Ginger Beer And Bottling Plant

TwoDogz

Anyone know where to buy Ginger Beer in Bangkok ?

And, also looking for a bottling plant to make my own if cannot find any, so where to buy the bottles and the caps and the hand machine thingy that clamps the bottle tops on etc ?

Wow you really like your ginger beer huh?

There used to be a quite spicy brand imported from Jamaica in small lots available occasionally at Tops, but I guess there wasn't enough of a market, don't recall seeing it for years now.

Can't put you onto the bottling equipment directly, but a trip to Yaowarat area with an interpreter should do it, plan on a long tiring day.

If it's just for your own consumption, might be better off looking for those lever-style bottles with the porcelain and rubber caps, much more environmentally friendly as well.

Note that everyone will assume you're making moonshine, so be prepared for visits from the local BNB looking for handouts. . .

Yaorawat will be a good starting spot.

Shall checkout emporium and paragon also for cans of the stuff as they often have various imported stuff...and expensive.

But the bottle you mention would be good also, had forgotten about those.

Up here in Chiang Mai, I can get Bickford's aussie ginger-cordial for about 140B/bottle at Rimping supermarkets (4 branches), which mixed with soda-water makes a passable imitation of 'real' ginger-beer.

Edited by Ricardo

A few years back Elephant Ginger Beer was imported from Malaysia and sold in places like Tops and Foodland but have not seen it ages now.

I once was stopped from buying a couple of cans in the afternoon at Foodland Raminthra as they thought it was alcoholic.

Home brewing for personal consumption makes you liable to a fine of ฿600.- Plus confiscation, of course. Google home brew thailand and you will find information about yeasts. I am grateful for the idea as my wife planted a LOT of ginger in the garden as I foolishly said that I like it.

I'm not sure about brewing temperatures for ginger beer, nor about storage. I will be buying an old freezer and adjusting it so that it gets to around 23 C, ideal for beer.