Alternative To Maczone?

MamaSan

Go past the Nimmanhaemin intersection on Huay Keau road about 100 meters and on your right hand side is a small Mac repair shop. He speaks some English and has very reasonable prices.

Is there a name, a sign, anything easily spotted if in a car?

Go past the Nimmanhaemin intersection on Huay Keau road about 100 meters and on your right hand side is a small Mac repair shop. He speaks some English and has very reasonable prices.

How much was that to replace the iPhone screen?

Is there a name, a sign, anything easily spotted if in a car?

I concur, a name would be great, and the cost(s) of previous service would be cool too. I need to have my home button replaced on my iPhone before it drives me round the bend.

His phone number is 0813467051. I believe the name of the shop is Mac. If you are coming from the moat going towards Doi Suthep after you past the Nimman intersection on your right hand side will be a night market he is between this market and the first possible U-turn.It is not a legal U-turn but a possible U-turn. prices are very reasonable.

His phone number is 0813467051. I believe the name of the shop is Mac. If you are coming from the moat going towards Doi Suthep after you past the Nimman intersection on your right hand side will be a night market he is between this market and the first possible U-turn.It is not a legal U-turn but a possible U-turn. prices are very reasonable.

Puuurrfect (sorry) info. I know where all of that is , thanks a lot. thumbsup.gif

(edit) Just found it on Google Maps - 18.802671,98.965637

Edited by DowntownAl

It's interesting by the way how MacZone managed to go from THE go-to place for Mac related things to a place to be shunned. Would almost have taken effort to screw up a good thing.

Don't know about for others but my experience with them was they don't know what they are doing. I had a new HD installed in my macbook and then the wifi didn't work after, I even checked it before I left the repair shop but he said the wifi in the mall was bad, highly doubt it was not working as it has never worked properly since. Not sure if it was the only game in town then, but I figured the Apple Shop would know how to fix things. Oh and when they didn't install correctly all my pics and music I bought it to the Airport shop and they just erased 20,000 songs and all my pics from yrs. of travel. Yes I had a back-up but that can't be too hard to do

• 2 weeks later...

Be Careful of Khun Krit.

I also wanted a change from Maczone so I took my mackbook to Khun Krit in Huay Gaew Rd. I needed a new track pad and wanted a new hard drive. The track pad cracked the first evening i used it and my mac crashed . I took it back but Krit was not their, I finally managed to contact him on the phone and he said he would get back to me,he never did.

I went to the shop several times but he was always away and talked to the two "technicans"(they were both 2nd year computor students) their they told me that I would loose all my data as the files had been corrupted. I then went back to Mac zone, the hard drive and track pad that Krit had installed were second hand ( he had guarenteed me they were new) and it was obvious just looking at them.

Krit buys cheap second hand mac parts on line and installs them stating they are new, that is why his guarantee on the his product's are only for a few months and his so called technicans do not have a clue. He is cheaper for a reason

Maczone installed a new hard drive and track pad and it has been runnning fine since.

I think that people have to understand what the rather explosive interest in Mac computers has wrought. MacZone has become an undeserved target of criticism, in my view. It isn't that you will get poor service all the time --- people don't post favorable service on TV Chiang Mai very often (!) ---- but over the long haul you'll probably be ahead of the game with them. That does NOT mean that there are not other good people in town, but their investment in the business is minimal.

No, I do not have any interest in the store!

Hi, i am sukrit from macshop (mac : max service on yours mac)

i would like to apologies for what had happened. I feel terribly bad that i have disappointed you.

Dear Mamasan, I am very apologizing for slow repairing process because I had waited for spare part from supplier. So, I apology for slow process because we want you to get a good spare part.

Dear pingping, I think you misunderstood going to the wrong shop because in last few month I have never changed track pad and HD. So, I think you may be misunderstanding between the shop you went to fired your mac and mine. Apprentice has been start working for three weeks ago. So, I had no apprentice in my shop at that time.

i guarantee that all of spare part changed is working properly and I have no idea to change second hand spare part and pretend it were new.

if you have problem you can go to my shop or call to me 080 - 5553297

And thanks for all your help and advise customers well all the time.

Best Regards.

sukrit yongsawat

post-168362-0-94694300-1352658726_thumb.

Edited by sukrito

Be Careful of Khun Krit.

I also wanted a change from Maczone so I took my mackbook to Khun Krit in Huay Gaew Rd. I needed a new track pad and wanted a new hard drive. The track pad cracked the first evening i used it and my mac crashed . I took it back but Krit was not their, I finally managed to contact him on the phone and he said he would get back to me,he never did.

I went to the shop several times but he was always away and talked to the two "technicans"(they were both 2nd year computor students) their they told me that I would loose all my data as the files had been corrupted. I then went back to Mac zone, the hard drive and track pad that Krit had installed were second hand ( he had guarenteed me they were new) and it was obvious just looking at them.

