Taking A Myanmar Girl To Europe

the OP is a German and has the advantage that German law recognises all marriages which are legal in the country where the marriage ceremony is conducted. if he could manage to take his Kachin girl to India any religious ceremony Hindu, Muslim, Christian or Sikh will do. the only paperwork required are the IDs of the couple and verbal assurances that either party is free to marry according to their home country's law.

next step is to take a hand written piece of paper from the Pundit-Ji, Imam, Mullah, Bhai or Priest to the next German diplomatic mission in India, have the marriage for a small fee registered and get a receipt "marriage registered in ledger 2012, # 723, fees paid € 12.50".

sorry, only now i realised that the OP is aware of specific German laws. however, the Myanmar version will be most probably rejected by the embassy in case Myanmar law does not recognise a religious marriage.

"Evidence of existing marriage depending on personal circumstances, i. e. in form of an Affidavit of Marriage established at the beginning of the marriage (for Bamar Buddhists), a

Christian marriage certificate (for Christians) or a Nikah Namah (for Muslims)."

the interpretation and limitations of the German embassy in Yangon are not in line with German law. the marriage of a Christian and a Muslim married by a Hindu priest in India will be registered by a German consulate or the Embassy in India and recognised.

Naam that's very interesting! Thank you kindly for sharing your wealth of knowledge.

A little bit beyond the OP's initial concern and interest (please excuse my tangential curiosity), I assume, if one gets married in India than one is married according to Indian law and will enjoy the benefits of Indian law in terms of naming, obligations for caring for the spouse and children (and in the unlikely event of resolving the marriage, must of course do so according to Indian law).

Edited by Morakot

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a problem with the ladies ?. coffee1.gif

Why? Over a period of 11 years, no big deal.

Have 3 children with two of the Thai women who visited with me Europe

and I am more or less with three of the 4 who visited me still in contact even relationships.

Living with one permanently, most of the year.

Next week, good possibility that I sleep,have Sex with all three in a weeks time period.

As one has bigger problems in her new 3 or 4? year relationship with a younger Thai man and went back to her families village with our son where I still have our (her) house in a renting contract and visit my son.

No, I do not think I have problems with women, they maybe with my polygamy? rolleyes.gif

You should ask the thousands of guys who change their Sex partners nearly every night in SEA, not me.wink.png

Your setting a bad example with your bs. Maybe your part of Austria is cool with all that, but the places I visited wouldn't be too happy.

Why not open a new thread and have a really interesting discussion on the perception of Austrian polygamy in South-East Asia, the potential discursive effects this may have in online forums, or what an untalented painter from Braunau -with a criminal record- would have said to all this...

Edited by Morakot

Ok kid, here it is.

All these silverback men telling you how cool they are with kids and Thai wives / GFs etc etc are nearly all baby-boomers in their 50s and 60s. They might as well be from another time and era compared to either my or your generation and act very differently.

So take what they say with a cool head.

My advice to you:

Live with her for 3 - 6 months. See if you actually get on together first. At least that way you don't get deeper into a situation

Don't try bringing her back to Germany unless you are dead-set on it. I see you ending up in tears after a few years.

Firstly, Asian women in nearly all the cases I've seen do not like to live in Europe for any length of time.

Outside of holiday visits the climate, culture and lets face it the fact you will get stares and possibly hassle for dating outside your race in Germany by the racists. Those racists are your fellow Germans though so try and remember that!

If you can handle all that then go for it.

Personally I think this kid is too young and basically head-over-heels with this Burmese / My. girl.

He's gonna do what he has to do anyway but

You guys encouraging him and back-slapping etc need to pull your head out your asses though. This is the 21st century, not the frikkin post-war boom!

• Like 1

Firstly, Asian women in nearly all the cases I've seen do not like to live in Europe for any length of time.

Sheer myth. I know a lot of Asian women who have been living in the UK for decades but grew up in Asia.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 2

I read your article - LINK - regarding.

"I am Malaysian Chinese and I have lived in the States for several years, and I have traveled extensively before moving here. I have learned that discrimination can come in many forms but I have never felt so threatened by the few incidents I encountered here in Munich. That said, I hope I am not alone in this. I have shared these incidents with my husband who is Deutsch but he thinks I am overreacting. For the sake of my sanity, I hope to hear that there are TTers out there who have encountered similar experiences."

