Beautiful Bird (Feathered Variety)

I think Darwin would have said, evolution has made the tail short, to prevent drag diving into and coming out of the water... wink.png

He certainly a cute little thing... small fish watch out!!.... the only King Fisher I've seen around is the lovely bright blue one, much larger of course.

I think Darwin would have said, evolution has made the tail short, to prevent drag diving into and coming out of the water... wink.png

He certainly a cute little thing... small fish watch out!!.... the only King Fisher I've seen around is the lovely bright blue one, much larger of course.

That one might be an Indian Roller Jimmy. Looks very much like a kingfisher - but isn't. Fooled me for a while. We have loads around here in Plai Laem.

http://www.flickr.co...N04/2529844505/

No, the Kingfishers have a very short tail

...& very large beaks! The White throated Kingfishers that used to* frequent the swamp around Wat Blai Laem looked almost as daft as a snow plough would if mounted on a mini:)

(*I saw idiots catapulting/netting them if they stayed too long. The swamp has since been drained)

That one might be an Indian Roller Jimmy. Looks very much like a kingfisher - but isn't. Fooled me for a while. We have loads around here in Plai Laem.

http://www.flickr.co...N04/2529844505/

Thanks Tropo, that link has a lot of pictures of Thailand birds thumbsup.gif