Futsal World Cup Stadium Will Be Ready: Bangkok Governor

webfact

FUTSAL WORLD CUP

Stadium will be ready: governor

The Nation

30192903-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok governor MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra said yesterday he would take responsibility if the Futsal World Cup stadium was not ready in time. The event will be held from November 1-18.

Sukhumbhand, who went to the Nong Chik site, said he hoped the arena would be completed by Monday. He said construction was at its height, with seats and the 25-tonne scoreboard being installed. He apologised to Bangkok residents for the failure to complete the stadium this Sunday as scheduled, as the prefabricated floor is still in China.

Some experts say the job normally takes up to 500 days to complete, but the city was trying to do it all within 270 days.

"Construction delays are not unusual. The arena covers 10 rai, with more than 30,000 square metres of used space without a central supporting pillar. We will test the arena on October 30 and no matter what FIFA decides, this futsal field will be ready from November 1," Sukhumbhand said.

The governor and members of his staff were at the site all night to provide moral support to workers.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-10-24

The same guy said, that the Big Bag Barrier was essential for Bangkoks survival of the flood...just a few days before he opened it up and the effect was...zero!

...and "no matter what FIFA says.."???

Too cute!

A great example of why Thailand will never get the World Cup or Olympics in the next 50 years even though some big name pollies like to talk up a potential bid.

Sorry I must disagree with you, more like 150 years!

So you think that a mayor setback like the massive floods of last year would happen again and again?

A great example of why Thailand will never get the World Cup or Olympics in the next 50 years even though some big name pollies like to talk up a potential bid.

Sorry I must disagree with you, more like 150 years!

So you think that a mayor setback like the massive floods of last year would happen again and again?

If you set yourself a goal...shouldn't you take care that it is realistic, eg putting up a timeframe, that included worst-case scenarios...?? Pro- active planning...oh...mai pen rai!

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok Futsal Arena, a multi-million stadium, failed to win Fifa approval to use in the upcoming Futsal World Cup for concerns of safety.

Fifa said in its website that the safety of spectators, teams and all other visitors to the stadium are of paramount importance.

The quarter-final matches scheduled to be played on 14 November will now be played at Bangkok's Nimibutr Stadium, whilst the semi-finals and final will be hosted at Bangkok's Indoor Stadium Huamark.

We will test the arena on October 30 and no matter what FIFA decides, this FUTSAL field will be ready from November 1," Sukhumbhand said.

In your eyes it may be ready but it appears that it can't be used! Another big headed, full of his his own piss and importance Thai put in his place!

We all know what will happen though...won't we?

BMA press- conference: of course we were ready, 100% on time. Only stupid farang from FIFA will never allow Thailand to shine blah blah blah...

(after that, of course someone on TV will defend this and mention Thaksin, who is obviously behind the late delivery of the floor...blah blah blah...)

Bangkok governor MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra said yesterday he would take responsibility if the Futsal World Cup stadium was not ready in time.
Bangkok Futsal Arena fails to win Fifa approval

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok Futsal Arena, a multi-million stadium, failed to win Fifa approval to use in the upcoming Futsal World Cup for concerns of safety.

Fifa said in its website that the safety of spectators, teams and all other visitors to the stadium are of paramount importance.

The quarter-final matches scheduled to be played on 14 November will now be played at Bangkok's Nimibutr Stadium, whilst the semi-finals and final will be hosted at Bangkok's Indoor Stadium Huamark.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11-06

I wonder how Sukhumbhand will take responsibility.

i think the main reason why thailand will never host an olympics or a footbal WC is becouse they are not a sporting nation , they cant fill the stadiums for this futsal WC and the biggest only holds 12,500 {so i read smewhere} , they dont have any world champion or world class track athletes that im aware of , and cant remember them ever having one , they do have a few good boxers but i could never see them fill stadiums of 50-70-100,000 people for track and field or any other sport,............as far as i know the biggest crowds they get at sporting events is when liverpool or man utd have a pre-season friendly in bkk . another factor would be the pricing ,...if it came anywhere near the cost of a ticket for the london games the average thai would need to re-mortgage !

Bangkok governor MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra said yesterday he would take responsibility if the Futsal World Cup stadium was not ready in time.
Bangkok Futsal Arena fails to win Fifa approval

The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-11-06

I wonder how Sukhumbhand will take responsibility.

So, from above article It's clear that they had places suitable to play the matches, why the need to build a multi-million ( $ I assume ) futsal arena?

Some events surely have promise

1 Envelope stuffing

2 Spinning elastic band around somtam bag

3 How many drunks can fall off a Pick-up speeding thru songkran slush and STILL be overloaded

4 Economy with the truth

5 Double pricing

6 Pro bar games

7 Shemale imperson-asian

8 Fastest jetski ripoff

9 Tastiest appearing Hoi

10 Smiling blatantly while robbing foreigners ,natives and all-comers

Edited by RubbaJohnny