I lived in Austria for more than two years (2-3 month trips) each in a period of 8 years with some Asian women and made a lot of holidays driving

and flying to and threw different European countries. Some trips with my mixed boys.

I never encountered a problem, but I can believe, staying in Vienna or other bigger city in Austria, the experiences could be much different.

Also,my GF had nearly never been alone out on the streets. I had time to stay with them.

the OP is a German and has the advantage that German law recognises all marriages which are legal in the country where the marriage ceremony is conducted. if he could manage to take his Kachin girl to India any religious ceremony Hindu, Muslim, Christian or Sikh will do. the only paperwork required are the IDs of the couple and verbal assurances that either party is free to marry according to their home country's law.

next step is to take a hand written piece of paper from the Pundit-Ji, Imam, Mullah, Bhai or Priest to the next German diplomatic mission in India, have the marriage for a small fee registered and get a receipt "marriage registered in ledger 2012, # 723, fees paid € 12.50".

sorry, only now i realised that the OP is aware of specific German laws. however, the Myanmar version will be most probably rejected by the embassy in case Myanmar law does not recognise a religious marriage.

"Evidence of existing marriage depending on personal circumstances, i. e. in form of an Affidavit of Marriage established at the beginning of the marriage (for Bamar Buddhists), a

Christian marriage certificate (for Christians) or a Nikah Namah (for Muslims)."

the interpretation and limitations of the German embassy in Yangon are not in line with German law. the marriage of a Christian and a Muslim married by a Hindu priest in India will be registered by a German consulate or the Embassy in India and recognised.

Again, personal experiences of other foreigners marrying Myanmar woman are different. And why does it matter if the embassy´s interpretation is wrong? Its the embassy that issues a visa so all I care about is what the embassy demands.

We are just going to marry in our local town in Myanmar and if the embassy isnt ok with it we will simply go to Singapore to marry again. That wasnt the question though.

Amongst native English speakers, the words 'garbage' and 'rubbish' carry strong negative overtones - verging on insulting or provocative in most circumstances.

Maybe a too literal translation from German without realising the nuances? smile.png

No, it was meant to have a negative overtone.

Edited by mingalaba

Why not open a new thread and have a really interesting discussion on the perception of Austrian polygamy in South-East Asia, the potential discursive effects this may have in online forums, or what an untalented painter from Braunau -with a criminal record- would have said to all this...

If you interested in that, do it.

I not started the discussion. Just some people have the attitude to mock about other people lifestyle and use every possibility to do so, same now!

Why not go to the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi Nana near Nana Plaza in Bangkok and shout your prayers there.

I witnessed young Christian preachers doing so at that place. I even talked with them. Why not.

But do I have to tell them, how pointless there shouting in the traffic is there?

Up to them. I made them happy, I showed my interest got a business card for the next church service,wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Your setting a bad example with your bs. Maybe your part of Austria is cool with all that, but the places I visited wouldn't be too happy.

You should ask the thousands of guys who change their Sex partners nearly every night in SEA, not me.wink.png

Why not go to the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi Nana near Nana Plaza in Bangkok and shout your prayers there.

I witnessed young Christian preachers doing so at that place. I even talked with them. Why not.

But do I have to tell them, how pointless there shouting in the traffic is there? Up to them! Up to me.

Anyway Mr."Knight" for the right cause, for a "Knight" your =choice of words= "bs", surprises me. tongue.png

"Moral indignation is in most cases about 2 percent moral, 48 percent inhibition and 50 percent envy." wink.png

You write, ".....but the places I visited wouldn't be too happy." I think you visited the -Vatican-

and in Austria, the Apostolische Nuntiatur - Vertretung vom Heiligen Stuhl in Österreich http://www.nuntiatur.at/

Because in all other places in Austria, I am a 'hero!" wai.gif No, wimp!tongue.png

16_benedictxvi.jpg

Naam that's very interesting! Thank you kindly for sharing your wealth of knowledge.

