Alternative To Maczone?

MamaSan

I went to the "Orange Mac Cafe" just past Punna residence on the left going towards Doi Suthep, the owners name is Khun Krit. So it looks like there are 2 Mac shops on the same road who's owners share the same name.

I have not been to Khun Krit'shop on the right hand side, I did not even know it existed until these posts, but I will definitely check his shop out if I need repairs again.

No problem But should be edit what you posted earlier. Because I'm afraid that people would understand.

Thank you.

• Like 1

I agree the Mac Cafe place on the left (heading towards Doi Sutep) should be avoided.

I ordered a MacBook battery from him.

All I received was lies over the course of 3 weeks.

But he did give me my deposit back when I went to the shop & confronted him.

Very nice to see that Khun Krit (sukrito) is concerned about customer satisfaction, cares about repeat business and makes a concerted effort to be understood and correct himself when he is not or has maken a mistake.

I totally agree that "Sukrito" has been done a dirty deal, and at the very least deserves an apology.

Curious about the shop (which I hadn't heard of before) and having an odd problem with a computer, I went by the other day.

The shop is indeed on the north side of Huay Kaeo about 100M past the Rincombe intersection (Superhighway/Nimmenhamen) just to the west (That's toward Doi Suthep) of the large night market area. As noted above, if traveling west, you can make (an illegal) U-turn quite handily up the road in front of the Chiang Mai Polytechnic College to head back East. The computer shop is NOT well-marked. It is adjacent to a corner restaurant that is on a small drive leading to a very handy parking lot. But call first. Sukrito is a one-man operation. Use this telephone number: 080-555-3297.

So, what about my computer problem? We worked it out together once I provided all the necessary information. No charge. And he offered to clean the computer, which is getting quite old. Again, at no charge. The machine works fine now.

I have no particular beef with MacZone with whom I have dealt for years, but since that enterprise has been growing so rapidly, I do suspect that the staff expertise is uneven. In any case, even if you never become a geek, I suggest that becoming more familiar with your computer, doing the tutorials, reading the manual, and so on is something we all haves responsibility to do. Just dumping a problem (usually with inadequate description of the difficulty and little basic understanding of how computers operate) in the lap of a techie and then later, perhaps --- as i sometimes read on this forum --- alluding to some sort of Thai conspiracy to rip you off is not admirable.

Yes, OP, Sukrito deserves your apology. In person and right here on this forum!

This gets more fascinating...

Thinking I may have acted prematurely, I PM'd our Mr Su"krit"o and asked him to contact me when the part does arrive. His response was to nearly double the price to 11,000 with the following explanation: "yes, last time. i told you 6000 for repair graphic card. but i am think. if i am repair to you. i am afraid have problem late. So i think best way. You should change new logic board ."

Can anyone translate this please?

I think he would like to say " Yes, last time I told you 6,000 Baht for graphic card repairing. But I think if we repair this, you will have a problem later. So the best way is to change new logic board which costs 11,000 Baht" Not sure if this makes sense though.

6,000 for repairing

11,000 for changing

You could be right. But if you look at his reply you will notice he said nothing about another part being needed. His post was after he had the machine that he said ten days to fix for 16 days.

The OP had picked it up and he said nothing about another part being needed until the OP posted their experience here then all of a sudden with the machine no longer in his presence he says it needs another piece why did he not say that when the OP picked it up.

Here is his first post before the OP posted their experience. With the 16 days ignored.

"

Posted 2012-11-12 01:32:19

Hi, i am sukrit from macshop (mac : max service on yours mac)

i would like to apologies for what had happened. I feel terribly bad that i have disappointed you.

Dear Mamasan, I am very apologizing for slow repairing process because I had waited for spare part from supplier. So, I apology for slow process because we want you to get a good spare part.

Dear pingping, I think you misunderstood going to the wrong shop because in last few month I have never changed track pad and HD. So, I think you may be misunderstanding between the shop you went to fired your mac and mine. Apprentice has been start working for three weeks ago. So, I had no apprentice in my shop at that time.

i guarantee that all of spare part changed is working properly and I have no idea to change second hand spare part and pretend it were new.

if you have problem you can go to my shop or call to me 080 - 5553297

And thanks for all your help and advise customers well all the time.

