Taking A Myanmar Girl To Europe

Myanmese=Burmese all the same.

I am a Myanmese myself but now converted to another citizen. You'r the arrogant to think nobody want to stay in another country where everything is better then in their own country. In another country, you can work as a professional and can own your own car, house,etc. Ask yourself,even Thai girls, why they want to marry farang? Thailand is far better then Myanmar.

Probably you don't see many in Europe but you can find plenty in english speaking countries.

You should be ashamed of yourself to have such a condescending attitute towards your own country. Its simply stupid to think that everybody in Myanmar wants to live in Europe or the US. The majority of Myanmar people who work oversees are unhappy and want to return quickly after they have earned some money. Apparently not everything is that great outside Myanmar. How incredibly naive to think that "everything is better outside Myanmar".

The real situation for most Myanmar people working abroad is very depressing. Most work in low-income jobs (ie maids, cleaning woman, etc) or even as prostitutes. Do you think that is a satisfying life? To be away from home and your family just to be at the bottom of another society and working for a salary that is barely better then at home??

The percentage of Myanmar people who work abroad and later life abroad permanently while making good money is very slim. The percentage of those that later can buy a house and car is even smaller.

And regarding owning your own car and house. Why cant you do that in Myanmar? If you are poor in Myanmar you will also be poor in Europe or the US. Its really that simple unfortunately. How do you think you get from poorly educated life in Myanmar to rich life in the Europe or the US? How do you think uneducated laborers are paid in the West?

The only time I have ever heard anyone using Myanmaese was some western news report. Never heard anybody in Myanmar use the term "Myanmaese". Are you sure you are Myanmar yourself or are you just talking out of your ass? And if you are really Myanmar then why the hell are you using these fake terms that are made up by western news reports?

Oh dear,you seem very young and naive,I think you're about to get a harsh lesson in reality!

Unfortunately life isn't a fairytale and to question why someone from Myanmar would want to live under a dictatorial military junta/regime,with an atrocious record on human rights makes me question just how long you've spent in Burma?

Did you just go there on a visa run and fall in love on the first day there or something?rolleyes.gif

Have you even been there? Or just copying what some international media agency is telling you?

Its not me who is naive but you if you think everyone wants to leave his home country just because his home country, in your western opinion at least, sucks.

I know plenty of Myanmar people who used to work in Thailand, Singapore, UAE etc. and they are more then happy to come back after they have earned some money. I wonder why that is???

But obviously you are the expert on Myanmar after all you probably been there for years and know thousands of Myanmar people who work abroad. cheesy.gif

Everyone who has been to Myanmar and did more then just sight seeing with a tour guide in Bagan and Inle lake knows that the majority of the people are not keen on going to a foreign country.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mingalaba,

Anyways, I would be thankful for every answer. I´d also appreciate links to reports of people who have experienced similiar things.

You've got some answers. But it seems to me that you you are the king of wisdom and you don't "appreciate" them. Therfore, why did you ask for answers to your questions? Your "thankfulness" is very rude.

Besides specific problems for Asian ladies in a Western country (culture, food, family etc.) there is one point you cannot generalise. That's the character of the lady's boyfriend or husband. If these men are lovely, smart, sympathetic, honest, thoughtful - to name some qualities - the ladies follow you nearly to everywhere. If not, you have the reason why so many are getting homesick. Of course, it depends on the lady's character, too.

I know more than one lady married and living in Germany and having children who would never like to return to their home country in China or Vietnam, except for a holiday. I know also one divorced Thai lady living in Germany because her husband was butterflying. My Thai partner met a Thai widow on the flight to Germany who wouldn't like to return to Thailand for ever.

I worry about your girlfriend. Guess, why?

• Like 1

Thanks for your condescending post.

Please read again and show me where I ignore advice or dismiss experiences of others that regard my initial question.

BTW that was my OP:

"Does anybody have experiences how Myanmar people, or maybe SE Asians in general adapt to life in a western country?

It was not about marriages in Myanmar or stuff like "everybody in myanmar wants to go to a foreign country ASAP".

So please, show me where I dismiss posts that were actually related to my question,

Edited by mingalaba

I think she "will die" on the first so cold German winter, don't need the help from any neo-nazi.

I took my Thai wife to Europe, and at the beginning everything ok, but after some months... That wasn't the person who I knew in Thailand. We are now living in Thailand and she calmed down.

If I were you, I would find the way to stay happily in Myanmar. Soon will finish the Junta gov't, and everything will be better.

I wish you two good luck, decide what you decide to do.

Sent from my MT11i using Thaivisa Connect App

She will have finished a Masters degree in Myanmar (Computer Science), which I assume, is useless in Germany

How very German of you....

Does anybody have experiences how Myanmar people, or maybe SE Asians in general adapt to life in a western country?

I assume you have lived in Myanmar to be marrying the lass who is still at uni? If so, have you been anywhere else in SE Asia? They are quite different countries, Hans.

OP seems a bit naive of his situation.

Anyways, what makes you think that a masters degree in Computer Science is worthless in Germany? They don't use computers in Deutschland? I bet you will find many IT related masters degree workers at Deutsche Bahn.

If anything is worthless it will be her lack of German work experience. That will make it more difficult for her to find an IT related job in Germany.

The degree is from a university in Myanmar. Thats enough reason to make it basically worthless in Europe

This is untrue. To assess UK comparability look on the NARIC system. I understand that Germany is indeed a superior nation (despite its heavy reliance on vocational education though) but it will show you the degree is not worth nothing.