A little bit beyond the OP's initial concern and interest (please excuse my tangential curiosity), I assume, if one gets married in India than one is married according to Indian law and will enjoy the benefits of Indian law in terms of naming, obligations for caring for the spouse and children (and in the unlikely event of resolving the marriage, must of course do so according to Indian law).

a logical but incorrect assumption Morakot. of course i can only comment on how relevant laws are applied in Germany where only the fact "marriage legal in country X = marriage legal in Germany" is taken into consideration if one of the partners is a German citizen. from the moment the marriage is registered and the partners are residing in Germany German law applies exclusively in all relevant aspects.

if the latter was not the case and Indian law applied because the marriage was a "nikkah" (Muslim marriage) in India a divorce would be too easy by exclaiming "talaq,.. talaq... talaq...". a divorce based on a "nikkah" in an arabic speaking country would be legal by the husband exclaiming "taliq... taliq... taliq... which would be correct but the Urdu speaking chaps in India, Pakistan and Bangla Desh couldn't care less and insist divorcing their wives by addressing them as if they were males.

of course, some guys would like an easy divorce as described above very much... but surely not their wives laugh.png

• Like 1

a logical but incorrect assumption Morakot. of course i can only comment on how relevant laws are applied in Germany where only the fact "marriage legal in country X = marriage legal in Germany" is taken into consideration if one of the partners is a German citizen. from the moment the marriage is registered and the partners are residing in Germany German law applies exclusively in all relevant aspects.

if the latter was not the case and Indian law applied because the marriage was a "nikkah" (Muslim marriage) in India a divorce would be too easy by exclaiming "talaq,.. talaq... talaq...". a divorce based on a "nikkah" in an arabic speaking country would be legal by the husband exclaiming "taliq... taliq... taliq... which would be correct but the Urdu speaking chaps in India, Pakistan and Bangla Desh couldn't care less and insist divorcing their wives by addressing them as if they were males.

of course, some guys would like an easy divorce as described above very much... but surely not their wives laugh.png

I see! smile.png

Amongst native English speakers, the words 'garbage' and 'rubbish' carry strong negative overtones - verging on insulting or provocative in most circumstances.

Maybe a too literal translation from German without realising the nuances? smile.png

No, it was meant to have a negative overtone.

Meow!

Whether the person can adapt to another environment is totally based on it owns. There are a lot of Myanmese living in Germany,US, and almost all over the world right now. My friend,girls, are married to German and they are staying in German and have babies, don't see any problem with them. One thing for sure no Myanmese want to stay in Myanmar unless they have money.

Whether the person can adapt to another environment is totally based on it owns. There are a lot of Myanmese living in Germany,US, and almost all over the world right now. My friend,girls, are married to German and they are staying in German and have babies, don't see any problem with them. One thing for sure no Myanmese want to stay in Myanmar unless they have money.

1. Who or What are Myanmese?

2. How do you come to the conclusion that nobody (unless they have money) wants to stay in Myanmar? You are extremly condescending and arrogant if you think that everyone wants to live in Europe or the US.

3. There are extremly few Myanmar people living in Europe.

Edited by mingalaba

Myanmese=Burmese all the same.

I am a Myanmese myself but now converted to another citizen. You'r the arrogant to think nobody want to stay in another country where everything is better then in their own country. In another country, you can work as a professional and can own your own car, house,etc. Ask yourself,even Thai girls, why they want to marry farang? Thailand is far better then Myanmar.

Probably you don't see many in Europe but you can find plenty in english speaking countries.

I am a Myanmese myself but now converted to another citizen. You'r the arrogant to think nobody want to stay in another country where everything is better then in their own country. In another country, you can work as a professional and can own your own car, house,etc. Ask yourself,even Thai girls, why they want to marry farang? Thailand is far better then Myanmar.

Probably you don't see many in Europe but you can find plenty in english speaking countries.

You should be ashamed of yourself to have such a condescending attitute towards your own country. Its simply stupid to think that everybody in Myanmar wants to live in Europe or the US. The majority of Myanmar people who work oversees are unhappy and want to return quickly after they have earned some money. Apparently not everything is that great outside Myanmar. How incredibly naive to think that "everything is better outside Myanmar".

The real situation for most Myanmar people working abroad is very depressing. Most work in low-income jobs (ie maids, cleaning woman, etc) or even as prostitutes. Do you think that is a satisfying life? To be away from home and your family just to be at the bottom of another society and working for a salary that is barely better then at home??