Best Regards.

sukrit yongsawat "

Perhaps he is a great repair man but they can have their off days as well as a crap repairman have their on days. But this had nothing to do with the repairing it was the misrepresenting of the events. How did he know it needed another part and why did he not tell the OP when they picked it up.

This whole thing is crazy one guy say's

"So, what about my computer problem? We worked it out together once I provided all the necessary information. No charge. And he offered to clean the computer, which is getting quite old. Again, at no charge. The machine works fine now."

A sterling recommendation you work it out with the expert.

Another one suggested the OP learn about computers them selves.

I myself am tech challenged and if my machine needs fixing I take it into a expert so far no problem. If I ever got that kind of a run around I would sure as heck not recommend them I would recommend stay away.

A good repairman would have told the person the minute they found out that another part was needed. Not just let it set on a shelf 6 days longer than they said and when the OP picks it up say not a word about the other piece it needed. Only after they had read the persons lagitiment complaint on TV do they mention the part.

Edited by hellodolly

This gets more fascinating...

Thinking I may have acted prematurely, I PM'd our Mr Su"krit"o and asked him to contact me when the part does arrive. His response was to nearly double the price to 11,000 with the following explanation: "yes, last time. i told you 6000 for repair graphic card. but i am think. if i am repair to you. i am afraid have problem late. So i think best way. You should change new logic board ."

Can anyone translate this please?

I think he would like to say " Yes, last time I told you 6,000 Baht for graphic card repairing. But I think if we repair this, you will have a problem later. So the best way is to change new logic board which costs 11,000 Baht" Not sure if this makes sense though.

6,000 for repairing

11,000 for changing

You could be right. But if you look at his reply you will notice he said nothing about another part being needed. His post was after he had the machine that he said ten days to fix for 16 days.

The OP had picked it up and he said nothing about another part being needed until the OP posted their experience here then all of a sudden with the machine no longer in his presence he says it needs another piece why did he not say that when the OP picked it up.

Here is his first post before the OP posted their experience. With the 16 days ignored.

"

Posted 2012-11-12 01:32:19

Hi, i am sukrit from macshop (mac : max service on yours mac)

i would like to apologies for what had happened. I feel terribly bad that i have disappointed you.

Dear Mamasan, I am very apologizing for slow repairing process because I had waited for spare part from supplier. So, I apology for slow process because we want you to get a good spare part.

Dear pingping, I think you misunderstood going to the wrong shop because in last few month I have never changed track pad and HD. So, I think you may be misunderstanding between the shop you went to fired your mac and mine. Apprentice has been start working for three weeks ago. So, I had no apprentice in my shop at that time.

i guarantee that all of spare part changed is working properly and I have no idea to change second hand spare part and pretend it were new.

if you have problem you can go to my shop or call to me 080 - 5553297

And thanks for all your help and advise customers well all the time.

Best Regards.

sukrit yongsawat "

Perhaps he is a great repair man but they can have their off days as well as a crap repairman have their on days. But this had nothing to do with the repairing it was the misrepresenting of the events. How did he know it needed another part and why did he not tell the OP when they picked it up.

This whole thing is crazy one guy say's

"So, what about my computer problem? We worked it out together once I provided all the necessary information. No charge. And he offered to clean the computer, which is getting quite old. Again, at no charge. The machine works fine now."

A sterling recommendation you work it out with the expert.

Another one suggested the OP learn about computers them selves.

I myself am tech challenged and if my machine needs fixing I take it into a expert so far no problem. If I ever got that kind of a run around I would sure as heck not recommend them I would recommend stay away.

A good repairman would have told the person the minute they found out that another part was needed. Not just let it set on a shelf 6 days longer than they said and when the OP picks it up say not a word about the other piece it needed. Only after they had read the persons lagitiment complaint on TV do they mention the part.

This post, does not make ANY sense to me, and in my opinion, is worthless. What is of value is that myself, and many others have gave an account of our positive experience dealing with Khun Krit, and others have voiced they negative experience dealing with the mac orange shop.

Why you are "investigating" what ever it is you are, I do not know. But its akin to going off on a tangent with a bull whip flogging a dead hoarse.