And none of the poo pooers have even asked if this is an acccredited university.......

• 2 weeks later...

Ok kid, here it is.

All these silverback men telling you how cool they are with kids and Thai wives / GFs etc etc are nearly all baby-boomers in their 50s and 60s. They might as well be from another time and era compared to either my or your generation and act very differently.

So take what they say with a cool head.

My advice to you:

Live with her for 3 - 6 months. See if you actually get on together first. At least that way you don't get deeper into a situation

Don't try bringing her back to Germany unless you are dead-set on it. I see you ending up in tears after a few years.

Firstly, Asian women in nearly all the cases I've seen do not like to live in Europe for any length of time.

Outside of holiday visits the climate, culture and lets face it the fact you will get stares and possibly hassle for dating outside your race in Germany by the racists. Those racists are your fellow Germans though so try and remember that!

If you can handle all that then go for it.

Personally I think this kid is too young and basically head-over-heels with this Burmese / My. girl.

He's gonna do what he has to do anyway but

You guys encouraging him and back-slapping etc need to pull your head out your asses though. This is the 21st century, not the frikkin post-war boom!

Maybe, if they're Thai since Thailand is a fairly good place to live (although it's not perfect either of course), but who in their right mind would want to go back to live in Myanmar? Any Burmese girl would surely accept racism and all that in favour of a much better lifestyle in Europe than in poor, squalid Myanmar, which has plenty of problems with racism itself (think ethnic minorities and especially the Rohingya). If westerners (say Europeans) can cope with racism in Asia, then surely Asians can cope in Europe too.

She will have finished a Masters degree in Myanmar (Computer Science), which I assume, is useless in Germany

How very German of you....

Does anybody have experiences how Myanmar people, or maybe SE Asians in general adapt to life in a western country?

I assume you have lived in Myanmar to be marrying the lass who is still at uni? If so, have you been anywhere else in SE Asia? They are quite different countries, Hans.

He's right in a sense. I doubt a degree from a Burmese university would be recognized anywhere outside of Myanmar and probably not in Germany. He could try to find out the requirements based on the local government that is in charge of foreign degree recognition, but Myanmar universities are basically unknown outside of the country so this wouldn't surprise me. Thai degrees have some chance of being recognized, but Burmese ones, in all likelihood - forget it.

Myanmese=Burmese all the same.

I am a Myanmese myself but now converted to another citizen. You'r the arrogant to think nobody want to stay in another country where everything is better then in their own country. In another country, you can work as a professional and can own your own car, house,etc. Ask yourself,even Thai girls, why they want to marry farang? Thailand is far better then Myanmar.

Probably you don't see many in Europe but you can find plenty in english speaking countries.

You should be ashamed of yourself to have such a condescending attitute towards your own country. Its simply stupid to think that everybody in Myanmar wants to live in Europe or the US. The majority of Myanmar people who work oversees are unhappy and want to return quickly after they have earned some money. Apparently not everything is that great outside Myanmar. How incredibly naive to think that "everything is better outside Myanmar".

The real situation for most Myanmar people working abroad is very depressing. Most work in low-income jobs (ie maids, cleaning woman, etc) or even as prostitutes. Do you think that is a satisfying life? To be away from home and your family just to be at the bottom of another society and working for a salary that is barely better then at home??

The percentage of Myanmar people who work abroad and later life abroad permanently while making good money is very slim. The percentage of those that later can buy a house and car is even smaller.

And regarding owning your own car and house. Why cant you do that in Myanmar? If you are poor in Myanmar you will also be poor in Europe or the US. Its really that simple unfortunately. How do you think you get from poorly educated life in Myanmar to rich life in the Europe or the US? How do you think uneducated laborers are paid in the West?

The only time I have ever heard anyone using Myanmaese was some western news report. Never heard anybody in Myanmar use the term "Myanmaese". Are you sure you are Myanmar yourself or are you just talking out of your ass? And if you are really Myanmar then why the hell are you using these fake terms that are made up by western news reports?

Oh dear,you seem very young and naive,I think you're about to get a harsh lesson in reality!

Unfortunately life isn't a fairytale and to question why someone from Myanmar would want to live under a dictatorial military junta/regime,with an atrocious record on human rights makes me question just how long you've spent in Burma?

Did you just go there on a visa run and fall in love on the first day there or something?rolleyes.gif

Have you even been there? Or just copying what some international media agency is telling you?

Its not me who is naive but you if you think everyone wants to leave his home country just because his home country, in your western opinion at least, sucks.

I know plenty of Myanmar people who used to work in Thailand, Singapore, UAE etc. and they are more then happy to come back after they have earned some money. I wonder why that is???

But obviously you are the expert on Myanmar after all you probably been there for years and know thousands of Myanmar people who work abroad. cheesy.gif

Everyone who has been to Myanmar and did more then just sight seeing with a tour guide in Bagan and Inle lake knows that the majority of the people are not keen on going to a foreign country.

I think you are talking about Thailand, not Myanmar. Burmese people would want to live abroad, given the chance. Of the few I know that live abroad, none would want to return to Myanmar, until or unless it becomes at least as desirable nation to live in as Thailand.

Myanmar has terrible human rights issues, travel restrictions, poor infrastructure, hospitals that can't help you even for small problems (a life threatening emergency in Myanmar is basically a death sentence because they don't have the facilities to treat you), they don't accept credit cards (maybe they will soon, but not just yet) and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Yes, I have been to Myanmar, but what have you been smoking. Most Burmese who claim to not want to live abroad just don't know what living abroad is like and how much better it is than living in Myanmar.