Krit buys cheap second hand mac parts on line and installs them stating they are new, that is why his guarantee on the his product's are only for a few months and his so called technicans do not have a clue. He is cheaper for a reason

Maczone installed a new hard drive and track pad and it has been runnning fine since.

Pingping has just told me that the shop he went to is on the left side of the road, if driving towards the mountain. He went to a different shop, as Khun Krits shop is on the RIGHT hand side if driving to the mountain. The shop pingping went to has a coffee shop attached to it on the front. He really should be more careful before posting about bad service from a shop he has never even been to. I have been to Khun Krits shop many times, and if it was open, he was there alone. Never was I there when there were two workers, because he did not have any workers.

Pingping should apologize for slandering the wrong shop. CM needs shops like Khun Krits, and I would hate to see his reputation damaged due to mis information.

+1

I had the same experience at the shop on the other side of the street as Pingping where I paid for a new HD and they installed a 7 yr old one which did not work. In my case it was originally from at store in Pantip Plaza in CM and still had the old warranty sticker with the name and date of purchase. They confirmed this when I went to where it was purchased to check it out. I warned of this shop called OrangeMac earlier in this thread. When I brought it back the owner kept my computer and said it was being checked in their HQ which I went to and it was a folding table in the hall upstairs of a computer center on the Super hiway near 107. They didn't have any test equipment just a couple of young guys and some screw drivers etc. and my computer just sitting there turned off. I doubt I would have gotten my money back had I not taken a loaner, and I mean I just grabbed a laptop on my way out and told him I was borrowing it until mine was fixed. After they had mine for weeks I then went and took mine from the HQ as well. I met the owner to give me my money and give him his computer back but he showed up with no money and threatened to call the police. I called his bluff and he only went to the ATM when I told him he had 3 min. or I'm leaving with both computers and I was done with his nonsense, never the less it was in deserted parking lot and I was obviously pretty pissed off with all his lies, wasting my time, stealing from me etc., and I was not shy in expressing my feelings. Glad that the Khun Krit has got a clean bill of health and will be sure to give him a try next time my computer doesn't.

This gets more fascinating...

Thinking I may have acted prematurely, I PM'd our Mr Su"krit"o and asked him to contact me when the part does arrive. His response was to nearly double the price to 11,000 with the following explanation: "yes, last time. i told you 6000 for repair graphic card. but i am think. if i am repair to you. i am afraid have problem late. So i think best way. You should change new logic board ."

Can anyone translate this please?

Thinking I may have acted prematurely, I PM'd our Mr Su"krit"o and asked him to contact me when the part does arrive. His response was to nearly double the price to 11,000 with the following explanation: "yes, last time. i told you 6000 for repair graphic card. but i am think. if i am repair to you. i am afraid have problem late. So i think best way. You should change new logic board ."

I think he would like to say " Yes, last time I told you 6,000 Baht for graphic card repairing. But I think if we repair this, you will have a problem later. So the best way is to change new logic board which costs 11,000 Baht" Not sure if this makes sense though.

6,000 for repairing

11,000 for changing

• Like 1

I went to the "Orange Mac Cafe" just past Punna residence on the left going towards Doi Suthep, the owners name is Khun Krit. So it looks like there are 2 Mac shops on the same road who's owners share the same name.

I have not been to Khun Krit'shop on the right hand side, I did not even know it existed until these posts, but I will definitely check his shop out if I need repairs again.

I think he would like to say " Yes, last time I told you 6,000 Baht for graphic card repairing. But I think if we repair this, you will have a problem later. So the best way is to change new logic board which costs 11,000 Baht" Not sure if this makes sense though.

6,000 for repairing

11,000 for changing

Anybody know if a graphic card is the same as a logic board, then?

OP, you sound confused about a number of things. Finding the answer to your problems here on a general forum really won't work. Go to the next Expats Club meeting --- or to the next meeting of the Expats Club computer user group. Information is on line. Someone should be able to spend the time to help you directly.

Anybody know if a graphic card is the same as a logic board, then?

This depends entirely on your Macbook model. Some had discrete graphics boards, most of the newer ones no longer do, and everything's integrated on the main board. Replacing the discrete graphics card, in cases where that's possible, can sometimes yield to associated problems - that's probably what khun krit was concerned about. The mother board part usually comes with the discrete video card. It might also be (more likely) that he thought you had a board with discrete graphics, and then realized you didn't.

It's Thailand, so instead of saying "oops, I misread your hardware", he'd be giving you the story about "afraid have problem late". Unless you know exactly what you have, I'd go along with his recommendation, if he assures you that this fixes it.

6,000 for repairing

11,000 for changing

Thank you.

• Like 1