Looking For A Good Quality Foldable Umbrella

tygerstar

eBay.

I bought mine in Europe from Benetton. It was about 75 Euros. It has lasted 2 winters in Europe and 5 years in Thailand. Still opens and closes perfectly. Fits in a backpack, purse, whatever. We have gone through about 5 or 6 umbrellas from Central in the same time period and the last one we bought I threw out last week. It lasted one season. They are all junk. Buy on-line for quality.

I just buy them at Chiang Mai Plastic knowing they won't last long -- substantially cheaper than Central, but they don't last any longer. I go thru 4 or 5 umbrellas a year and that's with them breaking, not my losing them. But, I use them every time I'm outdoors.

I was going to ask you what you use it for....as it reminds me of a story about a westerner studying Buddhism.

She was in a Songlor with a lady friend when they were attacked by a man on the street.

In the end the attacker only succeeded in frightening the women, but the Buddhist student was quite upset by the event and afterwards asked her teacher what she should have done...what woudl have been the appropriate, Buddhist response. the teacher said very simpy "you should have very mindfully and with great compassion the wacked the attacker over the head with your umbrella"

It has its uses doesnt it?