The percentage of Myanmar people who work abroad and later life abroad permanently while making good money is very slim. The percentage of those that later can buy a house and car is even smaller.

And regarding owning your own car and house. Why cant you do that in Myanmar? If you are poor in Myanmar you will also be poor in Europe or the US. Its really that simple unfortunately. How do you think you get from poorly educated life in Myanmar to rich life in the Europe or the US? How do you think uneducated laborers are paid in the West?

The only time I have ever heard anyone using Myanmaese was some western news report. Never heard anybody in Myanmar use the term "Myanmaese". Are you sure you are Myanmar yourself or are you just talking out of your ass? And if you are really Myanmar then why the hell are you using these fake terms that are made up by western news reports?

Edited by mingalaba

OP seems a bit naive of his situation.

Anyways, what makes you think that a masters degree in Computer Science is worthless in Germany? They don't use computers in Deutschland? I bet you will find many IT related masters degree workers at Deutsche Bahn.

If anything is worthless it will be her lack of German work experience. That will make it more difficult for her to find an IT related job in Germany.

Anyways, what makes you think that a masters degree in Computer Science is worthless in Germany? They don't use computers in Deutschland? I bet you will find many IT related masters degree workers at Deutsche Bahn.

If anything is worthless it will be her lack of German work experience. That will make it more difficult for her to find an IT related job in Germany.

The degree is from a university in Myanmar. Thats enough reason to make it basically worthless in Europe

The degree is from a university in Myanmar. Thats enough reason to make it basically worthless in Europe

As a computer science degree holder, I will respectfully dis-agree with you. She would be learning the same programming languages and techniques as anyone else in the world. There are plenty of Thai\Indian\Chinese computer science students that are employed here in the US.

Maybe Germany is different (worse).

• 2 weeks later...

Anniecho, what are you hoping to happen? Are you hoping to get married so that you can live in the US? Or you just want to have a ceremony and not worry about all the US immigration work?

We may wish to eventually live in the USA. but for now we will remain in Thailand.

Anniecho - it may be useful for you to start a topic to find out information which relates to your situation.

I would suggest choosing one of the following forums:

Visas and migration to other countries

Myanmar Forum - General Topics

Click on Start New Topic, and then enter a topic title which describes the information you are after.

eg Procedure for Myanmar citizen to marry US citizen in Thailand - any advice?

Then post asking for the informaton you are seeking.

Hope this helps

SVB

• Like 1

You should be ashamed of yourself to have such a condescending attitute towards your own country. Its simply stupid to think that everybody in Myanmar wants to live in Europe or the US. The majority of Myanmar people who work oversees are unhappy and want to return quickly after they have earned some money. Apparently not everything is that great outside Myanmar. How incredibly naive to think that "everything is better outside Myanmar".

The real situation for most Myanmar people working abroad is very depressing. Most work in low-income jobs (ie maids, cleaning woman, etc) or even as prostitutes. Do you think that is a satisfying life? To be away from home and your family just to be at the bottom of another society and working for a salary that is barely better then at home??

The percentage of Myanmar people who work abroad and later life abroad permanently while making good money is very slim. The percentage of those that later can buy a house and car is even smaller.

And regarding owning your own car and house. Why cant you do that in Myanmar? If you are poor in Myanmar you will also be poor in Europe or the US. Its really that simple unfortunately. How do you think you get from poorly educated life in Myanmar to rich life in the Europe or the US? How do you think uneducated laborers are paid in the West?

The only time I have ever heard anyone using Myanmaese was some western news report. Never heard anybody in Myanmar use the term "Myanmaese". Are you sure you are Myanmar yourself or are you just talking out of your ass? And if you are really Myanmar then why the hell are you using these fake terms that are made up by western news reports?

Oh dear,you seem very young and naive,I think you're about to get a harsh lesson in reality!

Unfortunately life isn't a fairytale and to question why someone from Myanmar would want to live under a dictatorial military junta/regime,with an atrocious record on human rights makes me question just how long you've spent in Burma?

Did you just go there on a visa run and fall in love on the first day there or something?rolleyes.gif