Is It Cultural Or A Personal Trait ?

CharlieH

As a rule they hate confrontation and avoid it at all costs,this is very evident with my girlfriend and it gets right up my nose to,wont speak up when the food order is wrong,won't confront when she knows as well as I do that we are trying to be ripped off for 20 baht because she has a Farang in tow,it goes on and on through a wide spectrum of situations,but gradually she is starting to see it from my perspective and accept that where I come from things are done differently and mai pen rai isn't the only answer.

I guess, she's starting to understand who is paying the bills. whistling.gif

She knew from day one who was paying the bills it started with one in a bar old mate.

Wow, I would never have guessed.

Of course not you are Thai visas resident know everything about everyones life and everything Thailand.

Back on topic,so is this disdain for not caring for their BF/Husbands and non confrontation a trait of prostitutes and former bar girls only or does it apply to highly educated and well informed Thai women only as this seems to be your implication,and the way as usual that this topic is being taken for a change.

Edited by stoneyboy

Well IMHO, the will not to create a fuss over nothing is simply a polite trait which is common in all polite people of all Nationalities, regardless of wealth and/or education.

In Thailand it might be difficult for a woman with roots in the countryside to stand up for his foreign husband or boy friend, given the strong Nationalistic imput the get since early age.

Just a thought.

The misses was very non confrontational when i met her and would be mad at me when i would take a stand in public. Then she let me do my thing for a while, and now after a few trips back to the USA and living with me for a few years she now "gets it" so to speak and is starting to put up with less garbage herself. I have also started letting more things go, so we have reached a happy median....

great posts... I usually take care of the prices etc. and pay for things between me and my wife. I find getting ripped off here annoying not to be worth the time or frustration of communicating across the language barrier. I don't feel like aruging 3minutes about 20B, but my wife (filipino) will go bitch them out while I watch from the seat laughing that shes got the little thais cowering in fear and rushing her 20B back faster than you've ever seen a thai move