ) put Israel on the map, there was not much tension in that area. ( and thus the Iranian president making statements such as "why dont u put Israel some where in US or UK territory"). If memory serves me right, the Jewish terrorists made life difficult for the brits mid last century, and thus a terrorist organization became a legitimate government. Funny to see that the israeli's now dont want to talk to Hamas, which were terrorists becoming legit.

There are many ways to cut the cake, but until both sides realize that violence will achieve nothing, we are doomed to see the continuation of violence.

For the record, I am Athiest. ( so I am in neither camp! )

Does this discussion really belong in a forum about expat life in Thailand?