Evil Man From Krabi

Slaps

It would be useful to have some more details as to this alleged crime & criminal. What's the "Dutch" angle here; is the father of the victim a Dutchman, or is the alleged rapist a man from the Low-Lands ? Any links to this story, other than a guy singin' about it ?

Concerned Dutchman

It would be useful to have some more details as to this alleged crime & criminal. What's the "Dutch" angle here; is the father of the victim a Dutchman, or is the alleged rapist a man from the Low-Lands ? Any links to this story, other than a guy singin' about it ?

Concerned Dutchman

Its quite clear that the concerned person a Thai tourguide is and that these guys that are singing are artists. One is pretending or really the father. But i too like to know more.

We need to keep all our women safe at all times - rape is a dastardly crime.

I too hope this clip goes viral

With burning the bra and all and equal rights, should they not be first and foremost be taking care of themselves ?

Last month I translated in court for a rape case, the offender had just been released for the rape of a Thai woman, 2 days after his release he goes on and raped a foreign tourist and was once again released on bail. I posted on this forum and quite a few were giving me a hard time because I didn't agree with the perpetrator being released on bail.

I have translated in quite a few cases and 99% of the time the accused was released on bail, even once in a robbery/kidnapping where the court of first hearing handed down a 15 years and 9 months sentence, they released them on bail till the appeal court will make a decision.

It comes down to the simple fact that if you can pay the set bail amount, out you go unless of course you are a foreigner !

We can have long discussion about the right/pro/cons of bail but out here they seem to take it all very lightly. Concerning long sentences also that is a hoax, a Thai suspect I know of got 10 years for attempted murder and actually spend 3 years and 6 months inside, then released !

Last month I translated in court for a rape case, the offender had just been released for the rape of a Thai woman, 2 days after his release he goes on and raped a foreign tourist and was once again released on bail. I posted on this forum and quite a few were giving me a hard time because I didn't agree with the perpetrator being released on bail.

I have translated in quite a few cases and 99% of the time the accused was released on bail, even once in a robbery/kidnapping where the court of first hearing handed down a 15 years and 9 months sentence, they released them on bail till the appeal court will make a decision.

It comes down to the simple fact that if you can pay the set bail amount, out you go unless of course you are a foreigner !

We can have long discussion about the right/pro/cons of bail but out here they seem to take it all very lightly. Concerning long sentences also that is a hoax, a Thai suspect I know of got 10 years for attempted murder and actually spend 3 years and 6 months inside, then released !

Do you do this court translation on request from a client, or are you appointed by the courts and then cannot choose which cases etc ?

Wondering how much this might cost...PM if shy.

Bail, is indeed a thing that is hard to discuss, in cases of repeat offenders who are a danger to others should not be granted bail. Also bail should not be granted when the suspect can interfere with the investigation.

Here often its quite random, but i hope that this out on bail in this case does not mean out forever. Just keeping pressure there is a good thing.

• Like 1

Do you do this court translation on request from a client, or are you appointed by the courts and then cannot choose which cases etc ?

It's the court/police that calls me, I'll do it if and when I'm available but lately pick up the phone less because I just don't agree with the "justice" I see.

• Like 1

It's the court/police that calls me, I'll do it if and when I'm available but lately pick up the phone less because I just don't agree with the "justice" I see.

Cheers.

Wish I had a decent translator when I needed one several years ago...I would have won.

Would be interesting, but perhaps depressing getting involved in all the nitty gritty stuff of what goes on here.