This topic is of value as it points people in the right direction to a shop that is fair and honest as an alternative to having their mac products repaired. I have had 3 or 4 positive experiences with Khun Krit and his shop, and just as many negative ones with mac zone.

Your right your post makes no sense.

A person posted a negative experience with a shop. and a lot of people deny the OP the right to post.

You are sadly mistaken this thread it was not started as an advertisement for a shop. Read the OPs posts and then the shop owners post in sequence and you will have a better idea. Maybe the shop is a good one. If you had bothered to read my post I said even the good ones have their off days and the bad ones have their good days. I will grant you he s the best in the world

But when he says 10 days and in 16 days when the OP goes into get it and nothing is done yet he returns it. Later when the OP posts here he posts that the part was not in yet and in later posts says it needed another part even though he has not seen the machine again. I would question his honesty.

But you just keep on praising him and ignore that kind of treatment to some one else who had the nerve to post their real life experience that did not match yours. Why don't you start a thread praising him?bah.gif

Edited by hellodolly

Yes, I will keep praising him as I have had nothing but positive experience's with him repairing my mac products. The way you keep going on about how he said 10 days and it took 16 days, and your general attitude, reminds me of those Farung that just seem to have problems where ever they go in Thailand, and always compare it to how it would be done in their country. You know the type?

I was not there when the OP went in, so I will not comment on what really happened. All I know is its easy for things to get mixed up when one does not speak Thai.

From living here I have learned to not get worked up over the small stuff, and take the time to try to understand whatever transaction I am doing, all the while being polite and jai yen. It works wonders and life here is....relaxed

+1 Well put!

Too many expats seem not to seize the lovely day in Thailand. Instead of carpe diem, they seem to prefer carping daily!!

Edited by Mapguy
  • Like 1

Yes, I will keep praising him as I have had nothing but positive experience's with him repairing my mac products. The way you keep going on about how he said 10 days and it took 16 days, and your general attitude, reminds me of those Farung that just seem to have problems where ever they go in Thailand, and always compare it to how it would be done in their country. You know the type?

I was not there when the OP went in, so I will not comment on what really happened. All I know is its easy for things to get mixed up when one does not speak Thai.

From living here I have learned to not get worked up over the small stuff, and take the time to try to understand whatever transaction I am doing, all the while being polite and jai yen. It works wonders and life here is....relaxed

Well said but if you start in the middle you don't know what you are talking about. I read all the posts and no where does it say it took 16 days. It says the poster picked it up after 16 days and it was still untouched. But your mind is made up and it is obviously a waste of time to suggest you read the posts. So I will let you dream on. As I said but it probably went over your head even the best have their off day. Being Thai though you can't lose face so the excuses started.

I quote you here.

"take the time to try to understand whatever transaction I am doing,"

by ignoring the posts that you don't like great system.

• 1 month later...

I think that people have to understand what the rather explosive interest in Mac computers has wrought. MacZone has become an undeserved target of criticism, in my view. It isn't that you will get poor service all the time --- people don't post favorable service on TV Chiang Mai very often (!) ---- but over the long haul you'll probably be ahead of the game with them. That does NOT mean that there are not other good people in town, but their investment in the business is minimal.

No, I do not have any interest in the store!

I have had two good experiences at the MacZone but unfortunately the honeymoon ended hard on the third time. Regarding the long haul, I think a customer will be happier with an Apple approved store.

I thought Maczone was the Apple approved reseller here (not sure what that exactly means)

I'm referring to the place up across from Lanna 3 near CMU. It is a coffee shop/Mac repair place and they sell used equipment. Did I get the name of the place wrong?

I believe that's Orange Mac where I had downright criminal service (not sure where Lanna 3 is but if your talking about the one on Huay Kaew Rd. on left coming from old City just after Canal Rd. which has coffee and small restaurant and sells lots of used equipment we are talking about the same one)

I believe that's Orange Mac where I had downright criminal service (not sure where Lanna 3 is but if your talking about the one on Huay Kaew Rd. on left coming from old City just after Canal Rd. which has coffee and small restaurant and sells lots of used equipment we are talking about the same one)

That is indeed the one, right next to the new Punna residence. Thanks for the correction. As I said before, I had two positive experiences there but it all ended on the third.