Why Many Thai Men Have Ear Piercing ?

duiter

More and more men in the West have their ears pierced, probably for the same reason as men in Thailand; fashion.

In the 16th century Europe more men had their ears pierced than women.

When I was young, in the UK at least, the right ear meant you were gay and the left meant you were a Gypsy; but I think these days whether a man has one ear or the other, or both, pierced has no significance other than his personal taste.

Used to be a left ear piercing indicated a sailor has crossed the equator. As 7by7 alluded to, left was a gay person who was dominant, right was submissive. Later right ear was gay and the US just the opposite. Believe now having a pierced ear just means you have a pierced ear. wink.png So, suspect Thailand it is just fashion as in many other places.

Had that done once back in the 80's I think it was, lasted about 3 hrs , how the hell they get other extremities done is beyond me, guess I'm just a wusss

But little bolts through the johnson and handcuffs and a chain across the....the....give me a sec....uumm...the garden...is beyond me, man that must kill !

and through the tongue, whats that all about ?

Edited by CharlieH

I don't know where the OP found so many Thai men with ear piercing, I don't really know any, within my close friends at least. I find that tattoo nowadays are much more popular than piercings

Edited by JurgenG